Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

NEW FILM NAMED Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
NEW FILM NAMED Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens

Essence_of_Light
11.06.2014 , 12:27 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by EvenHardNiner View Post
implying people use Star Wars discussion.... but omg this is incredibly embarrassing omg
Someone seems to be easily offended.
For the Republic!
Click my referral link here for free
goodies like Cartel Market unlocks
!

TheNahash
11.06.2014 , 12:29 PM | #22
When was the Force asleep?
Master Kalchas Captain Santé
Darth Dírge Agent Héretic

Joesixxpack
11.06.2014 , 12:32 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by TheNahash View Post
When was the Force asleep?

During a number of points in the prequels.

Darka
11.06.2014 , 12:33 PM | #24
Fits with the other titles in the series.
The Defender Program est 2006 Presents
THE UNCIVILLISED SWOOP CLUB
@Darkatron @DefenderProgram @Uncivillised on Facebook/Twitter
Owner of the Hat'o'Awesome

psandak
11.06.2014 , 12:34 PM | #25
OP: a question. Is "A New Hope" really any better? This is the first in a trilogy, it is a building block.

And I quote The Bard: "what is in a name..."

That title gives us a vague notion as to the tenor of the story. Nothing more. Any more and there is the risk of giving away the story.
The Ortzid Legacy on The Harbinger
Car'beerd (Guardian) Dalkery (Scoundrel) Blairnah (Sage) Daellia (Merc) and 11 other characters
Understanding Crew Skills / High End Schematics / Best Crew Skills / Crew Skill Money Making / Reverse Engineering Rules / SWTOR Story to date

TheNahash
11.06.2014 , 12:36 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Joesixxpack View Post
During a number of points in the prequels.
Like during Christensen's scenes?
The Force was DEFINITELY not awakened during those - not that I blame it, I struggled to remain "awakened" myself.
Master Kalchas Captain Santé
Darth Dírge Agent Héretic

Dras_Keto
11.06.2014 , 12:37 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by TheNahash View Post
Like during Christensen's scenes?
The Force was DEFINITELY not awakened during those - not that I blame it, I struggled to remain "awakened" myself.
Id have thought the Force was wide awake then and kicking and screaming in anguish.

ashikagaoda
11.06.2014 , 12:39 PM | #28
I am pretty pumped for VII and think the title is great. It perfectly sets up the spirit for the reboot under the sure directorial hand of JJ Abrams. ^_^

Vandicus
11.06.2014 , 12:41 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by psandak View Post
OP: a question. Is "A New Hope" really any better? This is the first in a trilogy, it is a building block.

And I quote The Bard: "what is in a name..."

That title gives us a vague notion as to the tenor of the story. Nothing more. Any more and there is the risk of giving away the story.
A New Hope is better because it ties directly into what the movie was about(all of the Star Wars movies are named after what's in them).

Granted The Force Awakens could tie directly into the movie. Like the movie could be all about how the Force was lying dormant in lots of people and then suddenly people start getting force sensitivity or something.

It is a weird title though. The implications are either that the Force is more like a god and has been sleeping all this time, or that there'll be a sudden rash of people getting force powers(both of which are radically different than how Legacy Star Wars worked). Or that the title has basically nothing to do with what it is actually in the movie(my guess as to what is most likely).
Darasuum kote ner vode!
Darasuum kote Mando'ade!

DarthDymond
11.06.2014 , 12:46 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Vandicus View Post
A New Hope is better because it ties directly into what the movie was about(all of the Star Wars movies are named after what's in them).

Granted The Force Awakens could tie directly into the movie. Like the movie could be all about how the Force was lying dormant in lots of people and then suddenly people start getting force sensitivity or something.

It is a weird title though. The implications are either that the Force is more like a god and has been sleeping all this time, or that there'll be a sudden rash of people getting force powers(both of which are radically different than how Legacy Star Wars worked). Or that the title has basically nothing to do with what it is actually in the movie(my guess as to what is most likely).
It could very well be about the Force 'awakening' in a single person who is central to the plot. Doesn't have to be something on a grand scale to still be a relevant title to the story being told.
One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate, and thus defy the tyrannous stars. ~Kain

Refer A Friend Link: http://www.swtor.com/r/2gNj3d to get the free stuff detailed here