Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

SWTOR is canon

Sarfux
09.16.2014 , 09:23 AM | #1
. "The way I'm going to answer that is to say that a lot of people were asking that after the stuff happened with lucasarts and disney and they started announcing canon stuff. We work with lucasarts on a daily basis to continue to bring an authentic Star Wars experience to SWTOR. I was just talking to them last week. So if you are asking if this is Star Wars this is most definitely Star Wars. They sign off on everything we do."

I will just say that since lucasarts signs off on everything they do and if SWTOR was not canon, I don't think LucasArts (disney) would let them do that if SWTOR wasn't canon. But, you guys will just see yet again. .
Always be who you are, not what the galaxy wants you to be

Mentor System

SWTOR: Out On the Horizon

Honest Assessment of the Game

So Long, Forums

Darth_Wicked
09.16.2014 , 09:26 AM | #2
That's not exactly what he said.

People were asking the question in the stream's chat and Eric said they work closely with LucasArts in order to provide a true SW experience and the like, but didn't exactly spell out...
Quote:
SWTOR IS CANON.
Different things.

ZionHalcyon
09.16.2014 , 09:27 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Wicked View Post

People were asking the question in the stream's chat and Eric said that they worked closely with LucasArts in order to provide a true SW experience and the like, but didn't exactly spell out...Different things.
Exactly. Op is delusional

Anysao
09.16.2014 , 09:27 AM | #4
REJOICE!!!!

Now, back to the almighty guild of Darth Mcfuzzles in his pursuit to kill the same Sith Lords in a 16 vs 1 battle every week, working with at least three other people who are the same person.

But seriously: Hooray! Now we just need Thrawn.
Ooh! In Elder Scrolls Online, I get magic spells and colossal PvP! That sounds cool, but one question, where do I get a lightsaber?
Want to get a lightsaber, too? Click this text for a free trial run of The Old Republic. Returning player? No problem! Join today!

Darth_Wicked
09.16.2014 , 09:28 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Anysao View Post
REJOICE!!!!

Now, back to the almighty guild of Darth Mcfuzzles in his pursuit to kill the same Sith Lords in a 16 vs 1 battle every week, working with at least three other people who are the same person.

But seriously: Hooray! Now we just need Thrawn.
Read what I said above. The OP misinterpreted what Eric said.

Anysao
09.16.2014 , 09:33 AM | #6
Read what I said above. The OP misinterpreted what Eric said.
Oh... Woops. This thread is just updating faster than I anticipated. Got interrupted. :P

Anyway: Fingers crossed then.

But my point still does stand... I don't really feel that "canon" is the right word. When I have a group of eight Sith Lords, Imperial agents, and Bounty hunters, and we still struggle to defeat a single droid (Corruptor Zero, Fabricator, Annhilator droid, Operator IX, etc), it doesn't feel too "Star Warsy."
Ooh! In Elder Scrolls Online, I get magic spells and colossal PvP! That sounds cool, but one question, where do I get a lightsaber?
Want to get a lightsaber, too? Click this text for a free trial run of The Old Republic. Returning player? No problem! Join today!

collinc
09.16.2014 , 09:35 AM | #7
SWTOR is definitely not canon. The only things that are still canon are the movies and the clone wars, nothing else.

But it doesn't matter. Legends is better than canon. SWTOR doesn't ever talk about things like midichlorians.

DarthDymond
09.16.2014 , 09:35 AM | #8

People were asking the question in the stream's chat and Eric said that they work closely with LucasArts in order to provide a true SW experience and the like, but didn't exactly spell out...Different things.
Okay, that makes more sense.

My first reaction to OP's claim was that either Eric said something different than what is being claimed here and it is just being (mis)interpreted, or Eric made an off-the-cuff remark that he's probably going to have to walk back.

Yes, BW absolutely works closely with LucasArts to keep SWTOR consistent with the SW Universe (at least the Legends version of the Universe, which included things like the Great Hyperspace War, the Chiss, etc.) and an acceptable part of the SW brand. But I doubt that future SWs products are going to be required to treat SWTOR as Canon the way they are required to treat things like New Dawn, The Clone Wars, Rebels, the upcoming Tarkin novel, etc, as Canon.
One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate, and thus defy the tyrannous stars. ~Kain

Refer A Friend Link: http://www.swtor.com/r/2gNj3d to get the free stuff detailed here

Kantaso
09.16.2014 , 09:37 AM | #9
LOL I read SWTOR is a cannon, lol, I am definitely getting old. Time for newer glasses.
Seek and ye shall find
The Master
Like my Scottish grand father used to say, "hey lad may I haz yurrr stofff?"
Free stuff -----> http://www.swtor.com/r/ZptVnY

TheNahash
09.16.2014 , 09:38 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Kantaso View Post
LOL I read SWTOR is a cannon, lol, I am definitely getting old. Time for newer glasses.
That definitely sounds more interesting than SWTOR being canon or not.
Master Kalchas Captain Santé
Darth Dírge Agent Héretic