Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

SWTOR is canon

Gentleman_snow
10.29.2014 , 02:40 PM | #111
I was watching part of Episode III the other day, where Mace Windu does he swan dive and Palps ups his need for Oil of Ole. He tells Anakin, "Once more the Sith will rule the galaxy." That may have had nothing to do with KOTOR/SW:TOR, but I thought "Hey, that's good enough for me. Palps has been studying his holocrons." If nothing outside the movies or Clone Wars is canon anymore, well, a lot of that stuff -needed- to go. For me, that and Mace Windu's purple saber (I gave Meetra one years ago before E3 came out and KOTOR 2 was new) bound my personal canon together.

Sure, my personal canon doesn't mean poo to anyone but me, but it all worked in -my- imagination, so what's official and what isn't is secondary to my own preference. I guess I embrace what I want to. And certainly enough of us would like to see KOTOR/SW:TOR as canon anyway. That far back in the past it can go either way, so eh. Just enjoy the ride. :P
Ahsoka Tano is my spirit animal.
BIOWARE: THANK YOU FOR THERAN SHAN IN KOTFE .
Master Savarash Kholm on the Harbinger

errant_knight
11.03.2014 , 09:11 PM | #112
Just because something isn't canon now, it doesn't mean that it never will be. It also doesn't mean that it will. Is swtor canon at the moment? No, no more than any other part of the EU, Does it cause a direct problem in writing for the new stuff? Nope, probably not, so that's not standing in the way of it being considered canon at some point--a major problem for a lot of EU stuff. They aren't going to name anything as canon that they don't have to since that will narrow their options for the future, so unless they start making movies in this time period, it will probablly stay llegend. Doesn't change anything other than whether it says legend or canon next to it.