Blue Sphere: Not Bound to Legacy? (Not asking for Legacy Wide Speeder)

MrRuck

With such a high cost and being added to the second stage of an event, we should be able to choose which toon to permanently equip it to.

I spent all my Gray Helix Components on my main under the presumption that all items would be Bind to Legacy to compensate for the Grey Helix Components being Bind on Pickup. As it stands, before this event ends I'll only be able to afford this Bind on Pickup speeder on a toon I don't even play outside events. >.<

I get where you're coming from - that's why the weapons themselves are BoL. You'll be able to purchase the weapon with your healer and mail it to your Sentinel. Or you can earn Components on both characters and get a weapon for each of them in the same amount of time, since the Reputation points are shared.
Edited by MrRuck

Why should it be?? You bought it with your main.. Why should your alts have access to it as well?? :confused:

That's not what I said. I haven't bought it on my main nor can I & I don't want multiple toons to have access (Bind to Legacy isn't the same as a Legacy Wide Speeder).

Edited by MrRuck

I also am a little disappointed by this. The character I want it on I did not participate in the first appearance of the event because she's an operative and I didn't like the blaster rifle. Yet now I feel gimped because I will be 2 short of getting enough components. Its disappointing that I'm going to be so close, but fall short regardless.

• Dev Post

Hi folks!

Stepping in to confirm that this is absolutely not intended. We've added the following to the Known Issues:

• The Blue Sphere Reputation Reward for the Gree Enclave is currently Bind on Pickup rather than Bind on Legacy as intended.

We apologize for any confusion. This should be fixed with patch 1.7.3, but please remember that any time we give an estimate like that, testing could change things. If this happens, we'll be sure to let you know.

:ph_cheers:

Hi folks!

Stepping in to confirm that this is absolutely not intended. We've added the following to the Known Issues:

• The Blue Sphere Reputation Reward for the Gree Enclave is currently Bind on Pickup rather than Bind on Legacy as intended.

We apologize for any confusion. This should be fixed with patch 1.7.3, but please remember that any time we give an estimate like that, testing could change things. If this happens, we'll be sure to let you know.

Thanks for the clarification! That's good news!

Hi folks!

Good. This means I can grind it out on one of my alts that has 14 of the Helix already, so I might be able to get it this go around.

Hi folks!

Bumped!

I think this should be stickied until it's fixed.

Hi folks!

so if you haven't bought it yet should you wait for it to be bound to legacy or should it change from bop to bound to legacy when it's fixed?

whens the cathar coming.

Well, considering the fact that this event is apparently coming back every month, I don't think this is really necessary. You can get 42-46 helix in two weeks.

How is it possible to get more than 42 in 2 weeks if you've already done the other one time event quests from the first go around or were those being counted?

Daily Heroic = 1 Gray Helix x 14 = 14

SM Xeno 16man = 6 Gray Helix (for maximum helix 2 weeks due to lockout) x 2 = 12

HM Xeno 16man = 8 Gray Helix (for maximum helix 2 weeks due to lockout) x 2 = 16

I see a total of 42, how would you get more in a 2 week period? You'd have to have at least 6 from the prior grinding which is cool I was just wondering if there is something I'm missing. But definitely points to having some stocked up from last go around that or gotta wait till the event returns yet again to obtain.

Carrot on stick stick routine eh EA?

Hi folks!

Does this mean that any pre-existing ones will also change to bind on legacy or should I wait to purchase one?

How is it possible to get more than 42 in 2 weeks if you've already done the other one time event quests from the first go around or were those being counted?

Daily Heroic = 1 Gray Helix x 14 = 14

SM Xeno 16man = 6 Gray Helix (for maximum helix 2 weeks due to lockout) x 2 = 12

HM Xeno 16man = 8 Gray Helix (for maximum helix 2 weeks due to lockout) x 2 = 16

I see a total of 42, how would you get more in a 2 week period? You'd have to have at least 6 from the prior grinding which is cool I was just wondering if there is something I'm missing. But definitely points to having some stocked up from last go around that or gotta wait till the event returns yet again to obtain.

Carrot on stick stick routine eh EA?

If the patch notes are correct:

Gravak'k and Surgok'k now drop one Galactic Reputation Trophy for each member of the Operations group (up to 24).

Ya, I was for 1 disappointed about that, especially since we cant sell or trade Grey Helix Components, there is no way for any other toon to get the mount. They should either allows us to trade and sell things from Gree event or at least bind it to legacy so we can send it to the toon of our choice

Yeah, would love to see the helix components BoL since I have a few scattered across 6 level 50 toons from the first couple weeks of the event. I never wanted to equip all my alts with the Gree weapons but but having all those unused components seems like such a waste. :(

Hi folks!

So the speeder and the weapons will be bind to legacy but the components used to buy them are bind on pickup /facepalm