Subscriber downgraded to Preferred/Free to play

Tasboro

Hello there, I've just logged in only to discover I've been downgraded from Subscriber to Free to Play despite the fact that the monthly paypal payment has been (correctly) billed for the 70-something-th time this morning. I wanted to open an online bug report but of course I cannot as I'm not a subscriber anymore, according to the system. Also, all the money minus 1,000,000 credits have gone. How do I contact support and have this matter investigated? Edited by Tasboro

Send an email to support@swtor.com. Include your account name and, whilst probably not necessary, proof of payment. It is best to email from the email address that is associated with your account, but if you do email from another address be certain to include that email (the account email) in the message. Being that it is a weekend they likely will not get to it before Monday, but hold tight as they have been fairly responsive in resolving these issues.

I wrote to the support email and the replied within one hour: issue solved.

I included my account name, email and the email of my paypal account and that was it. Must say I wasn't really expecting such a quick reply/solution, considering the fact it was a Saturday.

I wrote to the support email and the replied within one hour: issue solved.

I included my account name, email and the email of my paypal account and that was it. Must say I wasn't really expecting such a quick reply/solution, considering the fact it was a Saturday.

Happy it is sorted. Hopefully kejel receives a quick response and resolution, as well.

• Dev Post

Hi kiovec and Outcastt,

Your issue is now fixed. If you log into your account, you will see that your status has been changed to subscriber.

Edit: I invite players who encounter issues with their subscription to directly contact our support team at this email address: support@swtor.com (make sure to mention your account iD or send the email from the address linked to your SWTOR account) or post your issue in the following thread on our SWTOR Answer HQ - Forums: Problems with Subscription.

Edited by CommunityTeam

This is beyond annoying, especially since it started over the weekend and is still continuing. I played fine all weekend, go to log in before work this morning and oh look, preferred status. Ridiculous. I emailed support but honestly, not holding my breath if it's anything like in game tickets. Hopefully I get to play soon, :(

This is beyond annoying, especially since it started over the weekend and is still continuing. I played fine all weekend, go to log in before work this morning and oh look, preferred status. Ridiculous. I emailed support but honestly, not holding my breath if it's anything like in game tickets. Hopefully I get to play soon, :(

this seems to have been going on for a few weeks, we've had quite a few threads over it.

And I'll say this here too, if you log in and says you are downgraded, do NOT log in to any toon/char that is a Guild Master, as you will lose GM, and depending on who it goes to, could lose the guild as well.

this seems to have been going on for a few weeks, we've had quite a few threads over it.

And I'll say this here too, if you log in and says you are downgraded, do NOT log in to any toon/char that is a Guild Master, as you will lose GM, and depending on who it goes to, could lose the guild as well.

Seriously? I am gm to two guilds, is that going to cause me to lose the guilds? This is really a load of crap to put it bluntly. How has this been going on now for a bit and it's not fixed yet? And to get it resolved WE have to reach out to support which has yet to acknowledge me at all btw. Is there an eta on the fix or do we just hope that they eventually get to me and hope they actually fix the problem? If this is a bug that's been here for a bit, how do we know it won't screw us over again tomorrow?

Honestly, with all the problems this game has, and the no love for role play by the devs I still loved playing my characters even if I never interacted with anyone else. I am okay with everything the game has dished out. I have sat here playing since beta, happy as a clam in the little world I have built for myself on swtor. This though...this...is honestly making me think about finally moving on to play something else. The thought makes me beyond sad. I don't know why but it just does. I dunno. Just the thought of possibly losing my guilds and all the work that has gone into them because of a known bug that no one bothers to fix? That just sucks. :(:(:(