Purpose of HM ops?

So i think on nim i got a good chunk of unassembled components per boss. On HM, however, i did not notice anything interesting/useful dropping (was like SM gear from gods or something).

So outside of prog, lulz etc, what exactly is the reason to do HM ops?

Because the skill cap of the player base is not divisible by 2. You saw this problem when ToS/Rav were released with no nightmare there was a large group of players who could face roll SM and could kill up to as many as 7 of the HM bosses but when it got to MnB, Cora and Revan the couldn't. So you literally had an entire bracket of players who didn't get anything they could complete that was satisfyingly challenging enough for them and as a result many left the game.

Because the skill cap of the player base is not divisible by 2. You saw this problem when ToS/Rav were released with no nightmare there was a large group of players who could face roll SM and could kill up to as many as 7 of the HM bosses but when it got to MnB, Cora and Revan the couldn't. So you literally had an entire bracket of players who didn't get anything they could complete that was satisfyingly challenging enough for them and as a result many left the game.

I get that, and that is a fair point. Im just disappointed in the sense that there is no loot reward for doing them at all. U can get better gear from dailies, with alts feeding one toon u can get decked out in a span of one week (i know i did). Would be nice if at least HM dropped some amount of unassembled components.