Cyber + Slicing + Scavage or U.W. Trading?

Pysoden

Yeah, 15 minutes until the servers come up so I thought I might ask. Cybertech is around 250 and Scavage is around 260. I dropped Underworld Trading initially to pick up slicing and it was a great option, however all of the blue/purple mods require UT materials along with scavaging and the UT materials are considerably more expensive on my server (2k per bar of level 3 UW Trading Materials).

So do you guys think it's more profitable to buy the cheaper but heavy quantity scavaging materials, or stick with scavaging and just fork out cash for blue/purple bars.

Edit: Clarification

Edited by Pysoden

I've been doing cybertech + scavenging + slicing, but the lack of the rare elements from UWT is bumming me out (can level it just fine, but cant make blue/other mods).

Never thought of dropping scavenging though, pretty neat idea actually...

I've been doing cybertech + scavenging + slicing, but the lack of the rare elements from UWT is bumming me out (can level it just fine, but cant make blue/other mods).

Never thought of dropping scavenging though, pretty neat idea actually...

That's what I'm doing, slicing is beast

I started Cyber/Salv/UT, but been considering dumping Salv for Slicing. Mats from Salvage are readily available on the Exchange for what I consider are reasonable prices, and I figure boosting the bankroll via Slicing gives me far more flexibilty for the time being. There's no reason why I cannot pick up Salvaging late game when money matters less, and level it then.

I just made the switch, I dropped Salvage for Slicing and so far so good. I do have one question about slicing, when you are making your runs you are doing the ones that allow you to open the cases? When do you start to make the 1000-5000 credits that was posted previous? Right now my skill is only 35 and I make on average between 90-130. Thanks

I just made the switch, I dropped Salvage for Slicing and so far so good. I do have one question about slicing, when you are making your runs you are doing the ones that allow you to open the cases? When do you start to make the 1000-5000 credits that was posted previous? Right now my skill is only 35 and I make on average between 90-130. Thanks

The skill builds fairly quickly. I'm about 200 and I'm seeing that amount right now

I originally had Cyber/Scavage/Slicing, but not having UT really impairs your ability to level Cybertech as you really can't find any of the metals on the market because everybody is trying to level their own tradeskills...though I do miss slicing.

Stupid question. What does Mako's efficency bonus to cyber and slicing do for you? Does it make her faster on those missions or crafting or is it bigger than that?

faster, she has +15 slicing so a 3 minute slicing mission will only take her 2 min 30 sec. (or something like that)

Edited by Sinsavz