no one likes hutt ball

NakodaTheJedi

hutt ball is dreadful can we like all band together and end it lol like when another team is at 5 pts why must you keep fighting just let them score especially when there is 6 mins remaining no need to start doing a good job at defense now end the torture...no one enjoys huttball in swtor

I like Hutt ball too when there isn’t any desync it is actually my favourite type of pvp.

But the problem is the desync has progressively gotten worse with every major content release. So now its hardly playable for me at lvl 75 and highest ping.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

I like Hutt ball too when there isn’t any desync it is actually my favourite type of pvp.

But the problem is the desync has progressively gotten worse with every major content release. So now its hardly playable for me at lvl 75 and highest ping.

I'm telling ya, if they went all in on ranked pvp being a huttball league, with like 6 - 9 month seasons and a playoff itd be fantastic.

The problem with huttball is how easy it is to score with only 2 player coordinating together, and then how difficult it is to defend without two players defending.

Even with what used to be valid strategies (like 4-5 players hold mid while the rest of the team moves with the ball), you can still score so easily now that it's just not fun unless both teams either only play mid or form a moving deathball of cleave that moves with the ball carriers.

The problem with huttball is how easy it is to score with only 2 player coordinating together, and then how difficult it is to defend without two players defending.

Even with what used to be valid strategies (like 4-5 players hold mid while the rest of the team moves with the ball), you can still score so easily now that it's just not fun unless both teams either only play mid or form a moving deathball of cleave that moves with the ball carriers.

Literally nothing significant has changed about "how easy it is to score" from back when guilds were enthusiastically enjoying huttball matches against each other. Operative roll was there (and better) Hydraulic overrides was around, warriors/knights would leap about.

I'm with OP on this. I don't play SW:TOR, or any MMO for that matter, to play a ball game. There are Madden and 2k to fill that niche.

Huttball League needs to be its own mode of PvP, Like GSF or ranked.

HB is essentially the star wars version of capture the flag. Unless madden implements force speed, stuns, grapple and stealth into it's game, you can't compare the 2.

Huttball is great and possibly among the most original maps for Objective based maps.

Especially if you have mates who know what to do in the game it is really fun.

Map is not broken, what is are some classes and how they work in the map. And this can easily be fixed by BW if they would put some though on it.

The real problems in HB in recent metas are the following:

- Speed with the ball.

I would actually make a debuff that once you have the ball no speed affect can work, whether it is Operative/Scoundrel roll (currently the most OP skill in the map), Force Speed for Sages/Sorcerers, and even Knights/Warrior leaps. With the ball you cannot run, and everyone has the same speed. Without the ball everyone has his ability.

- Stealth in Goal-Side Area

This is another broken feature, and makes the game a bit stupid, especially when one considers that Jugg/Guardians can do friendly leap, and Sins and Operatives have a similar ability. So a stealth detector should be made in goal zones which makes stealth abilities useless in goal side area.

If BW would implement these two suggestions Huttball dynamic would be much sweeter and competitive, and also should encourage more passing.

The 20 sec ball debuff was a great idea, with the above two HB would be so much competitive and a clever game. It's a pity that writing here our suggestions (or any part of the forum) seems not to be considered :confused:

Edited by limenutpen

step 1: play jugg, have a friend sit in stealth on the edege.

step 2: intercede

step 3: do that 6 more times and win the match and move on to the next que.

Or bioware could let people que for game modes they want to play instead of random gamemodes. They did it for flashpoints I fail to see why they cant do the same for PvP.

hutt ball is dreadful can we like all band together and end it lol like when another team is at 5 pts why must you keep fighting just let them score especially when there is 6 mins remaining no need to start doing a good job at defense now end the torture...no one enjoys huttball in swtor

Agree fully.

I really love hutt ball it's just the smooth brains that think getting high dps makes them a good player ruins it for everyone else. Are you playing the ball? If not you're an anchor to your team. P eople with tunnel vision in regs should just quit every hutt ball they join and let people who actually play the game have their spot.

Speak for yourself. OG Huttball is hands down the best damn pvp map to ever exist and I'd kill for some kind of huttball league. Maybe if people would bother to learn how to play the map and stop running off to go DPS in some corner they'd learn to like the map.

My only issue with hutball, is that the game has moved on and gotten so much faster. But the map size has stayed the same, so its a horribly unbalanced mess and whoever mashes left click on the ball 1st wins the point 99% of the time.