Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Clarification Desired: Is ALL gear going to become Bind-to-Legacy in 6.0?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Public Test Server
Clarification Desired: Is ALL gear going to become Bind-to-Legacy in 6.0?

Anysao
10.12.2019 , 12:57 PM | #1
I saw in the PTS that an unusual amount of new gear is Bind-to-Legacy. Was this intentional?

Furthermore, if it was intentional, will this be carried over to all gear? I hope so, because I have some pre-2.0 named weapons that I would like to move around my Legacy.
Ooh! In Elder Scrolls Online, I get magic spells and colossal PvP! That sounds cool, but one question, where do I get a lightsaber?
Want to get a lightsaber, too? Click this text for a free trial run of The Old Republic. Returning player? No problem! Join today!

MasterRummy
10.12.2019 , 03:35 PM | #2
yes all legacy going forward

Sambril
10.12.2019 , 03:36 PM | #3
From what I saw on PTS all new gear will be BoL - loot, rewards, renown crates and vendor. Existing gear is not being changed. It is good for shipping to alts, but cannot be sold on GTN.
The Starlight Legacy

"Troopers do it in heavy armor" RaF: http://www.swtor.com/r/YBLLhw

Darev
10.12.2019 , 06:09 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Anysao View Post
I saw in the PTS that an unusual amount of new gear is Bind-to-Legacy. Was this intentional?

Furthermore, if it was intentional, will this be carried over to all gear? I hope so, because I have some pre-2.0 named weapons that I would like to move around my Legacy.
They mentioned that existing gear MIGHT get converted down the road (in the future at some point) but who knows if they'll ever get to it.
If you choose to fight in the sewer you can no longer claim to have the moral high ground.

Anysao
10.12.2019 , 07:31 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Darev View Post
They mentioned that existing gear MIGHT get converted down the road (in the future at some point) but who knows if they'll ever get to it.
Thanks for clearing that up. I hope they decide to do the names pre-2.0 weapons relatively soon. They added tuning slots to them, so itís not like the weapons have been forgotten.
Ooh! In Elder Scrolls Online, I get magic spells and colossal PvP! That sounds cool, but one question, where do I get a lightsaber?
Want to get a lightsaber, too? Click this text for a free trial run of The Old Republic. Returning player? No problem! Join today!

allexj
10.13.2019 , 09:20 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Sambril View Post
From what I saw on PTS all new gear will be BoL - loot, rewards, renown crates and vendor. Existing gear is not being changed. It is good for shipping to alts, but cannot be sold on GTN.
Wait if all gear is going to be BoL. That would mean the only thing sellable on gtn would be augs?
Support Togruta,Bothan and other Alien Species! I Support LGBT Romance Arcs.

Sambril
10.13.2019 , 09:56 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by allexj View Post
Wait if all gear is going to be BoL. That would mean the only thing sellable on gtn would be augs?
And other crafted gear, yes.

The version of crafting in PTS3 would have made it unlikely that anyone would have bothered making anything, but Eric Musco has said that there will be some changes before live. My fear is that those changes will not be enough.
The Starlight Legacy

"Troopers do it in heavy armor" RaF: http://www.swtor.com/r/YBLLhw

Estelindis
10.13.2019 , 06:33 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by allexj View Post
There is a new type of binding on PTS: Bind to Legacy on Equip. That means we can craft gear for other people's legacies.
|| My referral link || Trask Ulgo 🡢 The Progenitor 🡢 Darth Malgus ||
Let's Fix 6.0 Crafting
More love for class companions, please.
~~~Felix Iresso return discussion & fanfic~~~

DreadtechSavant
10.13.2019 , 06:37 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Estelindis View Post
There is a new type of binding on PTS: Bind to Legacy on Equip. That means we can craft gear for other people's legacies.
That was my understanding as well. With the latest changes that Eric mentioned to crafting, it may be OK, still unsure if its worth bothering with but am at least willing to have a look now come 6.0.