Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Crafting and PTS

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Darev
10.11.2019 , 04:37 PM | #131
Quote: Originally Posted by allexj View Post
Dont you get tons of stuff from braking down gear? This system is allot like SWGs RE system it seems where you RE junk to get certain items and then RE high stat gear to make power Bits.
What tons of stuff exactly are you thinking you get from deconstructing a chest piece? Enough to make another chestpiece? No. I never did the math, but the 3-6 (RNG factor there) tech fragments you get for deconstructing gear, and the tiny amount of mats you get, doesn't come close to replacing what you use up crafting a single item.

This system is NOTHING like the powerbit system that SWG had.
If you choose to fight in the sewer you can no longer claim to have the moral high ground.

Hawkebatt
10.11.2019 , 05:03 PM | #132
As far as reverse engineering anything I always had problems learning everything even at the 60% chance which was a subscriber perk which I do not like losing.

I did find that if something critted than the chance to reverse engineer the item was much higher.
I reverse engineer at least two stacks of 4 or 6 items with the sixty percent chance and got the next level nearly every time.

With the new 20 percent I would use at least five stacks at once for the 20% and it worked half the time. ten stacks worked at least once, but I was out of mats by the time I got a purple stim. That is as far as I got and I tried 18 /268 items and did not learn a single upgrade.

MK 11 crafting is dead useless and will never work unless it is bought closer in line with the other ranks of crafting.
Emotion, yet Peace. Ignorance, yet Knowledge. Passion, yet Serenity.

Chaos, Yet Harmony. Death, yet the Force. Contemplation, yet Duty.

JediBoadicea
10.11.2019 , 06:32 PM | #133
Quote: Originally Posted by allexj View Post
Dont you get tons of stuff from braking down gear? This system is allot like SWGs RE system it seems where you RE junk to get certain items and then RE high stat gear to make power Bits.
No, that's not the case. I'm going to quote myself from earlier in this thread:

Quote: Originally Posted by JediBoadicea View Post
And since Jawa Junk as a "supplementary" system has been discussed, I should add the following test I conducted that is very relevant here. I had saved up all the unused gear drops I got from multiple runs of Hammer Station, and deconstructed them all tonight to see what that netted me in terms of scrap with an eye to crafting.

Results of Deconstructing 150 pieces of gear:
  • 150 pieces of gear broke down to:
    • 1,275 green jawa scrap = 6 green mats
    • 829 blue jawa scrap = 4 blue mats
    • 259 purple jawa scrap = 1 purple mat

Deconstructing 150 pieces of gear ranging from rating 270-280 is not sufficient to create ONE SINGLE GREEN CELL GRAFT.

Estelindis
10.11.2019 , 07:35 PM | #134
As a total nerd who likes spreadsheets, I appreciate this. I had to build spreadsheets as well (though mine were much messier), and I'm positive that people like Citrienne who did crazy math earlier in the threads did too. Our compiled spreadsheets are probably a scary thing and frankly they surely amount to a lot of work they're lucky they don't have to pay us to do.

As a concerned and frustrated player who doesn't understand why the devs didn't run these numbers themselves, I really really hope that they are looking at your spreadsheet, because the numbers are super important.
Sorry for the delay in answering this. Thanks, and hooray for spreadsheets! I do hope that this feedback helps them to make further changes before 6.0 goes lives. I'm sure a lot of work has gone into this expansion, so we all want it to be a success.

To tell the truth, when it comes to the Jawa scrap prices I'm starting to feel that they might as well just remove Grade 11 materials from the vendors altogether. The truth is that prior to this point the most recent grade wasn't on vendors anyway. If they think they are doing us a favor by putting them on now, they are mistaken if it's at these prices, because what it comes down to is that they're running up against human psychology.
Maybe I'm losing my mind, but I thought grade 10 materials were on the jawa vendors for a higher price than lower grades? I'd better actually check... *checks* Yes, it's 12 green scrap, 6 blue scrap, or 3 purple scrap for grade ten materials of these qualities. In any case, as I said in a post responding to Eric's announced changes, I have actually never bought grade 10 materials for scrap. They're just not good value. (Maybe the purple isn't too bad, but definitely not the rest.) And I can't imagine many people will buy grade 11 materials at 200 scrap, or even at 100 or 50. It's just terrible value. Rich players are generally not noted for simply throwing their credits away. They didn't become rich in the first place by taking that path.

This is complete and utter insanity.
Agreed! Thank heavens they've removed the conquest material requirement from a lot of things. I hope our feedback helped with that. What I also hope is that they've additionally removed the requirement for the blue materials from ops / MM FP / ranked PvP. I did one ranked PvP weekly to get a monumental crystal for an Ossus decoration and it was a nightmare. Never again. And I'm not all that interested in grouping for operations or MM FPs either. I'm predominantly a solo player. If this expansion really is "play your way," then hopefully solo players will be just as able to craft as people who like to group.

Do you honestly think that crafting will ever, ever, ever prove a "threat" to the gearing system? I had 150 pieces of unwanted gear to deconstruct after two evenings of PVE play (which didn't net me enough Jawa scrap to make even a single basic component under this current system).

Two evenings, for 150 items... versus eight months to eight years without a guarantee of achieving the one single item you are trying for.
Of all the statistics that have come from our various inquiries, this is one that I really hope they notice and take to heart. The idea that gear drops super-frequently from normal play, but should be super-hard to craft, is just punishing to crafters. And we don't play to feel punished. We play to have fun.

Yes, RIP crafting for purposes of Space Barbie. Yet another needless casualty of this bizarrely punishing system. Which is a special shame because the team did an amazing job designing new outfit looks for this expansion, and I am beginning to realize that I might in fact never be able to collect them all for reasons like this one.
Yeah, I actually feel super-bad for the gear person (or people) making the pretty new outfits. I really like their idea of incrementing several variant looks as rating rises from 268 to 306. This is genuinely genius. I too hope that by the time 6.0 hits we'll be in a position to actually see this work in our played experience.
|| My referral link || Trask Ulgo 🡢 The Progenitor 🡢 Darth Malgus ||
Let's Fix 6.0 Crafting
More love for class companions, please.
~~~Felix Iresso return discussion & fanfic~~~

Lhancelot
10.12.2019 , 11:48 AM | #135
Quote: Originally Posted by Hawkebatt View Post
As far as reverse engineering anything I always had problems learning everything even at the 60% chance which was a subscriber perk which I do not like losing.

I did find that if something critted than the chance to reverse engineer the item was much higher.
I reverse engineer at least two stacks of 4 or 6 items with the sixty percent chance and got the next level nearly every time.

With the new 20 percent I would use at least five stacks at once for the 20% and it worked half the time. ten stacks worked at least once, but I was out of mats by the time I got a purple stim. That is as far as I got and I tried 18 /268 items and did not learn a single upgrade.

MK 11 crafting is dead useless and will never work unless it is bought closer in line with the other ranks of crafting.
What were you REing if you don't mind me asking? Stims? Green random gear pieces?
TRUE
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthSpuds View Post
RNG is counterproductive because it massively increases player dissatisfaction.
FALSE
Quote: Originally Posted by olagatonjedi View Post
As I detailed in another thread, RNG give the players more control over their gearing.

Osoygatitalove
10.12.2019 , 09:16 PM | #136
i just wanna know

After 8 years

where are my new crew skills, cooking and fishing?

OlBuzzard
10.12.2019 , 09:41 PM | #137
Quote: Originally Posted by Osoygatitalove View Post
i just wanna know

After 8 years

where are my new crew skills, cooking and fishing?
Fishing ?? Say what ??

(easy does it don't want to derail this thread !! )
(████████████████████████████]:|█[ioi]█[|||████]|█|

Hawkebatt
10.12.2019 , 10:41 PM | #138
Or how about First aid? Oh wait they gave that to tailors in WoW.

I would just like to swim and climb in Star Wars. Fly my ship or myself freely around even if it was in an instance area a little bit bigger than a space station.
Emotion, yet Peace. Ignorance, yet Knowledge. Passion, yet Serenity.

Chaos, Yet Harmony. Death, yet the Force. Contemplation, yet Duty.

IslanderRebel
10.14.2019 , 06:08 AM | #139
All I can say is like I told some of my guildies who did not want to go on PTS and just asked me how Onslaught was, it might be a serious natural disaster.
I personally would tell the genuis(es) who thought up the idea of 200 pieces of Jawa junk for 1 piece of crafting mat, to go hump a water buffalo.
At the moment, 12 pieces for some stuff LIVE now, is painful enough for a lot of players.
Whoever said you get a ton of JJ from RE ing (deconstruction my lost lower right leg I had amputated in Dec 2017) junk must be a pretty good hacker.
I do know one thing, I will DESTROY ONSLAUGHT'S BS crafting changes if it becomes reality.
And let's see if MK-11s and augs don't run for at least a couple million for a Mk-11 kit and the augs about 5 million minimum.
JUST DO IT and take the damn Choppa!!!
ONSLAUGHT = HELL will FREEZE over!