Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

What I see from the PTS

Hawkebatt
09.16.2019 , 10:52 PM | #11
Level 75 with 258 I rating 92-120 damage and 35.5 bonus damage. level eight gear I rating 32 82-120 bd 35.5 1373health
sitting in stronghold base 75 damage is 342-365 bonus damage 295.4 in the level eight gear.

Level ten with level eight gear 143-162 damage 106 Bonus damage 2797 health
with her purple gear with left side 210-240 damage 151 bonus damage 4345 health
naked 73-77 damage 72.1 bonus damage 1810 health

I do have all datacron bonus stats.

Anyone who goes from level 10 to 11 will be then throttled to 169 mastery and 131 health. Just tested this.
Emotion, yet Peace. Ignorance, yet Knowledge. Passion, yet Serenity.

Chaos, Yet Harmony. Death, yet the Force. Contemplation, yet Duty.

Hawkebatt
09.16.2019 , 11:01 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Darev View Post
I don't expect that to change. Even on live right now, green gear and blue gear from heroics are at a lower level. There's no reason to expect endgame gear from that type of content.
I did expect that to change as the gear drops are supposed to be close (relevant) to my gear level if not matching. I expect this for all gear drops it should not matter where I am or what I am doing or who I am fighting. They might as well keep the current trash drops or restore the original trash drops for each planet if the change is not on everything.

I would like to see the original gear to drop from the flashpoints, operations since we are going back to their starting levels.
I would like to see the original heroic 4s to be put back in the game as well. There was no need to take them out.

but I know that will not happen.

olagatonjedi
09.17.2019 , 12:21 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Hawkebatt View Post
I did expect that to change as the gear drops are supposed to be close (relevant) to my gear level if not matching. I expect this for all gear drops it should not matter where I am or what I am doing or who I am fighting. They might as well keep the current trash drops or restore the original trash drops for each planet if the change is not on everything.

I would like to see the original gear to drop from the flashpoints, operations since we are going back to their starting levels.
I would like to see the original heroic 4s to be put back in the game as well. There was no need to take them out.

but I know that will not happen.
I expect higher level gear to drop from those lower level quests, but at a much lower frequency. I expect the frequency/chance of gear above your current ilvl to increase based on difficulty of content. Maybe 1% from level 10 syncd quests up to 100% from NIM content. Maybe MM flashpoints at around 50%, and vet at 15% chance.

cibacrome
09.17.2019 , 02:01 PM | #14
This is an excellent thread - thanks to OP and others's for pointing out so clearly what's happening on PTS.

Gearing is evolving, and I think it's moving in the right direction, but the fundamentals being forced on the entire SWTOR universe except for lvl 75 planet(s) is broken and misguided.

Simply put, I do not believe level sync, the way it is implemented by BW in this PTS, is going to work for most players in the game, even if the tuning finally gets the stats more in line with what we're used to on live. Unless level scaling is altered to take into account all gear obtained in lvl 75 content, I personally have little interest in continuing in SWTOR.

For ALL OTHER content except Lvl 75, 306 BiS gear is sub-optimal. There can be no good reason for this.

I get that the majority of players probably don't set foot in HM & NiM ops, but there are a lot of dedicated players that do (and all of them are subs...). I can't speak for them, but I don't see myself sticking around with level scaling as currently implemented in SWTOR (live & PTS) suddenly being imposed on Ops (and FPs) in 6.0.

I'm also disturbed by the current state of Mods. There's another thread with a spreadsheet illustrating the sheer number of mod variants, and it makes NO sense. The stats pools are off, there is already WAY too much RNG gearing in this game, now it's just been made 100s of times worse by having to land that ONE out of 19 variants of mod on every slot in every single piece of gear. This needs to not exist.

Rion_Starkiller
09.17.2019 , 02:33 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by scardera View Post
This never once since i play swtor ive heard somone said ''would be nice it these ops scaled down to our level'' why even put time and effort into that kind of feature, When there so many other things player are asking since day 1 like a cosmetic weapon slot
From what I can tell, each operation is most optimally tuned to whatever level it was released at. For example, EV was created when players were level 50. So when an XP is released and adds +5 levels, the devs have been artificially scaling each mob/add/boss up to the current server level.

It's my understanding that the devs want to switch that around, and instead revert the operations back to their OG level, while bolstering players down to level 50, 55, etc.

This makes sense to me. It's a lot easier to tweak bolster and cap players, than to edit each encounter in every single operation. Additionally, some bosses are kind of broken because they are not at their original level.
-Beruhl, NiM Space Barbie and Solo Ranked Forum PvP (ง︡'-'︠)ง
(\/)(,,,,)(\/) ̵̱ ̵̱ ̵̱ ̵̱ ̵̱(̢ ̡͇̅└͇̅┘͇̅ (▤8כ−◦
i do what i want major league memes can i borrow a stim?

Darev
09.17.2019 , 04:18 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Rion_Starkiller View Post
From what I can tell, each operation is most optimally tuned to whatever level it was released at. For example, EV was created when players were level 50. So the devs have been artificially scaling each mob/add/boss up to the current server level.

It's my understanding that the devs want to switch that around, and instead revert the operations back to their OG level, while bolstering players down to level 50, 55, etc.

This makes sense to me. It's a lot easier to tweak bolster and cap players, than to edit each encounter in every single operation. Additionally, some bosses are kind of broken because of they are not at their original level.
People are saying doing it this way messes up player stats for Vet Modes and Master Modes.

I wouldn't know, I rarely do Vet Mode ops and have never done a Master Mode OP
If you choose to fight in the sewer you can no longer claim to have the moral high ground.

olagatonjedi
09.17.2019 , 04:45 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Darev View Post
People are saying doing it this way messes up player stats for Vet Modes and Master Modes.

I wouldn't know, I rarely do Vet Mode ops and have never done a Master Mode OP
It doesnt really mess up stats. It just gives the option of min/maxing differently in syncd content.

Hawkebatt
09.17.2019 , 04:56 PM | #18
Okay so a few things I noticed today just messing around since PTS came back online.
My detailed tool tips are back when looking at my gear on my toon or in my legacy. Good we have it back where it was.
Better would be it showed the Amplifiers and set bonus as well.
Amplifiers are showing up under details with a color scale like gear saying how good the amplifier is. This is nice to know I am on top with a gold color or green if it is way too low. Problem is that left side shows a far lower color than right side gear. Had a 1% at yellow on left side but a 0.65% at purple on right side.

306 gear testing DPS on my lightning Sorc I play lightning the base gear gave me 8k DPS 1.4GCD and power crit relics
306 modded gear aug 228 1.4GCD running mastery and crit relic did only 8.9k DPS so I am not impressed with the difference in DPS. 5388 to 6161 base damage to 5875 to 6661 base damage bonus goes from 3843 to 4302 so that 900 DPS could just be from the increase in mastery.
With me not knowing the spec and having a bit of lag the DPS I was getting was not impressive but it is similar to what most are doing at 70 so no real change in dps as far as I am concerned.

Hawkebatt
09.17.2019 , 05:13 PM | #19
As far as the level sync is going in no way should a level 11 be WEAKER that they were at level 10.
This makes what they have done with level sync terrible. It was done without any thought of how it should go.
They made this change with no thoughts in the difference between a level 11 ton with quest greens and a level 70 with 258.
The solution is not hard make the level sync balance with the green gear you can get at those levels. rank 32 on a level ten toon. What ever that toon has for stats everyone else get when you are over the sync. Hammer station should be a level 16 in rating 46 gear and so on every 4 level or what ever is slightly under the planet or flashpoint level cap.

For ops it should be whatever the best gear was at the time IE the nim gear stat with augments of the time. So if I have my full 258 set and I go into Gods of the Machine I should still have the same stats. If I went into Gods with my 306 gear then my stats should scale down to what I would have had in 258 and not what I might have had in 230 gear.

Ossus with 258 gear and I only have 106 k health??? compared to 132k on live? you cant survive story Gods with that health

The I19 buff that I have should always give me comparative gear no matter where the gear dropped from whether a starter planet or Onderon. I can see it being green gear but its Ilevel should be very close to 306. Only gear gear I saw that was 300 was a modifiable green

Hawkebatt
09.18.2019 , 01:26 PM | #20
So for the 18th I put on my 268 gear and did a few Hammer stations. Selected my gear drop tab as Deception.

I got only two pieces per boss instead of the four that I started out with per boss.

When I switched to Darkness I got two tank pieces.

When an enhancement dropped in Deception gear selection it was still a tanking enhancement.

Takes 276 gear to show that a 268 with an augment is better.

Still showing a side grade as better when it is only switching from critical to accuracy.

The one modifiable piece showed 272 rating with a 270 armoring, 276 mod and a 272 enhancement Meh, but an improvement over the 268 I was wearing.