Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Sith Sorcerer Feedback

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Delani
07.23.2019 , 09:45 PM | #21
Make volt rush similar to shoulder cannon on Powertechs/Vanguard, then it is a usefull and good ability

Delani
07.23.2019 , 09:46 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Going View Post
This is the only way i see it being remotely relevant.
yea as long as itís off, it is useful

Delani
07.23.2019 , 10:02 PM | #23
Tactical item

force speed makes you immune to cc, stuns, and roots.

(For madness spec only) I felt very squishy while I was playing on the pts, and I was stun locked almost the entire time.

Delani
07.23.2019 , 10:19 PM | #24
lowers the cooldown of force speed by 5 seconds- 6 piece set bonus

ZionHalcyon
07.23.2019 , 10:41 PM | #25
So, just trying out some things and it looks like Elemental Convention is ok for Multi-target DPS - it is obvious when using it, the setup is Force Storm->Chain Lightning->Volt Rush.

Don't know how useful it is because I am trying out abilities on Korriban to get used to them, but function seems ok (although based on comments from others, DPS needs to be tweaked). It's clear though this is meant to be a trash-clearing tactical.

Going to try The Rushdown next, and then Stormwatch because people seem to be enjoying that one the most.

Edit: Need to look at these more closely. I see now it has specs listed and I am not a madness sorc - trying stormwatch next.

ottffsse
07.23.2019 , 11:27 PM | #26
for madness on paper in theory probably the tactical that boosts demolish 25% and 2nd force leech and the set bonus to lower cooldown on polarity shift -that is the one that is useful, maybe you can mix it with a generic mastery or some other offensive boost set bonus as the other set boni are worthless? anyways until you can see that polarity shift is off cooldown can't really test it precisely.
then off course use recklessness on deathfield/double leech in the windows you can and integrate force speed into rotation lol. maybe something like that.

bummer that on tests so far everyone says the new Volt ability is useless and dps loss.
ref http://www.swtor.com/r/gFbhFZ Melisen / Sage Zrella / Sorc

Delani
07.23.2019 , 11:27 PM | #27
Ok so, Lightning is much better than madness is all aspect: DMG reduction, DMG output, control of your enemies and keeping distance from enemies. Please work on making madness a viable option compared to their counterparts

ZionHalcyon
07.23.2019 , 11:35 PM | #28
So, as a Lightning Sorc on Live, I have some input:

Gathering Storm Set Bonus: Really didn't affect my play style. Force speed into Polarity shift is a pain, and just felt clunky. Just found myself ignoring the set bonus altogether to fuss with the tacticals, and really didn't seem to make much of an impact to me. Not a good start if the intent is to "play my way"- not feeling much use for this.

Elemental Convention: THIS I got. So this was impactful for me. Granted Volt Rush could stand to do more damage. But at least with this I could feel a rotation I could use. Force Storm->Chain Lightning->Volt Rush x3. With some damage tweaking to Volt Rush, I can see this as a viable path, especially for those who want to clear trash.

Stormwatch: Ok, but not really feeling it. May spend more time with it, but at this point I am thinking of respecing to madness to see what it has to offer.

Really Elemental Convention is the only one I really liked because it actually allowed me to change my play style and had an obvious focus once I tried it out.

EmperorRus
07.24.2019 , 12:32 AM | #29
Volt Rush is clunky garbage. 3 freaking GCDs for nothing.

Quote:
Ok so, Lightning is much better than madness is all aspect: DMG reduction, DMG output, control of your enemies and keeping distance from enemies. Please work on making madness a viable option compared to their counterparts
That's for sure. But BioWare have no idea of the META in their own game, so lower your expectations.

Quote:
DPS set bonuses
I feel like our feedback is being ignored. Set bonuses for Sorcerer and especially for Madness are very underwhelming, clunky and too situational.

Quote:
Writhing Terror Tactical
This or Wrath Rushdown should be a discipline passive, not a tactical.

Delani
07.24.2019 , 01:28 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by ottffsse View Post
tactical ideas

tactical - force lightning can we used while moving, but channels 30% slower
tactical - force barrier pushed all nearby enemies 30m back when activated
tactical - force barrier is now an instant activation instead of a channel and give you 90% damage reduction for 10 seconds.
I LOVE your third suggestion to force barrier.