Faction Imbalance!

Xeraz

It was best stated in another thread, wait until christmas hits and the republic numbers will jump ahead. This is early release... you can be certain this game will see far more box sales past its pre order/early release phase. Also, Mythic is taking a active hand in the development of this game and implementation of their ideas with BW leading the charge.

If none of you played WAR you may not be able to relate or understand, WAR was killed moments after it was released/servers opened:

Sure, some may argue their move away from world PvP/RvR lakes, and focus on scenarios killed the game. However, this is incorrect, the fact that they released 50 some odd servers, and could only actually fill about 30-40% of them completely was where the problems arose. Servers outright died and turned into ghost towns a week after release... PvP imballances were rampant and the game pretty much turned into a ****pile at that point. Like I said, with mythic around in the background I would be very shocked to see BW foul up and not put some type of server ballancing into effect before it became far too late.

Have faith, the game hasn't even officially been released yet to the masses...

If you think you are a real pvper and rolled Empire you are deluding yourself. Knowing that you had at least a 2 to 1 advantage and you still went Sith? What you are is a roleplayer and wanted the storyline and the red light saber.

Faction imbalance will only be an issue on whichever server DeathKorps chooses to grace with his presence. The republic on DeathKorps' server will most likely unsub immediately due to immense frustration.

who?

lets hope this guild is on warrior of shadow as ktd is gonna curbstomp imps

Edited by vrgadin

In WoW... alliance almost always grosly outnumber horde on servers... yet hordes mostly pwn alliance easily. Not that I think that will be the case here, but that aside.

For most pvp it will just mean that you'll have longer queue's as empire. So not neccesarilly an imbalance.

Actually, Horde outnumber Alliance about 2-3 to 1 on most PVP servers. Some have numbers 30+:1 for horde:alliance.

Your statement would be correct if you were talking about PVE servers.

who?

lets hope this guild is on warrior of shadow as ktd is gonna curbstomp imps

DeathKorps is amused that you think you or your guild could ever beat him. DeathKorps would however be willing to sign you an autograph.

Edited by DeathKorps

In WoW... alliance almost always grosly outnumber horde on servers... yet hordes mostly pwn alliance easily. Not that I think that will be the case here, but that aside.

For most pvp it will just mean that you'll have longer queue's as empire. So not neccesarilly an imbalance.

PVE = Mostly True

PVP = False

reading this i'm starting to wonder. my 1st plan was to role sith inq. if there gonna be so big of a gap i reroll republic. reason being if it gonna be 2:1 ratiot in pvp against the siths. then pvp wont be a problem to find.

guess i have to worry about if i kill 1 sith. they gonna cry to there guild and here come's the zergs. also with more of one faction you wont get decent pvp. they dominant faction gonna zerg almost everytime for lack of people from republics.

hope the company can fix this problem. anybody who played Aion that was a prime example of faction imbalance and what effects it had on the whole game in general.

There have been quite a few threads over the night from empire players asking if the warzone system is broken because all they get is huttball. All I can say is that if you want to play Empire for the roleplay factor (*COUGH*) from 1-50, you better like huttball and zerging in open world once you get to 50 and start pvping more. Especially if you are in a PVP guild that is here to PVP. Edited by Kutsus

Same issue as every other mmo's i've played this last years

Huge imbalances on WAR for exemple .

People just know it's gone be imbalanced but keep on joining the "bad4ss" side.

Sure you want to be with your friends, you may like one story line more, you may even thought this would be different on this mmo. I understand and I dot not judge.

But if you are concerned by pvp/opvp, it might be wise to take a minute or two to change this choice now rather than waiting for the unavoidable inbalance and hoping for other players or worst developpers to fix the issue.

We will probably end up in open pvp with fewer republics who will get rolled on by the empire zerg, and this situation won't benefit to anybody.

Wait a few days, maybe a few week to see flourish countless topics about the same issue:

- Republic qq'ing about the empire zerg

- Empire qq'ing about the lack of "challenge"

It has always been the case on a mmo with 2 factions with no server limitation and i do not expect swtor to be any different.

Anyway we'll fight untill the dead for the Republic !

I've played a few characters from the republic for a bit and a few characters from the empire a bit...for some reason the empire story, graphics, gameplay (setup of areas, both PvE and city/town areas) all seem noticeably better to me...still keeping my main republic though, no question, and it has nothing to do with server pop.

The real surprise here is the fact that people seem surprised it has turned out this way.

Two faction OW PvP with a perceived light and dark side and no balancing mechanics ....

We reap what we sow .....

yeah, they need to allow those 4 ckasses that are not Jedi/Sith to be a 3rd faction

• 4 years later...
I couldn't help but go back to the begining and remember what the woes of pvpers were like 5 years ago. Notice a few posts about pub pvp. Hahaha here's a look at your fossilized ancestors...pubs will never have enough players. :)

Irony here being that in the DvL event pub is steamrolling over the imps pretty regularly, my win ratio over the past 3 weeks is getting close to 20 win for every 1 loss, and I single que.