STS World PVP - Hoth - Accounts threatened by GM

kiroshei

So we are camping Aurek base to start some World PVP. 20 level 50 repubs show up to fight and leave. Next thing ya know a GM comes on by the name of U4-T2 and threatens all our accounts unless we leave the area. This is The Fatman. A pvp server. Such things are allowed on a pvp server yet we arent even allowed to talk to the GM threatening us with it. He was using the skin of a CS-Droid just following us everywhere. Here is a screenshot of what he was saying. We also opened a customer service ticket and were told hes not allowed to do these things. So bioware likes to STOP world pvp on a pvp server? lol What a joke.

http://imageshack.us/f/26/gmstopsworldpvp.jpg/

Edited by kiroshei

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

That is just embarrassing for BW. LOL I suspect that the GM in the screenshot was either A: a personal friend of someone who got ganked or B: played a character who got ganked. I also suspect that this GM is not going to be back at work.

I was more annoyed that the GM said it wasn't up for discussion when I brought up the initial warning that all PVP servers give before you make a character. I wouldn't have cared if the GM at least made an attempt to explain.

I was more annoyed that the GM said it wasn't up for discussion when I brought up the initial warning that all PVP servers give before you make a character. I wouldn't have cared if the GM at least made an attempt to explain.

typical bioware policy.

Honestly...this is the type of trash that could keep me from re-upping my sub. I've been able to handle everything else, but this is too much. What a joke. You should've been given some creds and free gear for MAKING pvp happen in this (world pvp) joke of a game - since the devs won't do it.

Also, well done with the TPB reference. :D

You should've been given some creds and free gear for MAKING pvp happen in this (world pvp) joke of a game - since the devs won't do it.

Seriously. They start a cool fight in a base and the GMs come and threaten them with bans?

I personally would like an official response from BioWare for this. This is yet another epic FAIL on Bioware's part if they do not respond to give us what their official position is on this matter since one of their underlings speaking on their behalf, decided to say this.

Shame on you Bioware. Players should not have to experience threats to their accounts for PvPing on a PVP server.

Please let's hear your official stance Bioware.

Sometime after launch a group of Republic players trying to kill a World Boss got attacked by Empire players several times on a PvP server, the Empire players all received warning on the account.

This game is a PvE game and what is meant by PvP is the random 1 to 3 player encounters.

If that is a real GM i'n pretty sure he is without a job after this. I would lose it if a GM told me ingame

to stop playing/pvp what ever.If you get this posted on massively etc all the people reading it will refuse

to belive it's true because it's so stupid and braindead.

This is why i guess we hae those zones killing people ingame, and no open world pvp.

Because they like to hand held people and dont have a clue what they are doing.

Anyways is this really is a GM that is one patetic GM who should be removed !!

So we are camping Aurek base to start some World PVP. 20 level 50 repubs show up to fight and leave. Next thing ya know a GM comes on by the name of U4-T2 and threatens all our accounts unless we leave the area. This is The Fatman. A pvp server. Such things are allowed on a pvp server yet we arent even allowed to talk to the GM threatening us with it. He was using the skin of a CS-Droid just following us everywhere. Here is a screenshot of what he was saying. We also opened a customer service ticket and were told hes not allowed to do these things. So bioware likes to STOP world pvp on a pvp server? lol What a joke.

http://imageshack.us/f/26/gmstopsworldpvp.jpg/

If true and no one was exploiting then this GM needs a kick in the :csw_deathstar:. PVP on a PVP server? OMG - run for the hills! If you don't like PVP then don't roll on a PVP server. You'd think that if you're smart enough to install the game you'd be able to figure this out.

I may be wrong, but I'm fairly certain that it was U4-T2 earlier this week on Lord Adraas (RP server). There was a large (by this game's standards) gathering of people at the steps of the Jedi temple on Tython. Also a GM in a droid skin, was attempting to RP with some of the people there.

Sounds like the night janitor at BioWare is logging in for some play time.

I am actually shocked that this thread has not been closed yet, bioware normally try and squash these type of posts. Honestly when you think they cannot sink their game any faster, they go and do something like this. Bioware it seems will do anything to discourage world PvP, if anyone actually believed their latest statements about PvP now being extremely important, this shows that it is not true. I am glad I cancelled my sub and I cannot wait for GW2 where they won't threaten to ban you for playing the game. Utterly ridiculous. Edited by Archaar