I feel a disturbance in the Force, as if millions of lvl 50 alts cried out in terror

BenduKundalini

I feel a disturbance in the Force, as if millions of characters hitting level 50 cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced.

Patch notes 6.14

Missions

“Missions: Heroic” is now available for the 10-49 Level Bracket(s) (change from 10-49,50-70,71+)

“Missions: Heroic” is now an Infinite Repeat Objective (change from Daily Repeat)

No more heroic CQ points at levels 50+ :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Infinite heroic CQ points below 50 (I get 10 k points from those) :eek::eek:

So with a 150% CQ stronghold bonus you just do 4 heroics on 2 different planets on a lowbie char, there's your 50 k (10k +10k + 5 k, twice)

Until your char hits 50 and becomes useless to farm those easy points

Ummm... umkayyyy

:csw_jabbapet:

BEGUN THE LOWBIE DISINTEGRATION WARS HAVE

:d_angelic:

Edited by BenduKundalini

This patch is just another way to slow ya down. Make ya grind more to get renown points.

Another reason to go to a dif game i think.

renown is just a participation reward, and not even a very good one at that. at least the old Command system gave us consistently relevant rewards. renown just piles trash on top of trash 99% of the time, and recycling the trash just gives us smaller piles of junk.

yup now the trash just a lil slower. they screwed me after grinding to command 300. Now they make the obvious screw a lil slower. This patch is just another way to herd us into playing the way they want . Its not a big nerf but an avalanche starts with just a pebble.

renown is just a participation reward, and not even a very good one at that. at least the old Command system gave us consistently relevant rewards. renown just piles trash on top of trash 99% of the time, and recycling the trash just gives us smaller piles of junk.

No they didn't. They rarely gave me relevant rewards. It's because you could by base gear with tokens that you got with your other alts on new toons and buy them a complete set of 230 gear right when they dinged 70. And then GC gave you the same gear from 1-90. So you had to go through 90 ranks of it before you got better gear....but if you did any ops in SM then you would be getting 236 gear from the get go so by the time you got to rank 90 you already had 236 gear etc.

So it really depended on the way you played the game and your knowledge of the game. I bet a lot of people had the tokens and didn't even know that there was a gear seller that gave you all the 230 gear for a bunch of those.

In fact, I usually leveled up from 50-70 by doing SM ops. I couldn't use the gear that dropped but by the time I was 70 I usually had 8-10 pieces of 236 gear already.

It's a damn shame, most of my chars are 75.... And the people I help are usually lower..... wonder how that's going to effect them now

If you're doing heroics, you'll lose about 12-13k ish on your first character of the day, and the rest will be the same as they were before this patch (not considering Renown rank ups in this equation, but those are buffed so keep that in mind). Those in the 10-49 bracket will get an extra 4k per heroic for the infinite.

People in lower brackets will definitely hit Conquest faster via heroics. I don't think people in the 71+ bracket are going to be hurting too badly from these nerfs either, though. It *is* a nerf, but it's not so significant that it would make heroics non viable for Conquest at 71+, just not *as* good as they were.

If you're doing heroics, you'll lose about 12-13k ish on your first character of the day, and the rest will be the same as they were before this patch (not considering Renown rank ups in this equation, but those are buffed so keep that in mind). Those in the 10-49 bracket will get an extra 4k per heroic for the infinite.

People in lower brackets will definitely hit Conquest faster via heroics. I don't think people in the 71+ bracket are going to be hurting too badly from these nerfs either, though. It *is* a nerf, but it's not so significant that it would make heroics non viable for Conquest at 71+, just not *as* good as they were.

I did at test run on CZ with a 75 @ 1130, and its about the same as before

Edited by Kaveat

His point is more about playing with other people not at your lvl. Otherwise, what’s the point of lvl syncing stats and content.

I think this limitation is a bad idea. But that’s just me and my friends who like to play what ever character we want together at what ever lvl and not be shoe horned into playing only one way.

I believe this will be an unwelcome change for some people who may decide it’s easier to go play another game that doesn’t try and limit their fun.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

This thread is COMPLETELY ignoring the fact that each planet now offers a bonus for a Heroic on each planet.

Yes, it's awesome for the lower levels. But to suggest this a huge nerf to Level 75s is...

Patently false. In fact, if you play it right, it's a buff, particularly given the Renown.

Dasty

Edited by Jdast

This thread is COMPLETELY ignoring the fact that each planet now offers a bonus for a Heroic on each planet.

Yes, it's awesome for the lower levels. But to suggest this a huge nerf to Level 75s is...

Patently false. In fact, if you play it right, it's a buff, particularly given the Renown buff.

Dasty

I don't think it's a nerf, in fact I made cq twice over on two different chars, without even trying. It's just that I used to run with lower level chars, and this split in some of the CQ 'seems' to put that off. Now, when I do run some stuff, I might find out, it's pretty much the same, even though we are pinging CQ on different objectives, it may be that running together is still as much CQ points & fun, etc.

EDIT : I just ran hutta on a level 75, with a guildie who was below 50, we both dinged CQ, so I don't think much has changed, we did have a couple of different objectives, but I seem to get the same or close enough CQ points as before, and so did they. Maybe this mountain is really just a mole hill :/

Edited by DarkTergon

Patently false. In fact, if you play it right, it's a buff, particularly given the Renown.

Dasty

I wrote it during the patching yesterday so not-field tested, sorry... I also missed the fact that lowbie heroics give twice as less points now

So what's that bonus ?

EDIT : I just ran hutta on a level 75, with a guildie who was below 50, we did have a couple of different objectives

Content Dev: We are instituting level sync on all older content

*general nods of approval*

weeks later

Conquest Dev: we are segregating rewards, and some content, based on actual character levels

*blank looks of incomprehension*

Another Dev: and we are maintaining level sync why again?

35K for choosing a talent point plus getting a comp up a level, 50K done in less than a minute on my lowbie. 40 odd K for advancing a rep so one daily plus kill 25 mobs is 50K done on a max level in less than 5 minutes.

What's wrong with that, it helps out people with small guilds get more points to them, or people with less time, or people who only play targeted playstyles, little boosts to help them achieve CQ.

What's wrong with that, it helps out people with small guilds get more points to them, or people with less time, or people who only play targeted playstyles, little boosts to help them achieve CQ.

I'm pretty sure I didn't say anything about it being good or bad. My comment was aimed at previous ones where they stated the changes would slow you down.

edit - I will say, it was quick and easy before. It is now even quicker and easier. Capping conquest in less than a minute is just silly.

Edited by rumpol