FFS, STOP SPAMMING KUAT DRIVES on GF

Kogull_x

I choose to only select what I want to avoid dropping groups and leaving them short a player. If someone is being a toxic jerk, that's a different issue. But dropping at the beginning because you queued random and didn't get what you want, I'd argue, is far ruder than simply not checking what you do not want.

That's the thing: with HS popping I didn't get what I wanted (=random), I got what someone else wanted. It's not random. It's hand picked by some jerk who abuses the system to force people to play their way. My way to play is not going to HS every time I want to do a flashpoint, it's theirs.

About 90% people I've met on HS since 6.0 have been incredibly toxic and most of them don't even know how to play. Before 6.0 HS used to pop a bit more often than the other fps, but at least then people were civil. I have not met that amount of toxicity in any other flashpoints, not even the difficult ones. So yes, I will keep dropping HS because I don''t want to waste my time with people like that. I'll just relog and q again with an alt.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's the thing: with HS popping I didn't get what I wanted (=random), I got what someone else wanted. It's not random. It's hand picked by some jerk who abuses the system to force people to play their way. My way to play is not going to HS every time I want to do a flashpoint, it's theirs.

About 90% people I've met on HS since 6.0 have been incredibly toxic and most of them don't even know how to play. Before 6.0 HS used to pop a bit more often than the other fps, but at least then people were civil. I have not met that amount of toxicity in any other flashpoints, not even the difficult ones. So yes, I will keep dropping HS because I don''t want to waste my time with people like that. I'll just relog and q again with an alt.

I dont have a problem with leaving groups where someone is being a jerk. That's one thing. And in fact this is why I limit my queues to the easy fp. Because I am still trying to figure out how the average swtor player manages to enrage say anmhilator Droid in ev, but has a good enough job to build or buy a gaming pc and pay a sub.

Claiming that leaving at the start because you queued a random and did not get a fp you wanted is somehow superior to queuing for hammer station specifically is the hangup. And in fact, i say is worse because there is a very simple method for not getting hammer station - dont check hammer station.

The point of a reward for queuing full random is that it minimizes matchmaking times. I.e. if everyone queued random, yes, every fp would pop roughly equally and matchmaking times would be the shortest possible based on the number of people in the queue. But by queuing random when there is a system in place to not get certain FP you are agreeing to effectively a not coin toss scenario. It's basic probability.

For what happens when you cant select what map you want, see the pvp threads on the new penalty.

Edited by KendraP

I don't remember any bridge in KDY......

Would be nice, especially as it can happen in a few FP's.

Not a bridge you walk across but a command center on a starship. That is called a bridge. Not being able to go back to boss if you die is not good. Your stuck on the bridge where you start on the ship your on and not on the Kuat station.

Dropped loot should be mailed to you if you die. Not being able to return to the defeated boss is not good cause it makes you lose loot. Reviving from Med Bay causes you to go back to where you start the FP where it locks you there the shuttle doesn't let you return.

Cause first you need to shuttle to the Kuat then take elevators then walk corridors to get to boss room. The shuttle doesn't let you return so your stuck on the bridge of the ship and what loot from the boss is lost.

Edited by Yoshuren

Not a bridge you walk across but a command center on a starship. That is called a bridge. Not being able to go back to boss if you die is not good. Your stuck on the bridge where you start on the ship your on and not on the Kuat station.

Dropped loot should be mailed to you if you die. Not being able to return to the defeated boss is not good cause it makes you lose loot. Reviving from Med Bay causes you to go back to where you start the FP where it locks you there the shuttle doesn't let you return.

Cause first you need to shuttle to the Kuat then take elevators then walk corridors to get to boss room. The shuttle doesn't let you return so your stuck on the bridge of the ship and what loot from the boss is lost.

Well done, you skipped the reply JQ made, and my other reply...maybe you should read the thread before adding to it:rolleyes:

I dont have a problem with leaving groups where someone is being a jerk. That's one thing. And in fact this is why I limit my queues to the easy fp. Because I am still trying to figure out how the average swtor player manages to enrage say anmhilator Droid in ev, but has a good enough job to build or buy a gaming pc and pay a sub.

Claiming that leaving at the start because you queued a random and did not get a fp you wanted is somehow superior to queuing for hammer station specifically is the hangup. And in fact, i say is worse because there is a very simple method for not getting hammer station - dont check hammer station.

The point of a reward for queuing full random is that it minimizes matchmaking times. I.e. if everyone queued random, yes, every fp would pop roughly equally and matchmaking times would be the shortest possible based on the number of people in the queue. But by queuing random when there is a system in place to not get certain FP you are agreeing to effectively a not coin toss scenario. It's basic probability.

For what happens when you cant select what map you want, see the pvp threads on the new penalty.

If I uncheck HS I don't get GF rewards, which is the reason why I go for random FP. But you already know that, it's been said multiple times in multiple threads.

HS is the only FP I drop as soon as it pops, and that is based on my experience of the kind of people who spam it. If I get a difficult one, and someone drops out, I really couldn't care less. We can finish it with a companion and/or q for a replacement, no biggie. So yeah, someone forcing other people to run HS 24/7 is far worse than dropping out from content that is usually filled with abusive jerks.

If I uncheck HS I don't get GF rewards, which is the reason why I go for random FP. But you already know that, it's been said multiple times in multiple threads.

HS is the only FP I drop as soon as it pops, and that is based on my experience of the kind of people who spam it. If I get a difficult one, and someone drops out, I really couldn't care less. We can finish it with a companion and/or q for a replacement, no biggie. So yeah, someone forcing other people to run HS 24/7 is far worse than dropping out from content that is usually filled with abusive jerks.

My point is:

I dont want to deal with the average (bad) player in difficult content that turns into a massive headache and grants me very little reward over what I would have gotten with the easier ones, so rather than potentially leaving a group shortened by leaving them, I have the common courtesy to forgo the reward and only check the FPs I am willing to accomplish in full. Why should you be more special?

How is that somehow worse than queuing all random and leaving the group when it inevitably pops something I didn't want?

You're implying people like me, who deselect FPs, ruin your experience, which I counter rather simply with your refusal to uncheck the FPs you aren't willing to accomplish ruins other peoples experience as well. That knife cuts both ways.

In other words, you are being at least as bad, and i argue worse than the people who deselect FPs.

Edited by KendraP

Sure, but the point is that if you want that reward, you have to do what it takes to get it. So you are saying by clicking all options that you will accept all options.

Now, I have a problem with Kuat because it only has one boss that drops loot and other FPs that are much harder because the chance of completing it, is almost zero with a PUG, but in the end you want the reward and are not willing to do what it takes to get that reward. So you feel that you deserve this reward but you are not willing to accept certain stipulations to get it.

I get it, but in principle that's what it comes down to. What I do not understand, however, is that the daily reward for the GF is only once a day and then it looks like there's still a reward for choosing random but it's not the same. It's a LOT less of a reward. So why pick random all the time?

So perhaps the solution for some people is to once a day accept what comes your way and do a random one and then any subsequent FP you don't pick random but deselect the ones you do not wish to get. The very tiny reward that you get for choosing random after the daily reward is really insignificant. So people don't have to get HS or Kuat all the time. Just once a day really.

They still need to fix it this, but it could be an interim solution, at least for some players.

Another solution could be that to get the daily reward you will only be matched with players that chose random. It's something that's worth considering.

Edited by Tsillah

Sure, but the point is that if you want that reward, you have to do what it takes to get it. So you are saying by clicking all options that you will accept all options.

I am already kinda doing what I have to do to get the random reward: I tick all, and if it pops HS I drop out, relog and try again. Eventually it will something other than HS. Tech frags is legacy currency, so it really doesn't matter which toon gets it. I'm in for it for the frags, because BW "wisely" decided to make new gear sets cheevos, and the best way to get them is Kai Zykken. That means a lot of people are farming tech frags just to get those cheevos, which completely ruined the variety in group finder.

Now, I have a problem with Kuat because it only has one boss that drops loot and other FPs that are much harder because the chance of completing it, is almost zero with a PUG, but in the end you want the reward and are not willing to do what it takes to get that reward. So you feel that you deserve this reward but you are not willing to accept certain stipulations to get it.

The biggest problem I have with Kuat... because its one of the fps that pop for lowbies, it means there's usually 2-3 lowbies in the group. Some of the fights are fine with certain classes, but some can be really bad.

I get it, but in principle that's what it comes down to. What I do not understand, however, is that the daily reward for the GF is only once a day and then it looks like there's still a reward for choosing random but it's not the same. It's a LOT less of a reward.

So perhaps the solution for some people is to once a day accept what comes your way and do a random one and then any subsequent FP you don't pick random but deselect the ones you do not wish to get. The very tiny reward that you get for choosing random after the daily reward is really insignificant. So people don't have to get HS or Kuat all the time. Just once a day really.

They still need to fix it this, but it could be an interim solution, at least for some players.

Another solution could be that to get the daily reward you will only be matched with players that chose random. It's something that's worth considering.

That would definitely help, as we now have at least two unhappy groups of people:

- those who don't want to do some certain flashpoint(s) but everything else is fine

- those who are fine with anything but get upset when someone drops the group

My point is:

I dont want to deal with the average (bad) player in difficult content that turns into a massive headache and grants me very little reward over what I would have gotten with the easier ones, so rather than potentially leaving a group shortened by leaving them, I have the common courtesy to forgo the reward and only check the FPs I am willing to accomplish in full. Why should you be more special?

How is that somehow worse than queuing all random and leaving the group when it inevitably pops something I didn't want?

You're implying people like me, who deselect FPs, ruin your experience, which I counter rather simply with your refusal to uncheck the FPs you aren't willing to accomplish ruins other peoples experience as well. That knife cuts both ways.

In other words, you are being at least as bad, and i argue worse than the people who deselect FPs.

I rather have people dropping out from the beginning of the difficult ones, so that we can get someone who wants to be there instead. The only difficulty it can cause, if the remaining 3 people pull a boss with a companion healer, and then you get someone to join in the middle of the fight. They can't join the fight, but you'll lose the companion in the middle of it. Other than that, I don't see the problem why it causes you so much headache that someone drops out from a group they don't want to be in. You will get a replacement within a minute or less.

So yes, it's far worse forcing others to join a 24/7 HS farm than dropping out from the group you don't want to be in. Nothing you can say will make me change my mind, as I see someone dropping from a group as a benefit, not a loss.

So yes, it's far worse forcing others to join a 24/7 HS farm than dropping out from the group you don't want to be in. Nothing you can say will make me change my mind, as I see someone dropping from a group as a benefit, not a loss.

This is the hangup. No one is forcing you to do hammer station because you are provided the option to uncheck it. And im merely pointing out that you're a hypocrite for doing the very thing you accuse others of - being generally rude and attempting to force your desires onto them.

I'm not against dropping groups on the odd occasion you get a bad run - I am against doing it because you queued for something random and simply got what you didn't want. You want the reward? Then deal with the consequences.

They just did the courtesy of not queuing for something they refused to complete, which is more than you can say.

And you're right, my mind is made up - you're a hypocrite and likely as big a jerk as the people you are accusing of being jerks. Sure, I think hammer station farming being rhe optimum time spent is a practical joke. I've complained about that myself elsewhere. I just also think that if you queue random you get what you get.

Edited by KendraP

This is the hangup. No one is forcing you to do hammer station because you are provided the option to uncheck it. And im merely pointing out that you're a hypocrite for doing the very thing you accuse others of - being generally rude and attempting to force your desires onto them.

I'm not against dropping groups on the odd occasion you get a bad run - I am against doing it because you queued for something random and simply got what you didn't want. You want the reward? Then deal with the consequences.

They just did the courtesy of not queuing for something they refused to complete, which is more than you can say.

And you're right, my mind is made up - you're a hypocrite and likely as big a jerk as the people you are accusing of being jerks. Sure, I think hammer station farming being rhe optimum time spent is a practical joke. I've complained about that myself elsewhere. I just also think that if you queue random you get what you get.

Go on repeat yourself as much as you want, it changes nothing. Calling me names won't change anything either, because that's just basically you proving my point of people who want to control what other people get to play. The kind of people I've met in HS farm runs and wish to avoid. Calling me hypocrite and jerk just because I don't want to play the game the way YOU want me to play is kinda ridicilous though, but I guess you ran out of civil arguments.

I always q for all flashpoints to get the rewards. That's how I play my game. If I untick HS I won't get the rewards, and it would be a total waste of time for me. You know it, I know it, everyone who reads these forums know it.

You also don't seem to get that when I leave a HS pop, I face the "consequences" (=lockout) while the rest of the group get the reward (=companion). That's not good enough for you? Well... talk to the devs, maybe they will start banning people who leave a group they don't want to be part of, who knows. Would that make you happy?

Nothing you can say or do will make me play your way, or the way HS farmers play. If I don't like what pops, no-one can force me to stay. I pay and play this game for fun, HS farming does not count for fun.

I always q for all flashpoints to get the rewards. That's how I play my game. If I untick HS I won't get the rewards, and it would be a total waste of time for me. You know it, I know it, everyone who reads these forums know it.

If you untick HS you won't get the relative small bonus you get for selecting 'all' - that hardly makes it a "total waste of time" - you still get all the other rewards from the FP.

If you untick HS you won't get the relative small bonus you get for selecting 'all' - that hardly makes it a "total waste of time" - you still get all the other rewards from the FP.

Daily reward for random is 125x tech frags 2x flashpoint crates (with TF and some gear) 11x isotopes and some renown points. As long as I need the tech frags, random is the only way for me. I don't know what the second random would be, but someone said that's a lot less.

Daily reward for random is 125x tech frags 2x flashpoint crates (with TF and some gear) 11x isotopes and some renown points. As long as I need the tech frags, random is the only way for me. I don't know what the second random would be, but someone said that's a lot less.

And it is my opinion, and obviously the opinion of a few others here, that if this (rather measly, actually, compared to what you get simply running the FP) reward is that big a deal to you, then you should run what you get.

Those are the choices - deal with the fact the community has discovered that due to BWs inability to design an endgame, the endgame has become hammer station farming; therefore, even queuing random you will get significantly more hammer stations than others, or decide you don't want to deal with the players trying to get tech frags fast and uncheck hammer station, thus forgoing the (again, pathetic really) reward.

But hey, BWs inability to form a casual level 75 endgame means I finally got tired of the pathetic excuse of an endgame we have, and with BWs release of these new augments, probably won't be here more than the just under a month left on the sub.

So enjoy your endgame consisting of hammer station farming and trying to do harder FPs that give less reward (because they take longer) while simultaneously arguing youre doing it for the tech frags (that are best gotten by solo stealthing reaper repeatedly).

Edited by KendraP

And it is my opinion, and obviously the opinion of a few others here, that if this (rather measly, actually, compared to what you get simply running the FP) reward is that big a deal to you, then you should run what you get.

And my opinion and decision is to run whatever I want to and drop whatever I want to. Your opinion doesn't matter in my gaming experience. It's as simple as that.

And my opinion and decision is to run whatever I want to and drop whatever I want to. Your opinion doesn't matter in my gaming experience. It's as simple as that.

So then why does it matter that other people are spamming hammer station?

So then why does it matter that other people are spamming hammer station?

Because it has ruined group finder. It is no longer a group finder, it's HS finder.

And it doesn't bother me anymore, I will just leave the group and relog something else, my problem is solved. However you seem to have a problem with people choosing which flashpoints they want to play, so don't try to turn it on me. You're the one having a problem with people dropping groups they don't want to be part of.

Because it has ruined group finder. It is no longer a group finder, it's HS finder.

And it doesn't bother me anymore, I will just leave the group and relog something else, my problem is solved. However you seem to have a problem with people choosing which flashpoints they want to play, so don't try to turn it on me. You're the one having a problem with people dropping groups they don't want to be part of.

Then maybe BW should look into why relatively few people want to do anything else.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with using a provided filter mechanism to queue for a group. There is something wrong with queuing for something you never had an intention to complete. The game even proves this by giving you a lockout for abandoning the group.

And again, I have no issues with drops in cases where there was at least an attempt. Someone starts all caps rants in chat, by all means leave. Group proves grossly incompetent and a waste of time, fine. What I have an issue with is very specifically queuing for something you never had an intention to complete when the game provides you a means to avoid it, while claiming the people who did in fact forgo a reward to only get something they were willing to attempt are the problem.

Making downscaled old content drop max level gear was an idiotic decision on the part of BW as a reflection of the simple fact they have reached a point where they are simultaneously incapable of creating new content and rescaling the old, so now we get neither. We get a game where the most efficient way to gear is, in fact, to stealth red reaper, with or without a group. For non stealths, its hammer station. Ergo, your beef should be with BWs lack of casual endgame design. The people spamming hammer station are merely a consequence of BWs poor decisions.

And if you were really so desperate for tech frags, stealthing red reaper or spamming hammer are both more efficient than random gf queue and toon hopping to avoid the lockout.

Edited by KendraP

Then maybe BW should look into why relatively few people want to do anything else.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with using a provided filter mechanism to queue for a group. There is something wrong with queuing for something you never had an intention to complete. The game even proves this by giving you a lockout for abandoning the group.

And again, I have no issues with drops in cases where there was at least an attempt. Someone starts all caps rants in chat, by all means leave. Group proves grossly incompetent and a waste of time, fine. What I have an issue with is very specifically queuing for something you never had an intention to complete when the game provides you a means to avoid it, while claiming the people who did in fact forgo a reward to only get something they were willing to attempt are the problem.

Making downscaled old content drop max level gear was an idiotic decision on the part of BW as a reflection of the simple fact they have reached a point where they are simultaneously incapable of creating new content and rescaling the old, so now we get neither. We get a game where the most efficient way to gear is, in fact, to stealth red reaper, with or without a group. For non stealths, its hammer station. Ergo, your beef should be with BWs lack of casual endgame design. The people spamming hammer station are merely a consequence of BWs poor decisions.

And if you were really so desperate for tech frags, stealthing red reaper or spamming hammer are both more efficient than random gf queue and toon hopping to avoid the lockout.

I'm not into farming. Sure, I did my share of KP farm for renown 999 but that was it, and it was my decision to farm. But I don't want to grind mindlessly the same content over and over again. That's the problem. I want variety and the tech frags, but still no amount of tech frags would get me to join HS.

That's funny, I couldn't even tell you the last time I did Kuat Drives through GF. I get HS and surprisingly BT a lot - which is fine by me because most people who queue/group for those seem to know exactly what they're doing so they're incredibly quick and I get my daily done in ~15-minutes or less.

Pretty sweet.

Well you sound like such an amazing, great guy. Definitely not someone I would want to Legacy ignore. :rolleyes:

The condescending snark while ignoring my logical and valid suggestion absolutely shows what a great and respectful person you are.

well one snarky comment deserved an equally snarky one. Your comment was designed to ignite and inflame, and if you've bothered reading the thread, instead of moaning about the game on all the other threads, you'd see why the thread has lasted 10 pages. It's quite simple really, not my fault you don't understand it.

I'm not into farming. Sure, I did my share of KP farm for renown 999 but that was it, and it was my decision to farm. But I don't want to grind mindlessly the same content over and over again. That's the problem. I want variety and the tech frags, but still no amount of tech frags would get me to join HS.

Which brings us back to the unchecking it issue. If you dislike hammer more than you need tech frags, unchecking it and forgoing the reward is the right thing to do, as backed by the simple fact that queuing for everything and leaving at the start gets a lockout. There, I said it. I tried to be nice with the my opinion thing, but dropping group at the start after queuing for everything is objectively worse than queuing only for hammer station.

You still get tech frags, just not whatever practically unnoticeable amount comes from the daily, you dont have to deal with the hammer farmers, and no lockout. Its mutually beneficial, and that is in fact why there is an option to select FP in the first place.