Why can't Treek Customizations be sold?

Never noticed this Bundle in the CM before, so I bought the Bundle for Treek Customizations.

With every other Bundle under the sun, if you open the Bundle the individual items remain BoE and get their own 36 hour timer, after which they can be sold.

Examples: Major XP Bundle (open it, now you have 5 saleable XP boosts), Going Places Basic Bundle (open it, now you can sell the Rocket Boost unlock individually, etc).

Timer expired on the Treek customizations that came out of the Bundle, and everything checks out tooltip-wise:

• Binds on Equip
  • Cartel Market Item
  • No other indications of anything different about this than say, Khem Val Customization 16

When I try to list it, the GTN spits it back at me with "You may not sell Treek Customization 1".

Selling only the bundle would be silly, because no one wants to buy something they can't Preview. Obviously you'd want to break open the bundle and list them individually.

So, is this... a bug? Anyone know why it's doing this?

Some items are tradeable, but not placeable on the GTN. The BBA contracts for example. Took them some time to make the change on that. Might want to toss it over to the suggestions area. I am guessing more people who get the bundle just use all 3, to add them to their collections, and never even think about selling off those they do not intend on using ever.

Some items are tradeable, but not placeable on the GTN.
Except this is purchased directly from Cartel Market, the entire point of which is to provide you items you can resale if you desire to, and every single other Bundle, Pack, and Box that comes out of CM produces a handful of individually-saleable items if you open it.

Can anyone think of a single counter-example here?

Except this is purchased directly from Cartel Market, the entire point of which is to provide you items you can resale if you desire to, and every single other Bundle, Pack, and Box that comes out of CM produces a handful of individually-saleable items if you open it.

Can anyone think of a single counter-example here?

/bug-report it (in game and up in the bug report forum).

If it's a bug.. they will most likely acknowledge it and it will get fixed.

NOW.. that said.. let me explain why I think in this case.. it is working as intended:

1) it's a customization kit on the CM.. and those can be free traded as long as they are unopened.

2) once you open the kit.. the three customizations bind to you. Why? Could be an oversight.. but it's probably to discourage people popping kits and selling off the pieces... since these are customizations not normal gear.

3) As far as I know.. there is no comparable precedent in the CM to stratify what the bind policy is on companion customization kits. Isn't Treek customizations the only example of a CM kit with multiple customizations in it??

Anyway... you have to bug report things if you want then looked into.

Edited by Andryah

/bug-report it (in game and up in the bug report forum).

If it's a bug.. they will most likely acknowledge it and it will get fixed.

NOW.. that said.. let me explain why I think in this case.. it is working as intended:

1) it's a customization kit on the CM.. and those can be free traded as long as they are unopened.

2) once you open the kit.. the three customizations bind to you. Why? Could be an oversight.. but it's probably to discourage people popping kits and selling off the pieces... since these are customizations not normal gear.

3) As far as I know.. there is no comparable precedent in the CM to stratify what the bind policy is on companion customization kits. Isn't Treek customizations the only example of a CM kit with multiple customizations in it??

Anyway... you have to bug report things if you want then looked into.

Actually they don't bind to you when you open the pack.

You can freely sell the items but they are just bared from the GTN similar to a few other items in the game.

Actually they don't bind to you when you open the pack.

You can freely sell the items but they are just bared from the GTN similar to a few other items in the game.

Ah.. OK.

Well.. my comments stand.. with the proviso that this is usually something they do initially and patch it to be sellable on the GTN later (no idea why they do this either).

Maybe they just forgot the second part and need a little tap on the "shock-collar button" that we call /Bug-Report. :)

Edited by Andryah

Yeah there's only examples like:

• Major XP Bundle → Open it → Now you can sell 5 individual XP items
  • Starfighter Bundles → Open it → Now you can sell a bajillion individual Customizations / Canisters / Reactants / blahblah
  • Going Places → Open it → Now you can sell Rocket Boosts, blahblah individually
  • Thana Vesh's Armor Set → open it → Now you can sell 6 individual pieces
  • Starfighter Pack → Open it → oh look, Khem Val Customization 16 → wait 36 hours → sell it

So yes, this is unique in being the only Companion Customization sold directly via CM (if you exclude the Packs). It is not remotely unique in being a Bundle sold directly on CM, and it directly contradicts the behavior of every other bundle/pack/etc.

Like if I opened the box and it went "LOL YOU JUST BOUND THEM TO YOU" that'd be a little more cut-and-dry. Also evil, since it violates the precedent of every other Cartel package item. But logically evil.

But they're sitting in my inventory saying, "Binds on Equip". I can mail them to alts. I can trade them to other people.

Trying to comprehend why I can't list them on GTN.

Trying to comprehend why I can't list them on GTN.

Because it's a bug that slipped through the net?

Because the Devs want you to stand on fleet using the Trade channel and lure out people that don't like that original Ewok look ;)