My review of SW:TOR

BobTheTeepo

So here I sit, after a little over 1 month of playing (I was playing 1 day after the first early access wave), I have a LOT of experience with this game. I've been playing it at minimum 6 hours a day, every day (I don't have a life, shocker). In games I play, I like to look around on the forums. I find it enjoyable (normally), and these forums I find could use a little bit of objectivity. Some of you know me, and know that I am VERY biased towards TOR, I love the game, I enjoy it greatly. But when push comes to shove, I can be objective if it calls for it, so I wanted to write this review, and see what others think of it.

I'd like to start by saying, that my experience comes from playing a Vanguard and a Marauder primarily, so if I'm wrong in regards to a certain class, don't be afraid to tell me how. I'm all going to try to keep this very neat and clean. I don't want walls upon walls of text, instead I want to summarize the Pros and Cons of TOR in the most objective way I possibly can, I'll add a little comment on the side in parentheses if I feel it's required, so here it goes.

BobTheTeepo's First Month Review of SW:TOR

Pros for SW:TOR:

• Fully Voiced (Usually great voice acting)
  • Unique Class Stories (For the most part extremely enjoyable, though a lot of times unoriginal)
  • Star Wars (Really big one here)
  • Music is epic
  • Dialogue (Not many MMOs give you as great of options when it comes to dialogue)
  • Variety of things to do (Datacrons, Space Combat, Crafting etc. makes for nice chances in pace)
  • Classes are MOSTLY balanced
  • Crafting while playing the game is amazing
  • Flashpoints and such actually having story, it was unexpected
  • Rerolling an alt is encouraged
  • Codex (nice addition for those who love learning backstory and things like that)

Cons

• Bugs (They're everywhere)
  • PvP (Unoriginal, not really compelled to at max level, not really rewarding either)
  • Combat system is clunky
  • Playing a different class in the same faction for a second time is annoying, having to deal with side quests
  • Armor Designs are horrendous
  • Some features do not work as they should, or at all, or in fact missing altogether (hi res graphics for example)
  • Outdated Graphics
  • Space Combat is more of a diversion than a full fledged part of the game (Not necessarily a con, just a huge missed opportunity)
  • Huttball, you may like it, but there is too much of it for the Empire
  • Major faction balance issues
  • FPS issues that affect a few players
  • Ability Delay

I'd have to say that, overall, I'd give it a 7.5/10. It has a lot of good things, and a LOT of potential, but in it's current shape it just won't survive long at all. I'm optimistic, Bioware is fixing things quickly, but there is a long ways to go.

I accidentally hit enter which posted the thread before it was ready, so I'm rushing to edit here, gonna polish it up as quickly as possible.

Edited by BobTheTeepo

So here I sit, after a little over 1 month of playing (I was playing 1 day after the first early access wave), I have a LOT of experience with this game. I've been playing it at minimum 6 hours a day, every day (I don't have a life, shocker). In games I play, I like to look around on the forums. I find it enjoyable (normally), and these forums I find could use a little bit of objectivity. Some of you know me, and know that I am VERY biased towards TOR, I love the game, I enjoy it greatly. But when push comes to shove, I can be objective if it calls for it, so I wanted to write this review, and see what others think of it.

I'd like to start by saying, that my experience comes from playing a Vanguard and a Marauder primarily, so if I'm wrong in regards to a certain class, don't be afraid to tell me how. I'm all going to try to keep this very neat and clean. I don't want walls upon walls of text, instead I want to summarize the Pros and Cons of TOR in the most objective way I possibly can, I'll add a little comment on the side in parentheses if I feel it's required, so here it goes.

BobTheTeepo's First Month Review of SW:TOR

Pros for SW:TOR:

Hmm... guess you took a page from Biowares book and released a beta?

Edited by Swampfot