Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Conquest Changes Coming in 5.8

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Conquest Changes Coming in 5.8
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

ZeScorpion
03.01.2018 , 10:59 AM | #21
Hi Eric,
While I welcome some changes I think the 150% bonus just for having 6 SH's doesn't take into account those of us with 6 strongholds "filled with chairs" spent a minimum of 50-70 million unlocking said strongholds... Why should someone who bought a stronghold & spent nothing unlocking it get the same bonus..??

Djake
03.01.2018 , 11:03 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by ZeScorpion View Post
Hi Eric,
While I welcome some changes I think the 150% bonus just for having 6 SH's doesn't take into account those of us with 6 strongholds "filled with chairs" spent a minimum of 50-70 million unlocking said strongholds... Why should someone who bought a stronghold & spent nothing unlocking it get the same bonus..??
This! Totally. I care not for the hundreds of chairs, junker lights etc that were put down to fill them up. But when a stronghold costs upwards of 10 million to completely unlock, then they should only get credit for having the stronghold COMPLETELY unlocked, all rooms and areas.
We don't have friendly fire in The Old Republic for a simple reason: a lot of players are, well... idiots. I don't mean you, of course, dear reader, I mean those OTHER players. You know who I'm talking about. -- DamionSchubert

JakRoanin
03.01.2018 , 11:06 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Mubrak View Post
Yay! finally... Thank you for that. Now that Conquest is out of the picture, can we please look again at the hook limit? Would be great to be able to place more decorations in our strongholds, especially on Nar Shaddaa and the capital planets.
YES Please.

Ibokagain
03.01.2018 , 11:08 AM | #24
Six empty Strongholds does mean 150% bonus, yes.

As others have questioned this; Does this mean players will need to buy (own) and then fully unlock the stronghold to receive the 25% bonus, or will they receive the 25% bonus by simply owning the stronghold and not unlocking it?

Thanks.

Djake
03.01.2018 , 11:12 AM | #25
Also, in regards to the Conquest weeks that are tied to weekly events. I have to wonder WHY these events are tied to certain conquest weeks since there seems to be little connection between the events activities and conquest points. For instance, During "Death Mark" which coincides with Bounty Week, there are no conquest objectives for actually doing bounties. Gree week only has the objective for Exogenesis. And Rakghoul week has no objectives for doing anything in the Rakghoul tunnels. So with these on a recurring schedule we seem to get these way too often and frankly many of my guild members are tired of running Alderaan and Nar Shaddaa heroics. We haven't had Hoth heroics in months.

You should disconnect the events from conquest, or make the event objectives a big part of the conquest objectives.
We don't have friendly fire in The Old Republic for a simple reason: a lot of players are, well... idiots. I don't mean you, of course, dear reader, I mean those OTHER players. You know who I'm talking about. -- DamionSchubert

LordTurin
03.01.2018 , 11:13 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by curulz View Post
One of the reasons folks asked for a schedule was so they could plan which planet to target which week. Looks like this is mostly out the window now. I'm having a hard time seeing how a random week is going to help anyone who prefers to make a plan of attack?
I assume they are trying to stop "making a plan of attack", especially for crafting weeks, so guilds can't have 5 million pts 5 minutes after reset.

Seems silly to me, but I know some folks complain about that.
Dragonslayer Mitthendil the Revanchist - Mercenary ||
Mitth'raw'nurudo from Beyond - Powertech || Elenmil the Revanchist - Scoundrel
Click this to say thank you if my post was helpful! :
http://www.swtor.com/r/lGKMGB

vianiel
03.01.2018 , 11:13 AM | #27
I'm not interested in the Yavin, Umbara and Tatooine SH so I don't buy them. That means it's a total loss of 75% conquest bonus then. 😕
Blog: Contains an unhealthy dose of Arcann, and some art
♥ Mini Vaylins ♥
Gav Daragon (RIP) | The Harbinger (RIP) | Ebon Hawk (RIP) | Satele Shan
Still waiting for a Zakuulan Stronghold.

LordTurin
03.01.2018 , 11:15 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by vianiel View Post
I'm not interested in the Yavin, Umbara and Tatooine SH so I don't buy them. That means it's a total loss of 75% conquest bonus then. 😕
You already don't get that extra 75% bonus anyway. You are no worse off then you were before the changes, in fact you may be mildly better since you could buy them but not have to waste time decorating to get the bonus.
Dragonslayer Mitthendil the Revanchist - Mercenary ||
Mitth'raw'nurudo from Beyond - Powertech || Elenmil the Revanchist - Scoundrel
Click this to say thank you if my post was helpful! :
http://www.swtor.com/r/lGKMGB

SelenaCat
03.01.2018 , 11:16 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Let me try to let it out with an example and see if I can make more sense of it. Let's say a Conquest has 3 planets that you can invade...

Planet 1
Low point requirement to complete
Low reward for completing that conquest

Planet 2
Medium point requirement to complete
Medium reward for completing that conquest

Planet 3
High point requirement to complete
High reward for completing that conquest

If you look at planet 1, since there is a lower point requirement to complete the Conquest, it is loosely targeted at smaller guilds. However, since it is easier to complete, it means less rewards. If a large Guild still wanted to go for it, they still can. It will obviously be easier for them with larger player contribution, but they would be sacrificing conquest rewards to do so (since planet 2 and 3 would reward more).

TLDR - Small planets mean small rewards, big planets mean big rewards.
Will the yields of any particular planet be fixed (i.e. Rishi is always a high yield, Ilum a medium, etc.), or will those be randomized as well? I can forsee problems getting the Galaxy Conqueror title if certain planets are always Low Yield, making them an unattractive planet to invade except when specifically hunting for achievements.

Djake
03.01.2018 , 11:18 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Eshvara View Post
Lol!
Thanks for these updates, it was really necessary, especially the stronghold one!
Pfft, The stronghold bonus was the least needed, and seems quite petty really. The gate for those has always been the credit amount needed to unlock all the rooms. The cost of decorations to fill it with junk was nothing. But I'll have no issue with this unless it is not required to unlock all the rooms to get credits for the entire stronghold.