Sith Assasin - no interaction animations

Duaragon

Hello.

I dont see interaction animation on my sith assasin when speced to deception or hatred, specifically the force shosck animations that should normally play when we interact some quest objects we have to destroy - like for example hydrogenerators on rishi. There should be animation of force lightning when we interact with the objects - but instead there is this strange short animation similiar to reaching for the lightsaber and purple lightning artound my character body.

Is this a global issue?

It is really annoying and mess up imerssion totally =.=

here are the screens - the first one when im speced to deception, animation is bugged, second one when i reset the spec and chose none or chose darkness [correct animation, force lightning]

http://i66.tinypic.com/2m3irfm.jpg

http://i63.tinypic.com/v0js.jpg

P.S.

Yes i did tried the repair function adn deleting the cache file - nothing solved that issue.

P.S2

Found an old post from other user :

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=920156

Exatly the same bug im talking about.

whats funny - all animation works perfectly fine in darkness spec, only hatred and deception are bugged.

Edited by Duaragon

Not here to confirm this, just that another animation is missing, when you destroy the kolto barrel on CZ-198 with the daily quest. The character will simply stand without doing anything and the barrel will explode. It isn't game breaking, but could need some fix indeed, it is very strange to see those barrel self-destruct in fear when I simply look at them. :') Edited by supertimtaf

One more thing i observed - the affected specs cause story flashpoints cutscenes to not play at all. But only the intro movies, rest of the fp story plays just fine. For example im currently on my another alt, doing shadow of revan story, and when i was speced to deception the intro scene for battle of rishi wont show up.

As for the barrels - i check it today, but the lightsaber destroy animation played just fine for me, as well as the force push ones [the animation that is displayed when you hit the exploding barrels near enemies, like all those barrels on section x, ones that explodes or freezes the enemies]. Its force lightning and force shock animation that i observed to be bugged.

As i mentioned - most funny thing is - darkness spec works just fine. All cutscenes play normally, all animation works just fine.

Ok i checked the barrel on CZ - and the animation there is broken as well. Whats more bizzare - few days ago it was working just fine 0.o

It starts to become more annoying every day...

Pity we have no response from devs on the matter.

• 4 weeks later...

Nope - still not fixed.

Deception/hatred have most of the animations bugged [the best test place to go and test it - CZ daily area, no animations on exploding barrels, there should be lightsaber thrust animation on those, no animation in the lower leves where you normally shoot force lightning over the wall part to disable energy field].

Darkness still works fine thou.

It annoyed me to the point of rolling out in tank spec again. Not that i dont like darkness sin, i just like to do pve and deception have imho one of the best looking combat animations. Not to mention i kinda like the mechanic of deception, dashing like crazy from target to target, jumping mid air, lightsaber throw here and there etc.

Hope they fix it some day T.T

• 1 year later...

Hi folks! We're taking a look into this now to see what might be happening. Can you tell me if this is occurring on all interactable objects or just the ones you've mentioned in this thread?

I've seen it on many things beyond what's mentioned here, and the problem *also* affects Jedi Shadows in the Infiltration discipline. (I can't comment on other Shadow disciplines because I only play Infiltration.)

I've seen it on many things beyond what's mentioned here, and the problem *also* affects Jedi Shadows in the Infiltration discipline. (I can't comment on other Shadow disciplines because I only play Infiltration.)
Checked a couple of my Shadow alts. This does not affect the Kinetic Combat discipline. It does affect the Serenity discipline.

• Dev Post

Hey folks! Wanted to give you an update on where we're at so far in our investigations. Currently, with our Sith Inquisitors and Jedi Consulars we aren't able to reproduce this, so I'm here to ask for some additional information that should help us out!

1) When you see this lack of interaction, what quest are you on? Is it any quest on CZ-198 or specific ones?

2) When you're playing and you see this, what are your graphics settings?

• 1 month later...

In CZ-198 the animations are missing while doing both quests where there is a destructible object (like the kolto barrels in What's Yours Is Mine and the pipes in Anti-Toxin Acquisition) and the issue is present using both Hatred and Deception trees, except the Darkness tree.

My graphic settings are custom.

Texture quality - high

Character level of detail - high

Character texture atlasing - high

Bloom and enhanced shadows - off

Shader complexity - low

Texture anisotropy - medium

Shadow quality - off

• 2 weeks later...

Hey folks! Wanted to give you an update on where we're at so far in our investigations. Currently, with our Sith Inquisitors and Jedi Consulars we aren't able to reproduce this, so I'm here to ask for some additional information that should help us out!

1) When you see this lack of interaction, what quest are you on? Is it any quest on CZ-198 or specific ones?

2) When you're playing and you see this, what are your graphics settings?

Jedi Shadow

Settings

https://imgur.com/a/0aASHuA