Downtime - 12/5/2016

TaitWatson

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

There's a bug with the Jawa vendors? Are you referring to the fact they have no Rank 10 materials?

Or something else?

Nope, that's what I was referring to. Seems like a silly oversight to me but when you're updating so much it's understandable that small things like that fall through the cracks.

Hopefully since people have alerted them they're fixing it soon though.

The funny thing about this thread is quite a few of you think BW give a rats *** about what you think, they only make changes that make their job easier, the more they cut the less they need to manage, problem is they to stupid to figure out the more they cut the less players they have, or so it would seem. Edited by Nemeses

Maybe putting CXP back on Champions - currently 0 (down from 20)

Whoops? Never had that.

Fix the gosh darned mount bug. It is a disgrace.

"the mount bug", ah yes, of course. Perfect bug specification there, that'll help everyone to track down the issue you're thinking of. Maybe demand harder without saying what you mean, this will make things faster.

Edited by mdahm

Hey everyone,

We brought the servers down to address an issue involving setting the stack size in the "Disintegration" pop up higher than the amount you had available.

As of this downtime, this issue has been fully resolved. For those who are wondering, we do consider having taken advantage of this bug an exploit. After a detailed review, we will take appropriate actions as needed.

Thank you,

Tait

two things come up some still stuck with the chat with vette still not working or some of us been crashing in cut sciences or the CXP did not even know that dropped down to 1 cxp for gold cause second toon had yet to hit 70 with all this out of the blue down time and Fridays down time got push to sat and now this one out of the blue again

What, you mean disintegrating 8 or 16 Jawa Junk to give 80 or 160 instead of 10 CXP is an exploit? :rak_02:

I just disintegrated everything there was and didn't expect it to be a bug but a feature. This was already visible in your livestreams so I expected that this is how the system works: 10 CXP per item, and if you get 8 or 16 items, it's 80 or 160 CXP.

Edited by Jerba

What a fantastic time to push an update... Seriously who else thinks 5PM EST is the most opportune time for this?

It better be something related to an incredible CXP exploit, or something that resets entire accounts causing hours worth of work for the service desk.

These petty things are actually pretty big when you come home from a long day of work and want nothing more than the unwind with a few hours of gametime.

NO EXCUSES BIOWARE, YOU DROPPED THE BALL!

Nope, that's what I was referring to. Seems like a silly oversight to me but when you're updating so much it's understandable that small things like that fall through the cracks.

Hopefully since people have alerted them they're fixing it soon though.

IIRC at release jawa vendors do not have new mats. Imo, that's the way it should be. 4.0 was a different and special case because crafting was updated a few months into it.

What, you mean disintegrating 8 or 16 Jawa Junk to give 80 or 160 instead of 10 CXP is an exploit? :rak_02:

I just disintegrated everything there was and didn't expect it to be a bug but a feature. This was already visible in your livestreams so I expected that this is how the system works: 10 CXP per item, and if you get 8 or 16 items, it's 80 or 160 CXP.

No, I am guessing if you moved the slider to the max you have no issues. But if you erased the number there and typed in say 160 instead of 16, the game allowed it but it is now fixed.

It sounds different to that, something to do with physically setting stack SIZES. Maybe getting more jawa junk and other items than you actually had by doing this. Or more CXP. But if you didn't play with setting stack sizes you should be fine. That's what I took away from the devs post.

No it was most likely being able to disintegrate more than the 16 jawa junks you had, so getting more than the max 160 CXP you could have earned. I don't remember if the pop up is the usual one where you can use the slider or type a number so I guess you could type 999 in and get 9990 CXP for instance.

Edited by demotivator

This right here^

Even though I haven't disintegrated much of the scrap because I need it, I thought it was just a feature like the rest

Methinks, considering how much of a grind you have created that folks are going to find many more ways to exploit the command XP.

Perhaps a better move would have been to simply reduce the weekly cap. That would have likely had the intended effect and perhaps even reduce the exploiting attempts.....

At any rate, good luck to you guys. I think this system you guys implemented has great potential, but like the level sync system was poorly implemented with little foresight involved. You guys seem to have difficulty foreseeing these kind of problems before they occur...