Lazy developers make for boring content.

I am a Sith Assassin, Darkness. I generally SKIP most trash fights because, you know, stealth and the fact that while they cannot kill me it takes me a lot longer to kill them than a DPS class. So, I figure it is pretty even. I get less xp but I progress a tiny bit faster in the story than non stealth classes.... Oh wait.. sorry this skytrooper spawn instantly aggros you and even using Force Cloak will not lose aggro. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. YOU *********** FAILED!!!! This is not how to make compelling content. Forcing stealthy non dps to suffer through tons of combat that should never even happen smacks of lazy developers who hate their players.:rak_02:

If I wanted to play a combat class I would have rolled a Bounty Hunter or a Marauder.

Edited by Aethyrprime

Yeah, they did a few really ridiculous chapters with that during KotFE. Lots of people complained (including me) and they mostly stopped doing that. There are still a few places where your stealth will get broken and aggro is automatic, but it's way better than it was. In fact, the "Traitor" FPs are so fast if you play stealth.

I can only imagine how bad it must have been. It is the most frustrating thing I've ever experienced in a game.

They forgot that this is an MMO first and foremost and they should be working on Raid content and PvP content. No one wanted or liked KoTFE/KoTET. Really if I want story I read a book or get a single player game MMO's should be about huge group content.

No one wanted or liked KoTFE/KoTET. Really if I want story I read a book or get a single player game MMO's should be about huge group content.

Well you're wrong there. I thoroughly enjoyed KoTFE/KoTET and I certainly wanted it, so saying no one just goes to show you don't recognize the other types of players in this game. Those players are also pretty much the majority of people who are still around since they've put a huge focus on story for the longest time and little else. You're also forgetting who is developing this game, they're kind of known for their stories... it's kind of how they got where they are today and the whole concept of SWTOR was to have that Bioware storytelling in an environment that many people can share in it together. If you were around in the beginning you could clearly see the main focus was the story and less on the mmo aspects and it wasn't until a year or so after release that they added the endgame stuff.

While I hate saying this, perhaps SWTOR isn't meant for you if you expect it to be all huge group content and little story since it has never been that way from the start.

I will also direct you to this thread here for a good idea of what the forum people are interested in. http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=944107

Edited by BarbarikDave

They forgot that this is an MMO first and foremost and they should be working on Raid content and PvP content. No one wanted or liked KoTFE/KoTET. Really if I want story I read a book or get a single player game MMO's should be about huge group content.

I agree we should have more multiplayer content, if nothing else, for the variety of things players can do. However SWTOR's focus has been the story, especially with the vanilla game, KOTFE/KOTET's mistakes IMO were not tying some endgame content into the story. As an example you could've had the heroic versions of the star fortresses be a flashpoint or perhaps even a raid, there was definitely the potential but either due to time or budget or the studio's vision for the expansions they didn't do it, which is sad really but it doesn't meant we should forget about SWTOR's essence.

• 3 weeks later...
I honestly wonder if it's not so much laziness but rather we are left with the most junior of junior folks on this project. Like... maybe the senior folks built a bunch of self service tools for non-developers to use in order to create stuff with? It all seems just really rudimentary and silly.