Sorc gearing question for 258s

Belpheghor

Is there a way around the slot lock in 258 gear? I'm a madness sorc and don't really want the glove and boot enhancements of accuracy but switching them out doesn't seem to work, anyone find a solution to this?

Is there any upside to having 2 enhancements with accuarcy? I was under the impression that accuarcy was worthless for any sorc spec.

For PvE everyone wants 110% acc. For 258 gear, the enhancements are slot locked, so you need go grab a healer piece to get rid of the acc enh.

I.e. you need 2 boots, a dps boot for the armoring, and a healer boot for the enh.

Due to the changes to accuracy everyone needs ~110% accuracy (except, maybe, for healers who can get away with none but may still want some for those times they need to DPS). Accuracy over 100% reduces a mobs ability to evade or resist your attack.

For PvE everyone wants 110% acc. For 258 gear, the enhancements are slot locked, so you need go grab a healer piece to get rid of the acc enh.

I.e. you need 2 boots, a dps boot for the armoring, and a healer boot for the enh.

You don't need any healer's pieces. Just use the accuracy enhancements you get. 253+253+240 (stim)=746 which is a perfectly fine accuracy number.

• 1 month later...

After a very long break, I have now returned to this game. I've been playing Sorcerer as main character since release. In many periods of the game I decided to distribute my stats contrary to the usual meta. In most cases I was right with my decision. Especially at the Progress time of Ravergers and Temple of Sacrifice I led almost every leaderboard until my departure.

Since 6.0 will be released soon, I don't want to open a big barrel at this point. I usually assume that the proposed "best in slot" stat distributions are based on pure dummy dps or no movement single target dps. At least that's how it was in the past. If this is the case, the stat distribution is not optimal for mechanic-heavy encounters or nightmare rading in general.

From release until my big break around Revan HC, i.e. over several patches, it was always better in practice to collect as much willpower, force power and attack power as possible besides the accuracy cap. It was always wiser to decide for enhancements and modifications with high ap / low secondary stat roll. The same was true for stims, augments and so on. Since I am quite fresh on board again, the complete itemization of the available items is not yet completely familiar to me.

My first questioning thought refers to the alacrity cap. I am quite familiar with the theoretical benefits. However, my questioning again refers to the more practical side. At first sight I see a dps loss when it comes to encounter, where you can't strictly follow your rotation. Especially while working on new encounters on nightmare/master. Every movement, every repositioning, every kind of interaction with a mechanic makes alacrity weaker compared to other stats.

My second questioning thought revolves around the selection of the stim. This topic has appeared in every patch since release. According to my "bonus damage first" hypothesis, you should always prefer a stim with mastery or attack power. It was also more bonus damage friendly to get the accuracy cap via enhancements. Everything else like modifications, augments were completely geared towards bonus damage.

I would be very happy about detailed knowledge of real good practitioners. May you enlighten me!

Edit: It's all about madness...

Edited by Citruzz