Game Closes When I Click On Second Screen

OwensBane

I run a duel screen setup and have a awhile now. I bought a new computer a few months ago and on said new computer every time I click on anything on my second screen (discord, twitch, literally anything outside the game) it stalls for a moment and them minimizes my game and goes back to the desktop on my primary screen. This never used to happen on my old PC. Does anyone know what setting I need to change to get it to stop minimizing?

I have a similar setup. I found that putting it on Fullscreen Windowed seems to keep it from doing this.

Correct. In plain "Fullscreen", the game (er, almost any game, in fact) runs in what's called "Exclusive" mode, and in that mode, if the game loses "focus" it has to minimise. You can take focus away from the game by Alt+Tabbing to another application, clicking on another application(1), or clicking on the desktop(1), or even tapping the Windows-logo key(2), and in all cases, the active game will minimise.

In "Fullscreen (windowed)", the game runs in a window, just like in Windowed mode, but the window is the full size of the screen without any borders, and in any sort of windowed mode, the game has to run *not* in Exclusive mode.

(1) Both of these are ... difficult ... if you only have one screen, of course.

(2) This gives focus to the Start Menu. There's a bunch of keys you can use in combination with the Windows-logo key, and except for the ones assigned to the XBox game bar stuff, they all take focus from the game.

Correct. In plain "Fullscreen", the game (er, almost any game, in fact) runs in what's called "Exclusive" mode, and in that mode, if the game loses "focus" it has to minimise. You can take focus away from the game by Alt+Tabbing to another application, clicking on another application(1), or clicking on the desktop(1), or even tapping the Windows-logo key(2), and in all cases, the active game will minimise.

In "Fullscreen (windowed)", the game runs in a window, just like in Windowed mode, but the window is the full size of the screen without any borders, and in any sort of windowed mode, the game has to run *not* in Exclusive mode.

(1) Both of these are ... difficult ... if you only have one screen, of course.

(2) This gives focus to the Start Menu. There's a bunch of keys you can use in combination with the Windows-logo key, and except for the ones assigned to the XBox game bar stuff, they all take focus from the game.

So this is going to sound like a noob question, but how to I set it to run in "Fullscreen (windowed)"? I see no option for it in any of the in-game settings or the launcher.

So this is going to sound like a noob question, but how to I set it to run in "Fullscreen (windowed)"? I see no option for it in any of the in-game settings or the launcher.

The option is in the graphics part of Preferences. In the same area where you pick the resolution and refresh rate, etc