Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Beginner's Bounty Hunter FAQ and Guide

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Beginner's Bounty Hunter FAQ and Guide

Dark_Slug
12.13.2011 , 09:38 AM | #11
Good post ty just made my choice to be a merc healer

Vedorian
12.13.2011 , 09:50 AM | #12
Awesome post, I didn't get too far in the beta and was trying to work out my merc spec, this has helped a lot

Jochan
12.13.2011 , 10:52 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by AnubisXy View Post
No problem! I just updated the FAQ at the top.

If anybody else has any good questions, feel free to ask and I'll be happy to add them to the first post.
I have a question, and will be full of minor questions because I didn't play in beta. From a PVE stand point, which is best crew skill for Pwertech? Armormech seems like and obvious choice but I feel like gear will be obtainable through flashpoints and auction house, or is crafting bind op pickup ? How about Biochem ?

Gamecrazed
12.13.2011 , 11:02 AM | #14
Great informative information. Thanks for taking the time to prepare this for the masses. This was exactly what I was looking for.

AnubisXy
12.13.2011 , 11:12 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Jochan View Post
From a PVE stand point, which is best crew skill for Pwertech?
Pretty much anything but Synthweaving will have some use for you; even Artifice lets you make shield generators.

Armstech lets you make guns. Armortech lets you make armor. Cybertech lets you make grenades and mods. Biochem lets you make health and buff items.

Most of the armor and weapons that you can craft are Bind on Equip, though I have heard that some of it is Bind on Pickup. I didn't get far enough to really try out the crafting system, which was why I didn't want to include much about it in my guide - not until I'm more clear on exactly how it works.

It's hard to say what will be better at end game for PvE. Tentatively I would suggest Biochem, because the reusable items will be useful for raiding. Likewise, Cybertech could be handy because the bombs will be a DPS boost - back in WoW during Wrath, Engineering was (barely) the "best" endgame DPS profession because the Saronite Bombs added up to the most contribution to DPS.

But, as there's currently no DPS meter in this game, you may want to prioritize survivability over DPS since you won't be able to get bragging rights for pulling 10 DPS ahead of the next guy.

At the same time, it's very possible Armstech or Armortech will be the best professions depending on whether top end recipes will be BoP and how easy it is to get crafting materials for those top end recipes.

Long story short, it's impossible to say which profession will be best at end game. Bioware changed the crafting system around a few times over the course of the beta, and had some major, last minute changes to the way gear worked, which had a big impact on Armstech and Amortech. Only time will tell which profession is "best".
"He doesn't use the Force. He just uses... force."

Bluerage
12.13.2011 , 11:46 AM | #16
Mods: Sticky Please!

lazybean
12.13.2011 , 11:47 AM | #17
Great post!

I have one question/suggestion. In regards to leveling, are there some abilities or talents that you would recommend using just while leveling?

For example, I am planing on going Powertech>shield tech. From previous MMO experience while leveling a tank i find useful to pick up some DPS talents early on to help with leveling, then respec to full tank near max. When i look at the shield tech tree, i see some early options to pick up RAil shot improvements. Would it be worth it to get those, or is rail shot an ability you hardly use when leveling?

It might be nice to add some info for leveling options for healers also.
Quote: Originally Posted by jcyrus View Post
...have a Gungan grant every new Jedi and Sith their first lightsaber, coming up and saying (complete with voice acting) "Exqueez me, yousa must have some bigbombad midichloriabilins count, cause mesa supposed to give yous a lasersword now!"

WallasFin
12.13.2011 , 11:55 AM | #18
Great post, great info. Thank you!

Melbin
12.13.2011 , 12:17 PM | #19
Thank you for this really nice guilde.

Pinnick
12.13.2011 , 12:33 PM | #20
Agree with everyone, excellent guide.

Thanks for the work put in.