Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

This is a joke


foxmob's Avatar


foxmob
07.01.2019 , 04:38 PM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by JediMasterAlex View Post
That's not at all what I meant. Did you read my example?
yes. I disagree with you. it happens.


Quote: Originally Posted by JediMasterAlex View Post
That is such a childish attitude, and it is far, far worse behavior than mere trash talking. The people ruining games with that kind of stubborn, terrible attitude are the actual problem, not the "toxicity" from people playing to win.
have you seen shinarika's streams? this whole forum fawned over her. they couldn't gush loud enough. maybe you just watched the prettily cut videos of her killing blows set to some techno crap. maybe she never showed the vids of her guild turtling with the ball in a dumpster on the side of the map with the expressed purpose of making the match last 15 minutes and laughing at the inferiority of the overwhelmed pugs they were playing (with and against). or the fact that the BEST, most skilled players group together in regs and ignore objectives, ignore calls for help, gleefully rush to the attacker spawn of VS first doors and could care less about getting capped? are you telling me that's any different from a stubborn, fictitious tank, we'll call her A Rose for Emily, not guard swapping despite being asked to? because it's not. it really isn't.

what is unfortunate is that as rampant as those premades are, they aren't even the majority of ppl getting screwed in solo ranked. but hey, the world isn't fair. and it's not as if I like losing a match due to tank roulette, but I can appreciate the irony.

more to your point, one behavior breeds the other. you berate someone for being bad, even if he is bad, you're generally not going to engender cooperation. and let's not kid ourselves, the very first reaction to a bad player is rage and ridicule, not constructive criticism delivered in a calm or friendly manner. HOWEVER, things are a lot more congenial this season than they were when I left a couple years ago. I've said that in one of these threads before. it's still off-putting for ppl new to the format. and I just /facepalm when I see the same ppl raging at the bad players on their team, because it's only making that person angry and more likely to lash out to spite the good player who actually cares about his rating.
Krack

Lhancelot's Avatar


Lhancelot
07.01.2019 , 06:31 PM | #42
Quote: Originally Posted by JediMasterAlex View Post
Maybe this is happening at off hours on EU servers. I wouldn't know. But I can say with a reasonable degree of confidence that this never happens on Star Forge during regular playing hours. And I believe the person who has talked about that is Mero, who gets kicked for other obvious reasons. Best to always take what he says with a huge grain of salt.
No it wasnít Mero, it was some dude I didnít recognize on the forums.

The guy raged about it, it was more of a rant etc. then even Banderal had it happen to him, in fact I think I recall you having conversations with him about it on the forums, if not sorry I might be mistaken.
The Revival of SWTOR: Petition for More Funding and Resources
(Click link Below For More Information)

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=959696

JediMasterAlex's Avatar


JediMasterAlex
07.01.2019 , 06:56 PM | #43
Quote: Originally Posted by KendraP View Post
So who's childish? The guy ignoring advice, be it good or bad, because he's being called names? Or the guys calling him names?
That's not even the scenario lol. Also, apparently the word "advice" has confused a lot of people. If you think telling a tank that he has to guard swap is mere "advice"... Let's just say I'm really happy a lot of you forum posters don't queue ranked, that's all I'll say.

Quote: Originally Posted by Lhancelot View Post
No it wasnít Mero, it was some dude I didnít recognize on the forums.

The guy raged about it, it was more of a rant etc. then even Banderal had it happen to him, in fact I think I recall you having conversations with him about it on the forums, if not sorry I might be mistaken.
Yes, Banderal did have it happen to him, and if you recall, I was in the thread saying that it was a disgrace, because he didn't deserve it. The person who got his team to kick him is a major ******e as well.

Quote: Originally Posted by foxmob View Post
more to your point, one behavior breeds the other. you berate someone for being bad, even if he is bad, you're generally not going to engender cooperation. and let's not kid ourselves, the very first reaction to a bad player is rage and ridicule, not constructive criticism delivered in a calm or friendly manner. HOWEVER, things are a lot more congenial this season than they were when I left a couple years ago. I've said that in one of these threads before. it's still off-putting for ppl new to the format. and I just /facepalm when I see the same ppl raging at the bad players on their team, because it's only making that person angry and more likely to lash out to spite the good player who actually cares about his rating.
This is essentially victim blaming. The incompetent players (and remember, when I say incompetent, I mean truly incompetent, like tanks who don't guard swap, not just bad) are the ones ruining games, not the people who care about their ratings. There are some truly vile people that queue for solo ranked, and some of them talk way too much trash, and take things way too far. But at least they can play, and that is the most important factor in a competitive game mode. This isn't hand holding story time (and I say this as a real life liberal by the way).

Lhancelot's Avatar


Lhancelot
07.01.2019 , 07:19 PM | #44
Quote: Originally Posted by JediMasterAlex View Post
That's not even the scenario lol. Also, apparently the word "advice" has confused a lot of people. If you think telling a tank that he has to guard swap is mere "advice"... Let's just say I'm really happy a lot of you forum posters don't queue ranked, that's all I'll say.



Yes, Banderal did have it happen to him, and if you recall, I was in the thread saying that it was a disgrace, because he didn't deserve it. The person who got his team to kick him is a major ******e as well.



This is essentially victim blaming. The incompetent players (and remember, when I say incompetent, I mean truly incompetent, like tanks who don't guard swap, not just bad) are the ones ruining games, not the people who care about their ratings. There are some truly vile people that queue for solo ranked, and some of them talk way too much trash, and take things way too far. But at least they can play, and that is the most important factor in a competitive game mode. This isn't hand holding story time (and I say this as a real life liberal by the way).
Banderal was on SF, I imagine if people did it to him theyíd do it to anyone regardless of skill level. Just another way to manipulate the system. Thereís so many holes in the ranked scoring system, even you got to admit itís bad.
The Revival of SWTOR: Petition for More Funding and Resources
(Click link Below For More Information)

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=959696

JediMasterAlex's Avatar


JediMasterAlex
07.01.2019 , 08:06 PM | #45
Quote: Originally Posted by Lhancelot View Post
Banderal was on SF, I imagine if people did it to him theyíd do it to anyone regardless of skill level. Just another way to manipulate the system. Thereís so many holes in the ranked scoring system, even you got to admit itís bad.
I have agreed there are major flaws. But in my experience kicking people is exceedingly rare. And kicking people that don't deserve it is even rarer.

KendraP's Avatar


KendraP
07.01.2019 , 10:16 PM | #46
just to prove "i don't like ranked" is not synonymous with "i have never done ranked" or "i am bad at ranked"...

https://imgur.com/a/yAhVzD5

and no, you won't find this toon on the leaderboards because I don't do 10 matches on any one toon often.

DenariusJay's Avatar


DenariusJay
07.01.2019 , 11:38 PM | #47
Quote: Originally Posted by TrixxieTriss View Post
Imagine if Bioware had worked the matchmaking years ago so there was quality over pop times. There would be many more people still playing and pop times would probably be better due to more balanced and quality games,

Bioware have always had this absolutely stupid philosophy that pop speed is better than quality. This has driven just as many or more people away from pvp as slower pops. Eventually the quality is so **** that pop speed mean nothing if people stop playing.

Iíve given up on pvp for the meantime. Something I thought Iíd never do. I just canít bring myself to play it in this game anymore because itís such a joke at all lvls. So as far as the pvp queue goes, theyíve lost another pvper from it all because of the stupid matchmaking in both ranked and regs.
That and the demise of lowbies, Mids and the garbage that is regs, has made me abandon pvp. Iíve not stepped foot into into it for a month, except to play one last lowbie match to get a weekly finished.

I think Iím done. Iíve broken my pvp addiction because it was unhealthy how upset and angry I would get during and after a pvp session. Iíve a few Alts I want to finally finish the story on and some achievements, rep and personal goals I want. After that, I guess Iíll unsub when classic WoW is released because I canít see 6.0 fixing any of the things that have made me stop playing pvp.
The only time I noticed lowbies and midbies popping is when the double exp event is going on, because thats when people like myself login to obscure characters to gain some levels since WZ are still a great way to level.

Regs has been full-time trash since 5.0 IMO, I know no one will agree but I felt it immediately when they gave mercs 3 lives it was over. The entire feel of regs just felt stupid after that. 4.0 felt very balanced to me, every class was viable in mercs they just had to kite alot but still very deadly. The scales tipped way to far for mercs, and of course with that come your "friendly" local neighborhood premade team who stack 3 mercs and a healer and thats pretty much GG for regs.
server: The Hot Prospect (10/4/2017 #NEVERFORGET)
Characters: Billie Eilish/Jessica Alba/Olivia Munn / Rashida Jones / Alicia Keys / Colin Kaepernick