Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Unlocking flagship rooms

Visorknight
08.09.2019 , 06:22 AM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by InfamousDolphin View Post
"I suffered. Therefore, others should suffer."

This is one of the worst arguments ever made. But every time someone wants to make the world a little bit better, someone else says this. It makes me sad.

For the record, I am one of those guild leaders who worked for months to open up all of the rooms on our flagship. I would prefer that no one else have to go through that.
Cost of any encryptions are going up since less guilds are doing small invasions now. Also commanders are hard to find groups since we don't need to do anymore conquest objectives to hit 15k. These 2 reasons contribute to a dive in availablity of encryptions keys. There is a third alternative, crafting dark mark projects. Each dark mark project can be used to redeem for a key in the fleet vendor. As long as you are willing to sink funds into crafting them, this may be the best options as encryption keys supplies are drying up fast.

TrixxieTriss
08.09.2019 , 12:15 PM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by Visorknight View Post
There is a third alternative, crafting dark mark projects. Each dark mark project can be used to redeem for a key in the fleet vendor. As long as you are willing to sink funds into crafting them,
You don’t need to sink too many funds to craft them. Just sink a hell of a lot of time into it. The hardest part id farming the refined isotopes.

lightSaberAddiCt
08.09.2019 , 02:54 PM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by TrixxieTriss View Post
You don’t need to sink too many funds to craft them. Just sink a hell of a lot of time into it. The hardest part id farming the refined isotopes.
Then they would be complaining about the cost of the isotopes when the demand rose, and they had to pay the increased price. Because it would take forever to farm those.
Just Click It for Free Stuff I need the CC
http://www.swtor.com/r/Hj4n32

TrixxieTriss
08.09.2019 , 09:32 PM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by lightSaberAddiCt View Post
Then they would be complaining about the cost of the isotopes when the demand rose, and they had to pay the increased price. Because it would take forever to farm those.
It takes 1.5-2 hours to farm 8 isotopes for a DP. It really only becomes a problem when you need 3 DP’s for getting the companion token to lvl them up. 24 isotopes is a grind and boring as hell.

GrimTheGlutt
08.10.2019 , 05:33 AM | #35
The problem is since they drastically nerfed the Isotope droprate.

Prior to the nerf all the savy guilds managed to get very cheap unlocks, you could buy bundles of isotopes in the 100's for very cheap prices. It cost literally no more than 5-10m credits per framework to craft a framework. So at absolute max you were paying 50m to unlock 1 room. At todays prices its more like 500m credits. So yeah that is not balanced or equal, no matter the guild size.

So back to the math... considering a lot of rooms need 5 Frameworks, thats 250 Dark matter Projects. Thats in total 2000 isotopes to farm if you go the crafting route. Lets say 2/5 of the frameworks you get from conquest completion (which is quite high for small guilds), that still leaves obtaining over 1,200 isotopes. At at least 200,000 credits a pop to buy thats 240,000,000 credits. Per room!

Get the isotopes yourself and I dread counting the hours and hours and hours of grind to get the isotopes.

They need to up the Isotope droprate, I have been saying it ever since the nerf!

MorseGod
08.10.2019 , 05:55 AM | #36
Dark Projects usually sell for about 2x the cost of an encryption, so making DPs to directly trade for an encryption that's only worth half as much is about the dumbest thing anyone could do. It makes much more sense to sell the DPs on the GTN, then buy the encryptions on the GTN.

Unfortunately, the DPs have other value because they are also used to buy some nice stuff to put in the flagship. Because there's only one way to get DPs and multiple ways to get encryptions, this is another strike against using DP sales to buy encryptions.
Guildmaster, Help (Star Forge)
Join us on Discord!
Was this post helpful? Please click my referral link.

Visorknight
08.10.2019 , 06:39 AM | #37
Quote: Originally Posted by GrimTheGlutt View Post
The problem is since they drastically nerfed the Isotope droprate.

Prior to the nerf all the savy guilds managed to get very cheap unlocks, you could buy bundles of isotopes in the 100's for very cheap prices. It cost literally no more than 5-10m credits per framework to craft a framework. So at absolute max you were paying 50m to unlock 1 room. At todays prices its more like 500m credits. So yeah that is not balanced or equal, no matter the guild size.

So back to the math... considering a lot of rooms need 5 Frameworks, thats 250 Dark matter Projects. Thats in total 2000 isotopes to farm if you go the crafting route. Lets say 2/5 of the frameworks you get from conquest completion (which is quite high for small guilds), that still leaves obtaining over 1,200 isotopes. At at least 200,000 credits a pop to buy thats 240,000,000 credits. Per room!

Get the isotopes yourself and I dread counting the hours and hours and hours of grind to get the isotopes.

They need to up the Isotope droprate, I have been saying it ever since the nerf!
Using a level 50 companion, dark projects can crit to give 2 per craft. Dark projects can go for about 2 mil on gtn, keys about 1.2mil+ depending on supply. Keys supply are low these days. At anytime, it is hard to find even more than 50 of them on gtn.