Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

We still have a little Burst

chrishill's Avatar


chrishill
04.10.2018 , 08:50 PM | #1
I still love AP/PT given we don't have that oh **** button, they still have a decent opener burst.right guys? (Just looking for that sliver lineing)

Equeliber's Avatar


Equeliber
04.11.2018 , 02:42 AM | #2
Name 1 spec that has more damage in the opener.

Good luck with that.
Klorea, Sith Marauder Ael Vienne, Sith Sorcerer Cinthie, Sith Assassin Lora Leigh, Sniper Darth Malgus

PrometheanDeath's Avatar


PrometheanDeath
04.11.2018 , 06:52 AM | #3
Dps PTs are priority #1 in getting a guard from tanks because their opener in AP is unparalleled. Even after a guard a double taunt or even triple taunt (without guard) is almost always necessary to prevent AP from aggroing boss. Their rotation gaining critical increase from explosive fuel, on top of shoulder cannon's off CD barrage also affected by the very same explosive fuel critical increase. That's an easy over 15-18K Dps (depending on gear of course) sustained for the first 15 seconds before dropping down to the current low to mid 10K range. Just as you said us being glass cannons with lack of a panic DCD most other classes have.

TalonVII's Avatar


TalonVII
04.11.2018 , 05:09 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by PrometheanDeath View Post
Dps PTs are priority #1 in getting a guard from tanks because their opener in AP is unparalleled. Even after a guard a double taunt or even triple taunt (without guard) is almost always necessary to prevent AP from aggroing boss. Their rotation gaining critical increase from explosive fuel, on top of shoulder cannon's off CD barrage also affected by the very same explosive fuel critical increase. That's an easy over 15-18K Dps (depending on gear of course) sustained for the first 15 seconds before dropping down to the current low to mid 10K range. Just as you said us being glass cannons with lack of a panic DCD most other classes have.
And what if I don't want to be a glass cannon with a nice big old opening punch before tossing out jabs and instead want the PT to be AN ACTUAL TANK. Able to sit in the heart of a ****storm no other class would dream of doing and still duking it out?

Sure AP is a fun class for big opening blasts, but that's a 1 trick pony. I want the PT/VG to be able to do something BESIDES that. Like the other tank classes can.
Pretty, so what do we blow up first? -Wraith Squadron Motto
Ebon Hawk
Skiratta Legacy

PrometheanDeath's Avatar


PrometheanDeath
04.15.2018 , 08:35 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by TalonVII View Post
And what if I don't want to be a glass cannon with a nice big old opening punch before tossing out jabs and instead want the PT to be AN ACTUAL TANK. Able to sit in the heart of a ****storm no other class would dream of doing and still duking it out?

Sure AP is a fun class for big opening blasts, but that's a 1 trick pony. I want the PT/VG to be able to do something BESIDES that. Like the other tank classes can.
Well if you don't want to be a glass cannon then I would say find another class or suffer though it on a PT till our defensives get better, if they ever do. DPS classes shouldn't be able to out live tanks like they can now, so either they start taking defensives down from classes which will cause an uproar on every level, or just simple buff what classes are lacking. Instead of nerfing mara/sniper/merc and so on, just buff PT Dps and tank survival in pvp.

TalonVII's Avatar


TalonVII
04.16.2018 , 09:42 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by PrometheanDeath View Post
Well if you don't want to be a glass cannon then I would say find another class or suffer though it on a PT till our defensives get better, if they ever do. DPS classes shouldn't be able to out live tanks like they can now, so either they start taking defensives down from classes which will cause an uproar on every level, or just simple buff what classes are lacking. Instead of nerfing mara/sniper/merc and so on, just buff PT Dps and tank survival in pvp.
Hey you're preaching to the choir. It was asinine responsive safeguards and Trauma Regulators went to the Merc class.

I've been harping on PT defenses since I joined when this game went F2P.

But the PT is the whipping boy of SWTOR so we won't get jack when the PT IMHO should be the tank among tanks.
Pretty, so what do we blow up first? -Wraith Squadron Motto
Ebon Hawk
Skiratta Legacy