Preview of the upcoming Ancient Hypergates Wz

Iwipe

Hey guys, with the launch of the Ancient Hypergates WZ on the PTS last night, I was able to play a few rounds when we had enough people to queue and I thought I would give you guys some info on it if you havn't already seen it.

The scoring mechanics is a bit complicated than other warzones and it took us a couple rounds to figure it out (the Republic team figured it pretty fast and won every round).

The game is divided into mini rounds that lasts 2.5 minutes. At end of each mini round, there is a huge shockwave explosion and anyone not taking cover in the central chamber gets wiped out (yes you can knock people out of the central chambers or root them outside of it). The points are tallied every mini round. It is sort of like a version of capture the flag where you can lose pretty much all the points you gain that mini round if you don't have a flag by the end of that min round.

Here is a preview I wrote with a bit more info: http://dulfy.net/2012/11/21/swtor-patch-1-6-ancient-hypergates-warzone-preview/

Here is a video of the new Wz, we did lose pretty fast as the republic team managed to get both pylons:

Hey guys, with the launch of the Ancient Hypergates WZ on the PTS last night, I was able to play a few rounds when we had enough people to queue and I thought I would give you guys some info on it if you havn't already seen it.

The scoring mechanics is a bit complicated than other warzones and it took us a couple rounds to figure it out (the Republic team figured it pretty fast and won every round).

The game is divided into mini rounds that lasts 2.5 minutes. At end of each mini round, there is a huge shockwave explosion and anyone not taking cover in the central chamber gets wiped out (yes you can knock people out of the central chambers or root them outside of it). The points are tallied every mini round. It is sort of like a version of capture the flag where you can lose pretty much all the points you gain that mini round if you don't have a flag by the end of that min round.

Here is a preview I wrote with a bit more info: http://dulfy.net/2012/11/21/swtor-patch-1-6-ancient-hypergates-warzone-preview/

Here is a video of the new Wz, we did lose pretty fast as the republic team managed to get both pylons:

<3 Dulfy!!!

You make my gaming life complete!!!:)

There is a lot going on in this warzone. I like that it's like Novare Coast in the fact if you can manage to drop the other teams potential points once or twice you can come back from behind to win it.

Looks like there is a role to fill for most classes as well. I can think of a few strategies for each class to employ to be effective in this WZ. A good mobile healer like a Scoundrel and a solid tank will be tough to stop form getting those orbs to the side. And it's not like you can just dog pile them because you'll need someone guarding your node or you'll lose your points. I'm already planning on waiting in stealth outside the middle on my Shadow once the wave comes, Pull > Stun > Speed for some last second points. I can see a lot of stealth last second double caps with a Shadow or Scoundrel sacrificing themselves to double cap and drop the points at the end. So many new mechanics and strategies to think about/try out!

I'm excited for this WZ and thanks as always for the info Dulfy.

6 sec cap time on nodes according to the preview, stealth classes are going to dominate.

Definitely. I can lift someone on my Shadow and if I'm quick enough to start the cap I can have it done just as the person comes down. So this will be no problem, especially if I stun > start cap > opponent uses breaker > insta-lift > that's my node now. Two guards will be an absolute necessity as well as good discipline on breaker use.

EDIT: Mind maze > start cap > break CC (or not and it's mine) > insta-lift > my node now. QQ incoming.

Edited by Capt_Beers

I wish they'd create a WZ that didn't require 1-2 people to defend an objective, and everyone can just kill each other.

There is one. Its called Outlaws Den.

Grant it. You'll have to travel there on your own rather than just click a button and be thrown in; but its there. There's no reward for it outside of a child's laughter; but isn't that the best reward of all?

At least with the Gree orbs, it' not an automatic win for a stealth team. More like 80% chance. Unless of course they missed the obvious tactic of stealthing while carrying the orb. Please tell me that stealthing while carrying the orb causes you to lose the orb, just like when carrying the Huttball. Otherwise right back to the 100% win rate for a stealth team.

Also does your movement rate drop when carryng the orb (like Huttball)?

And when/where do players who have been killed respawn?

At least with the Gree orbs, it' not an automatic win for a stealth team. More like 80% chance. Unless of course they missed the obvious tactic of stealthing while carrying the orb. Please tell me that stealthing while carrying the orb causes you to lose the orb, just like when carrying the Huttball. Otherwise right back to the 100% win rate for a stealth team. seems orb carrier cannot be in stealth

Also does your movement rate drop when carryng the orb (like Huttball)? Doesn't appear so, but it may reduce you to in combat speed, aka not sprint

And when/where do players who have been killed respawn?dulfy's blog shows the deets, best resource for the map and such

in red

There is one. Its called Outlaws Den.

Grant it. You'll have to travel there on your own rather than just click a button and be thrown in; but its there. There's no reward for it outside of a child's laughter; but isn't that the best reward of all?

^ Bahahaha!

On a more serious note, thanks Dulfy for another great and timely resource.

And when/where do players who have been killed respawn?dulfy's blog shows the deets, best resource for the map and such

Dulfy's doesn't mention anything about how often respawns occur. Are you dead for the duration of the mini-round? Dead with a slight delay to arrival in respawn loft (as in Alderaan)? Dead with a possible delay until a gate opens (as in Novare)? Or back immediately (as when attacking in Voidstar)

Dulfy's doesn't mention anything about how often respawns occur. Are you dead for the duration of the mini-round? Dead with a slight delay to arrival in respawn loft (as in Alderaan)? Dead with a possible delay until a gate opens (as in Novare)? Or back immediately (as when attacking in Voidstar)

i don't have the time right now because I'm at work but you can go to youtube and watch vids of the WZ

You are not dead for the duration of the mini round. If you die, you can go back to your spawn area and wait for the force field to open again like in Novare