PVP Gearing Stats for Concentration/Fury

Viraxis

I have been researching gearing stats online and see some contradictory or for the most part out of date information. NOne of the guides take into account the new 240 rating augments.

Is 1800 crit rating (40%) the soft DR cap and what we should be striving for? I currently have 47% which I know now is way to high. Should I back that down to 40%?

From reading, it seems Alacrity is the next stat to go after. Once again I see conflicting information. Where do I need to be on Alacrity? I was planning on switching out some of my Crit to Alacrity to get better balanced but I am thinking that might be too much Alacrity. What is a good target for Alacrity?

Assuming I have Crit and Alacrity where it needs to be, I was going to put the rest into Power.

Any help from you pvp fury/concentration experts would be greatly appreciated.

So this thread is a good place to start for the high alacrity or high crit builds. However what I personally do its a balance. I like having a min alacrity of 10%. In full 248 gear with 240 augments I have over 11%. I personally believe that 15% is a waste and pushes too high in the dr. For my stat build I take 1 accuracy enhancement, 3 alacrity enhancements, and the rest crit (basically replace the boots to crit.) The ear piece and implants count as enhancements. Ie ear piece is alacrity and the implants are crit. For augments I take 5 alacrity, 1 Crit, and 8 Mastery.

Anything less then 10% alacrity and I feel way to slow.

Edited by Ld-Siris

if you're not familiar with the alacrity thresholds read this thread on reddit:

it will explain why I responded to the first poster in the way I did

I run the first threshold (7.15% or 703+ alac rating) for dps in PVP. I think this threshold makes sense because you'll never have the rotational perfection and uptime in pvp that makes the higher alacrity build so good on a dummy but going no alacrity at all is slow and is awkward for the stat pool. The middle tier gives you some of the cooldown reduction related bonuses of alacrity at better bang for your buck without also putting you in an awkward spot for the stat pool.

Also running like 2K crit on fury is absolutely fine (see this reddit post for more info on that:

).

So this thread is a good place to start for the high alacrity or high crit builds. However what I personally do its a balance. I like having a min alacrity of 10%. In full 248 gear with 240 augments I have over 11%. I personally believe that 15% is a waste and pushes too high in the dr. For my stat build I take 1 accuracy enhancement, 3 alacrity enhancements, and the rest crit (basically replace the boots to crit.) The ear piece and implants count as enhancements. Ie ear piece is alacrity and the implants are crit. For augments I take 5 alacrity, 1 Crit, and 8 Mastery.

Anything less then 10% alacrity and I feel way to slow.

the 3-4 percent between the 7.15% that you actually need for the first threshold and your 11% is doing more or less nothing. you have a 1.4s gcd either way, neither is faster than the other

Edited by yellow_