Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

tank grinding in dps gear

Olteron
07.29.2014 , 03:19 PM | #1
I'm a dps guardian. Never tried tanking. And will be awhile to gear for it. I was wondering if it was viable or a good idea to run dailies in tank spec while geared for dps.

discosoc
07.29.2014 , 05:07 PM | #2
It's been a while since I had a max-level tank, but based on what I'm experiencing right now, I'd say you're better off going with tank gear. A lot of the tank abilities and talents work off things like defense chances and stuff. Being in DPS gear means your basic attacks will be a little better, but you'll be generating less focus and doing less Blade Storms and stuff.

If I were in your situation, I'd just spec into DPS while doing dallies, until you get at least half of your mods related to defense/shield/absorb. Then spec into tank.

Draqsko
08.02.2014 , 04:21 PM | #3
I do dailies in tank spec with DPS gear, they go much faster. I wouldn't do HM FPs or Ops in anything but tank gear though.

VitalityPrime
08.02.2014 , 04:48 PM | #4
I run all solo PvE in Soresu with Focus spec and DPS gear.

It allows me to tank for Kira or Doc (if I ever need him) and still do great damage...and then I can just easily switch to Shii-Cho for whenever I team with other players.
"A great leap forward often requires first taking two steps back"
"And sometimes all it requires is the will to jump"