What level gear for Nightmare Explosive Conflict?

As per the title. I really want the tank mount that drops from this Operation, and I figure that gives me a good long-term goal. What level gear should I shoot for before attempting to join a run on this content?

Recommended by the game? Optimized 150s (dread guard gear)

Recommended by players? If you can follow mechanics, Optimized 150s. If not, you aint gonna down it.

Optimized 156s with the set bonus from 146s does work too though, and optimized 162s+ is just overkill.

Recommended by the game? Optimized 150s (dread guard gear)

Recommended by players? If you can follow mechanics, Optimized 150s. If not, you aint gonna down it.

Optimized 156s with the set bonus from 146s does work too though, and optimized 162s+ is just overkill.

So, HM FPs and Elite comms if I want to be certain not to drag the group down. Does your answer change if I'm a tank?

Honestly, it's lvl 50 content so you should easily be able to do this if you know your class, understand the mechanics and have at least some decent lvl 50 gear. We did it back on lvl 50 with 28khp on tank, so if you are above that in terms of HP and know that your gear is statbalanced you will be fine. Mechanics are the hard part, everything else is secondary. Edited by RikuvonDrake

Honestly, it's lvl 50 content so you should easily be able to do this if you know your class, understand the mechanics and have at least some decent lvl 50 gear. We did it back on lvl 50 with 28khp on tank, so if you are above that in terms of HP and know that your gear is statbalanced you will be fine. Mechanics are the hard part, everything else is secondary.

Ah, OK, well that's no problem. Mechanics would be the hardest part like you said... well that and getting gear that doesn't have alacrity and accuracy on it!

What the heck is glance rating? I can't say I've EVER seen that before. A typo for shield rating?

Yeah torhead tends to call shield rating glance rating no idea why.

Apparently in beta, Absorb was called glance to prevent confusion with absorbed damage, but then they changed it, but that explanation doesn't go with it.

Either way, those are the enhancements you can buy that are really good and dont have accuracy/alacrity. Alternatively, buy a ton of Oriconian Boots, as they have shield/absorb on them.

Either way, those are the enhancements you can buy that are really good and dont have accuracy/alacrity. Alternatively, buy a ton of Oriconian Boots, as they have shield/absorb on them.

^^^ This. I completed upgrading my Guardian's Mods and Enhancements to 180s buying Boots and Gloves (100 Ultis each).

Heh if you want to PUG it, you better make sure that everyone is in 180 gear. The amount of derping I've seen in PUGs is unbelievable. Like on the first boss, the amount of people not using a med pack even though you've told them 5 times before hand is just ridiculous. I don't even want to think about PUGinng NIM Firebrand and Stormcaller.

Heh if you want to PUG it, you better make sure that everyone is in 180 gear. The amount of derping I've seen in PUGs is unbelievable. Like on the first boss, the amount of people not using a med pack even though you've told them 5 times before hand is just ridiculous. I don't even want to think about PUGinng NIM Firebrand and Stormcaller.

Full 180s wont save you from the ridiculous amount of insta-kill mechanics in it. The enrage timer was rarely ever a problem.

EC isn't an op that needs a certain gear lvl. You could be 150, 156, 168, or even full Dread Forged.

But if you don't follow the mechanics a group in any lvl of gear is gonna wipe.

We managed Toth and Zorn HM with one RDPS... We still had a wipe before though and the trash was a pain.