Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Boost Lightning Strike

ShupFace
12.08.2012 , 01:06 AM | #1
I hope they boost Lightning Strike at some point so it's not a DPS loss. I want to play this build.

Affliction > Polarity Shift > Force Lightning > (Wrath) Lightning Strike > (Lightning Storm) Chain Lightning

Plus extra damage from Lightning Barrage and Forked Lightning...

fungihoujo
12.08.2012 , 03:48 AM | #2
The damage from everything in the lightning tree is simply bad. LS does way too little damage for what it is, CL also does way too little damage, and TB is such a joke I don't think I've even seen someone take it in pvp.

All three need big buffs to be made viable.

-Sullster-
12.08.2012 , 05:18 AM | #3
I agree although personally I just wish there was a high up ability in the lightning tree that enabled you to use lightning strike on the move. A lot of MMO's I have played have had a key move such as this with the same cast time or a minor time increase penalty but able to cast on the move. My Squig herder in Warhammer was a perfect example. Not as much of a DPS increase as a fixed increase but so many times I'm using lightning strike and have to move due to AOE/Cone Craziness losing DPS in the process. I also think the "Forked Lightning" proc could do with a damage/% Proc increase. 30 for both seems a little low.

verfallen
12.08.2012 , 05:12 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by -Sullster- View Post
I agree although personally I just wish there was a high up ability in the lightning tree that enabled you to use lightning strike on the move. A lot of MMO's I have played have had a key move such as this with the same cast time or a minor time increase penalty but able to cast on the move. My Squig herder in Warhammer was a perfect example. Not as much of a DPS increase as a fixed increase but so many times I'm using lightning strike and have to move due to AOE/Cone Craziness losing DPS in the process. I also think the "Forked Lightning" proc could do with a damage/% Proc increase. 30 for both seems a little low.
It is lacking. Currently you can compare this technique for lightning to a poor tracer missile (1,5 sec cast force/tech kinetic/energy)

However, TM crits more and for twice the damage. We cannot make it baseline that powerful, obviously, but it needs a damage buff, and a talent making it significantly better in the lightning tree, with a better chance of proccing Lightning storm (around 45ish% up from 30) and forked lightning (60ish % imo).

If force master set bonus boosted crit chance like merc's set or crit damage from it, it would be much better than the pointless force cost reduction it has currently.

Do watch out so damage on it doesnt become stupidly OP for wrath hybrids tough (20% damage increase on wrath insta-cast)

Slowpokeking
12.08.2012 , 05:28 PM | #5
Lightning strike is weird, just like JC's Telekinetic Throw. Jedi should only have Disturbance and Sith should only have Force Lightning.