"You do not have the appropriate crafting table"

Zekag

Hey

When i try to craft something i get a message saying "You do not have the appropriate crafting table". This is only the case for biochem. Bioanalysis and diplomacy works fine.

Has anyone else experienced the same problem?

PS: I'm currently in the middle of KOTET.. might that be the problem?

Thanks in advance :)

Edited by Zekag

Hey

When i try to craft something i get a message saying "You do not have the appropriate crafting table". This is only the case for biochem. Bioanalysis and diplomacy works fine.

Has anyone else experienced the same problem?

PS: I'm currently in the middle of KOTET.. might that be the problem?

Thanks in advance :)

Are you trying to craft something from your "archive"?

Are you trying to craft something from your "archive"?

No, I am just trying to craft "Dielectric Cell Graft". (Grade 1 for biochem. Bioanalysis and Diplomacy is 600, so there shouldn't be a problem. And nothing else works either..)

KOTET SPOILER:

I'm currently in the middle of KOTET, so some of my companions are inactive, which is the only reason that i can think of.

No, I am just trying to craft "Dielectric Cell Graft". (Grade 1 for biochem. Bioanalysis and Diplomacy is 600, so there shouldn't be a problem. And nothing else works either..)

KOTET SPOILER:

I'm currently in the middle of KOTET, so some of my companions are inactive, which is the only reason that i can think of.

Whenever I do story content, I do not use my companions at all for crew skills. Was burned once, and learned my lesson. Between chapters is OK, but as soon as I start a chapter I do send companions out.

• 1 year later...

I realize this was a necro, and that the poster above me solved the issue. But, crafting tables are located on your player starship, and it occurred to me that perhaps the reason why the original poster was getting that error message was due to the fact that they were playing a KOTFE chapter before Ch. 9 when you get your ship back.

It’s certainly a lot less wasted time, materials, and credits to go through Kotfe 9 rather than drop a 600 skill, especially if you have learned schematics along the way.

I realize this was a necro, and that the poster above me solved the issue. But, crafting tables are located on your player starship, and it occurred to me that perhaps the reason why the original poster was getting that error message was due to the fact that they were playing a KOTFE chapter before Ch. 9 when you get your ship back.

It’s certainly a lot less wasted time, materials, and credits to go through Kotfe 9 rather than drop a 600 skill, especially if you have learned schematics along the way.

This is the kind of Necromancy I'd love to see more of... I never knew of this issue, and now that I do I can help others with it.

Well done!

"It’s certainly a lot less wasted time, materials, and credits to go through Kotfe 9 rather than drop a 600 skill, especially if you have learned schematics along the way."

I can only speak to what the person I was helping told me. The crafting table being on the personal starship was something that had, indeed, occurred to me. I directed them to try going to their personal starship and deploying their companions from there, but no luck. They did say that they had access to their personal starship, however. Again, taking their word in that department. Additionally, they had been receiving the crafting table message ever since they had picked up the biochem skill, so it was thankfully still sitting at zero, and dropping it in order to pick it back up was an easy test, in this case. :)