Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

[Guide/Video] Min-Maxing DPS, Stat / Gear Check

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Shadow / Assassin
[Guide/Video] Min-Maxing DPS, Stat / Gear Check

sithloardbob's Avatar


sithloardbob
07.11.2013 , 12:26 PM | #31
http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/skills/A...2222-210012223

Is also a decent spec to play for dps, like on Voidstar Provides a little bit more pressure and you can still do amazing amounts of burst

also the 2.0 wakajin spec
http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/skills/a...222-2210012223

both are good, yes full deception/infil have great 1v1 burst but honestly these 2 specs provide more sustained dmg and can provide more pressure like in voidstar or novare
Palmsolo
The Bastion Hey Im MVP
Bastion's Number one Sap Capee

Xinika's Avatar


Xinika
07.12.2013 , 11:18 AM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by sithloardbob View Post
http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/skills/A...2222-210012223

Is also a decent spec to play for dps, like on Voidstar Provides a little bit more pressure and you can still do amazing amounts of burst

also the 2.0 wakajin spec
http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/skills/a...222-2210012223

both are good, yes full deception/infil have great 1v1 burst but honestly these 2 specs provide more sustained dmg and can provide more pressure like in voidstar or novare
Pure Deception does more sustained damage than its hybrids. The hybrid specs at this point have become a bit outdated. Though, they are useable, they are not optimal as they once were.
Assassin Representative
Aeonneta | Shinarika | Semjase
Guides - Videos - Action

sithloardbob's Avatar


sithloardbob
07.12.2013 , 11:39 AM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by Xinika View Post
Pure Deception does more sustained damage than its hybrids. The hybrid specs at this point have become a bit outdated. Though, they are useable, they are not optimal as they once were.
ehhhhh. from playing the class as dps in ranked .. the hybrid is a lot more valuable than pure deception, the extra AoE pressure and you can keep going and dont have to slow down lol.....ive playe both full decpetion and hybrid and for sure hybrid is better... you still have the burst and you still dish out the dmg.. like i said full deception is good for a 1v1 fight but hybrid is better in a team situation provides better utility and better dmg for the team and you can maintain the dmg a lot better than full... just throwing in my 2 cents
Palmsolo
The Bastion Hey Im MVP
Bastion's Number one Sap Capee

Pagy's Avatar


Pagy
07.12.2013 , 09:12 PM | #34
if i have full ranked/wz commendations when hitting lvl 55, how should i spend them?

Mordarion's Avatar


Mordarion
07.13.2013 , 10:23 AM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by Pagy View Post
if i have full ranked/wz commendations when hitting lvl 55, how should i spend them?
I will make a suggestion...

Spend you wzs comms on your weapon first. We are a dps class .

As for RWZ comms, I have always bought my ear, implants and relic first as they do not need the partisan equivalent as a trade in.

Wiser people than me may feel free to correct if I have misspoken... .
<Rapid Serenity>... on Darth Malgus

TLCuddy's Avatar


TLCuddy
07.22.2013 , 09:21 PM | #36
Quote: Originally Posted by Mordarion View Post
I will make a suggestion...

Spend you wzs comms on your weapon first. We are a dps class .

As for RWZ comms, I have always bought my ear, implants and relic first as they do not need the partisan equivalent as a trade in.

Wiser people than me may feel free to correct if I have misspoken... .
No you're correct, if you're maxed out on RWZ and WZ comms you'll have enough to get the Conq implants and Ear piece, and you should, then focus getting gear as you see fit. I went full left side, including MH and then moved over to right!

mulzii's Avatar


mulzii
07.23.2013 , 12:53 PM | #37
Quote: Originally Posted by TLCuddy View Post
No you're correct, if you're maxed out on RWZ and WZ comms you'll have enough to get the Conq implants and Ear piece, and you should, then focus getting gear as you see fit. I went full left side, including MH and then moved over to right!
i do this as well. Once you use all your saved up ranked on ear and 2ximplants, buy 2 pieces of partisan gear for the 2-set bonus. Then do weekly/dailies buying partisan gear with regular. once you have enough ranked from dailies, get the relics. I usually get the weapon after the 4-set bonus (getting 4 non-chest pieces) and save the offhand for last, but thats just me.

Xinika's Avatar


Xinika
07.23.2013 , 02:29 PM | #38
OP Updated. PvE Essentials added.
Assassin Representative
Aeonneta | Shinarika | Semjase
Guides - Videos - Action

Belgaer's Avatar


Belgaer
07.25.2013 , 06:45 PM | #39
Okay, so I have to ask... And I hope this is an okay place to ask. If not, sorry. What's the standard PvE spec these days? Before 2.0, it was Madness or nothing, basically. But with the removal of Maul/Shadow Strike, I feel like it's much weaker. On dummies, I'm parsing a good 15% less on Madness than Deception. Mind you, it's in the same gear. But I was told multiple times by different people that Assassins/Shadows still run Madness/Balance in progression ops. I've got 99.8% Acc (109.something force acc), 24.9% crit with Smuggler buff, only 65% or so Surge (working on that, which might be the culprit, but you'd think it'd hurt Deception just as much), just under 2400 Willpower, and about 1500 mainhand max damage. My rotations fit the suggested rotations in this thread, although I would argue that Discharge (x3) should always come before Shock so that you can get another stack of Static, or 2 stacks if you proc Chain Shock in order to keep your Discharges coming. Was I given bad information, or is Madness just useless in PvE outside of needing the extra area effect damage output?

Xinika's Avatar


Xinika
07.27.2013 , 10:20 AM | #40
Quote: Originally Posted by Belgaer View Post
Okay, so I have to ask... And I hope this is an okay place to ask. If not, sorry. What's the standard PvE spec these days? Was I given bad information, or is Madness just useless in PvE outside of needing the extra area effect damage output?
Both Sin specs are behind in terms of damage. So to answer your question, I believe you were given bad information. Madness is still being used as the primary progression spec with Deception lagging not too far behind.
Assassin Representative
Aeonneta | Shinarika | Semjase
Guides - Videos - Action