Black/Black Dye

VitalityPrime

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, it's about time. Prices for the B/B are sky high right now. A CM cycle would drive them way down again.

None of which will stop the complaining about price in the CM and in game though. :p

Personally, I will never complain about either the price on the CM or the GTN.

It's just that when it comes to the look of my character...I'm really a "right here, right now" type of person.

I want a certain look while leveling and progressing through the story.

I don't want to have to run through story and level to max just to be able to grind for the 4+ million credits needed to get the look I want.

Granted, I have no real problem with the price on the GTN...it's just that, at that point...there is really no reason for the dye.

I would much rather spend the $20 now and actually enjoy the story.

That's just me though.

I'd like to see these rare dyes added on rotation like the bounty week event. Say a couple days a month said dye is for sale, then on to the next and the next and so on. It will keep them rare but accessable.

Yeah, I kind of get the idea that this is their plan (based on the last premium dye cycle that ran on the CM recently).

The real question seems to be the timing interval. I think they should just announce an interval and stick with it, even if they don't specify which dyes are posted in advance.

Personally, I think they are deliberately walking a delicate line on this. Why? Because if they list them too often, the in game trade prices plummet and people who bought them all along at large premiums will be filling the forum with tears and anguish.

Edited by Andryah

I wish people would stop supporting such a horrible dye system.

At this point...I highly, highly doubt we will ever get them to let us dye our looks for free.

I'm a realist...I'm not going to sit here and complain about something that's not going to change...and then be all upset about it.

I going to buy the damn item for the price it's set at and have fun right now.

To each their own.

at this point...i highly, highly doubt we will ever get them to let us dye our looks for free.

I'm a realist...i'm not going to sit here and complain about something that's not going to change...and then be all upset about it.

To each their own.

+1 :)

I have no interest in black/black.

But could we please have several other combinations that exclude black and white but still look good together?

I mean, purple-pink? Red-green? Really? Are there any gear sets those look good on?

Red-Green dyes would look good on BH gear (Boba Fett), Purple-Pink would look good for female Sith, and Black-Black would look good on most imperial characters, and troopers and smugglers.

But I will never pay the prices on GTN for them, they really are too high.

At this point...I highly, highly doubt we will ever get them to let us dye our looks for free.

I'm a realist...I'm not going to sit here and complain about something that's not going to change...and then be all upset about it.

To each their own.

if people stop purchasing the dyes at 15 dollars for a single use, they will stop selling them at that price.

Yeah, I kind of get the idea that this is their plan (based on the last premium dye cycle that ran on the CM recently).

The real question seems to be the timing interval. I think they should just announce an interval and stick with it, even if they don't specify which dyes are posted in advance.

Personally, I think they are deliberately walking a delicate line on this. Why? Because if they list them too often, the in game trade prices plummet and people who bought them all along at large premiums will be filling the forum with tears and anguish.

But our forums are usually filled with tears and anguish because someone didn't get their way. More frequently is fine by me, when I finally need one I'll buy it.

I have no interest in black/black.

But could we please have several other combinations that exclude black and white but still look good together?

I mean, purple-pink? Red-green? Really? Are there any gear sets those look good on?

I have no personal use for Black/Black either. But I do like a number of the dyes where black or white forms one of the two colors.

And yes.. there are some seriously ugly color combinations IMO.

But I disagree that there are not other good dye combinations already in release, many at reasonable prices on the GTN too. I personally find the White/LightOrange, LightOrange/White, Blue/Black, Black/Blue, DarkBlue/LightBrown, and DarkGreen/MediumBrown to work very well with many gear sets.

I've not been impressed by many of the newer dyes released through the cartel packs, but I have to say the recent DeepBrown/Black is nice as well.

On a different note, I am making a truck load of money buying and relisting dyes these days. The market prices vary greatly over time on Harbinger and there is a lot of money to be made by simply keeping tabs on the market and buying bargains and holding them for later relisting.

Edited by Andryah

• Dev Post
Please put up the black/black dye cartel market item during the double xp weekend.

That is all, thank you.

Coincidentally, we had already planned to bring black/black dye back during double XP! I don't have the exact timing in hand right now, but you will see the black/black then. I will let you know when I get more details.

-eric

Coincidentally, we had already planned to bring black/black dye back during double XP! I don't have the exact timing in hand right now, but you will see the black/black then. I will let you know when I get more details.

-eric

We getting White/White too? I wanna make me a Star Forge robe, seeing as it doesnt seem to be coming out any time soon...

-eric

Presumably that will be followed by white/white? Just throwing that question out there because... well, tbh, that is the color I'm looking for. :D

• Dev Post
We getting White/White too? I wanna make me a Star Forge robe, seeing as it doesnt seem to be coming out any time soon...

Yup! In fact I actually just got the entire schedule:

Black // Dark Purple - 11AM CST Tuesday 11/26 - 11AM CST Wednesday 11/27

Black // White - 11AM CST Wednesday 11/27 - 11AM CST Thursday 11/28

White // White - 11AM CST Thursday 11/28 - 11AM CST Friday 11/29

Black // Black - 11AM CST Friday 11/29 - 11AM CST Sunday 12/1

White // Black - 11AM CST Sunday 12/1 - Maintenance on Tuesday 12/3

Thanks everyone!

-eric

Yup! In fact I actually just got the entire schedule:

Black // Dark Purple - 11AM CST Tuesday 11/26 - 11AM CST Wednesday 11/27

Black // White - 11AM CST Wednesday 11/27 - 11AM CST Thursday 11/28

White // White - 11AM CST Thursday 11/28 - 11AM CST Friday 11/29

Black // Black - 11AM CST Friday 11/29 - 11AM CST Sunday 12/1

White // Black - 11AM CST Sunday 12/1 - Maintenance on Tuesday 12/3

Thanks everyone!

-eric

Thank you.

Yeah, it's about time. Prices for the B/B are sky high right now. A CM cycle would drive them way down again.

None of which will stop the complaining about price in the CM and in game though. :p

Way down? Guess that depends on your definition of "way down". During the brief windows that they've had these dyes on the CM, it's not like the GTN became flooded with them...and certainly not at bargain prices. People spending that much in CC to buy something to sell on the GTN are usually trying to maximize their credit profit and not just giving away the stuff at discount prices.