Overload/force wave nerf

crunchbarry

I disagree with this and think this ability should not be changed.

I'm glad you decided to add constructive reasons and explain why you feel this way. Great post here kid, the devs will just skip right over this and not even think twice.

edit - I like the changes btw, it adds more skill to the game.

Edited by FourTwent

I think they're trying to replace the community by making one class quit at a time. Previous nerfs didnt scare off all the sorcs/sages so they initiated step 2 of their plan. It's the only explanation I can come up with.

It's not even good for PvE. here's a couple of scenarios on what will happen in PvE:

*You will have to chase enemies every time you use it.

*Force in balance will no longer be an option after that you've used FW.

*You will send enemies off ledges/cliffs more often. This will result in one of the following:

1. The enemies die and you miss out on loot/you have to work your way down the cliff to get it

2. The enemies don't die but aggro two more mobs on their way back

3. Your companion takes off and one of you die.

Edited by MidichIorian

I'm glad you decided to add constructive reasons and explain why you feel this way. Great post here kid, the devs will just skip right over this and not even think twice.

Um. Because it is simply not needed? Because Sorcs are for the most part fine as they are? Guardians have AoE mezz. Ops/smugs have AoE mezz. Why can't sorcs have AoE knockback? Get off your high horse, kid.

Actually, it reduces the amount of skill needed to go against the Consular. Smart melee DPS currently use their gap closers right after a force wave. With only a frontal cone to worry about, they just need to join in a gank fest.

The major problem I have with the change is ;

Most of the enemies I wish to hit with this skill will be behind me. I can hook jump turn cast when not stunned but I would prefer the cone to be behind me....

but much like other skills changed to suit metrics, some will take it off the skill bar entirely, some will use it and some will leave the game shaking their heads in disbelief.

For me I will try it out. I would advise the balance team to play the game alongside actual players a few hours and ask their opinions though.

I would also like to see ALL Aoes changed to 120 degrees frontal as well and check to see if the same posters jump in saying " good move increases skill factor".

Edited by Elkirin

I disagree with this and think this ability should not be changed.

I don't like the change either. It says it's for PvP, so I guess that means they think its fine for PvE but has to be changed because someone doesn't like it in PvP. :/

In the threads I've read about the upcoming changes, no one has even mentioned that they feel like it needs changed as another class fighting against someone using this ability.

Who even wanted this change?

Don't see the problem. I have a Sage myself and a lot of you are simply complaining for the sake of doing so. It is an instant ability and no way is it difficult to turn your camera to face your enemy for a milli-second to cast the ability and then turn.

Hell they even reduced the CD of Force Speed to help with this.

Complain more kids.

Edited by stephenjohnp

From another thread:

The changes for DPS sorcs are bad. Very bad.

Most DPS sorcs rely on insta-cast spells or channeled spells that have no cooldown. If you want to play a DPS with big activation times, there are other classes that have it and can deal bigger hits. We exchange big hits for extreme mobility and lots of utility (pulls, stuns, roots, mez, force speed, etc) with the occassional heal spell. So now if I spec high in lightning I can be un-interrupted for 10 seconds.....I'm never interrupted anyway as everything is instant cast or channeled with no cooldown....useless for Hybrid/Madness, only useful for those rare folks who spec very high in lightning (why?).

Look at the changes. We get force speed to 20 seconds....I already spec for the 20-second force speed. No mention if that goes to 10 seconds now. This would be a modest boost if it does; if not then it's meh, nothing.

We got our stun reduced to 10 meters from 30 meters. Since some players have 30m range to hit you, sometimes a stun was what was needed. Now they can still hit you from 30m range, but you can't stun them. Clearly this lowers our survivability.

We got overload reduced to frontal 120-degree arc instead of 360-degree arc. This is a pretty big nerf, as anyone chasing you can still chase you, or you have to turn and face them, which just allows them to hit you a few more times than they would have if you had a 360-degree knockback + root. If they are surrounding you, you're now doomed.

In exchange, we get a modest insta-cast heal every 30 seconds...which probably activates your global cooldown. No word yet on what "modest" is, but ranked warzone groups don't want a dps that has a good heal ability...anything less than 5k is useless; I suspect it will remain well short of that.

Without a major increase in damage, the class went from being considered mildly underpowered to now a joke. This pretty much forces sorcs to go healing; my operative healer already heals for 500-700k per warzone, so not sure why I should play a sorc at all then.

Don't see the problem. I have a Sage myself and a lot of you are simply complaining for the sake of doing so. It is an instant ability and no way is it difficult to turn your camera to face your enemy for a milli-second to cast the ability and then turn.

Hell they even reduced the CD of Force Speed to help with this.

Complain more kids.

a 120 degree cone doesn't equal an AoE knockback. the amount of "skill" required is irrelevant. yeah. have fun with that. :)

For me this is a buff.

I can't tell you the amount of times I've tried to shunt someone off the edge of a ledge and due to the fact that the animation has to play out before the knockback effect is triggered they move slightly and they'd be fine.

Now that it is instant, I will never have this problem again.

Cry more.

Edited by stephenjohnp

I would just like to say that as a melee DPS class I already *** pwn sorcs. If I see a Sorc in a warzone it is auto aggro. They are destroyed fast. Even geared sorcs. If the Sorc is DPS... LOLz. I may lose but only if the Sorc is healing/getting heals and somebody has a guard on it. This nerf is a joke.

For me this is a buff.

I can't tell you the amount of times I've tried to shunt someone off the edge of a ledge and due to the fact that the animation has to play out before the knockback effect is triggered they move slightly and they'd be fine.

Cry more.

You also send them flying farther, you miss out on pushing several people off the ledge, but now you can send that one guy screaming to his death for sure

You also send them flying farther, you miss out on pushing several people off the ledge, but now you can send that one guy screaming to his death for sure

It's a conal, and since you have a decrease CD on Force Speed, you can easily maneuver yourself to knockback most of them.

Cry more.

For me this is a buff.

Cry more.

What happened is some kids cried about getting knocked off ledges because they are just bad. That is part of the game, and so they nerfed your class. Have fun with that.

Its a cone, it still pushes multiple people. They have to be bunched up inside the cone but heck, they have to be bunched up now as well to all fly off, you just don't have to aim the blast.

This is only a nerf in hutball where you can stand on places where there's a ledge to fall off of on all sides. And the sorcsage puntcheese was and is one of the major gripes with that map for the vast majority of players.

Edited by aeterno

Something had to be done for PVP. PVP is horrible in this game IMO, and this is one of the reasons why.

Naturally since this is Bioware they had to do it wrong. After all, why break with tradition? Take two of the most fun mechanics you have in the game for solo play and tear them to shreds for the sake of another style of play...PVP.

Oh, and we have to add the sauce...ignore the fact that almost every major AAA MMO has realized that you can not nerf one play style for the sake of another and now simply use different mechanics or blocks/limits for other playstyles on the specials.

Naturally in 2004 there was nothing like that. Which is why it's not being done here ;)

Its a cone, it still pushes multiple people. They have to be bunched up inside the cone but heck, they have to be bunched up now as well to all fly off, you just don't have to aim the blast.

This is only a nerf in hutball where you can stand on places where there's a ledge to fall off of on all sides. And the sorcsage puntcheese was and is one of the major gripes with that map for the vast majority of players.

Might as well nerf classes pulling people into the fire pits while we're at it. I think we should just take that **** out of the game. Clearly OP.