Premades are ruining non-ranked warzones

Monoth

making a premade vs. not doing so has nothing whatsoever to do with pvping correctly. fyi: there be some horrid premades that definitely don't pvp "correctly."

i was referring to them as separate conditions. didnt mean for them to appear linked because yes i have found myself in groups with guild that runs with 5 all the time and i can honestly say i have never won a game when they are in it because they are all that bad. then if you call them out on it they blame you even if you score is better than all 5 of them combined :\

what it should have looked like is

1. make a premade to counter theirs - voice chat helps clearly

2. l2pvp correctly - go for the objective and take charge l2tell others to do something.

when you call out something people follow that lead and start to all as well i have noticed. also do NOT rely on others to mark healers. the second you see a dedicated healer mark that bastard and also mark any bubble stunners, that way you can focus them as well before the bub-stuns get rediculous.

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fine pionts Attrum but regardless of skill, etc. those people have just as much right to have fun as you do. As it is now the average casual player can not have fun.

To make matters worse, the skilled player with a decent irl has a lot of issues as well. This person can either make a good premade and just have very little challenge most of the time, make a premade with friends of random gear/classes, or pug and face a lot of premades with great gear and most importantly great class composition.

The first option would quickly get boring for most competitive pvpr's with a decent irl (happened to me for example).

The second option is what I spend a decent portion of time on and I enjoy it a lot (I am still playing far too much so I obviously do lol) but again most decent players that want competition don't want this type of premade all the time as they want to have.....COMPETITION!

The final option is what I spend the majority of my time doing and I enjoy it but it can get annoying and if you are just an average player or someone who doesn't believe in dropping the obvious super q vs. 3+recruit matches it can get very tedious very fast.

What we really need is a good system of premade matching. Something where the wait time for premades does not go over 10minutes but the system at least tries to find premades first.

Failing this we need a solo only option and also an option for ranked teams of 2-8. To make the ranked teams work better it would also allow solo q'rs a ranked option.

The rank option for solo q'rs would have a stat requirements and 2 tiers of stats. It would also take a few tiers of ranking into account. If you solo q'd rank you would also be in the regular solo q, however if a ranked team only needs 1 more to fill it up the system would search these q'rs and try to find someone with the highest in both of these categories. The ranked system after a few minutes could also pick up more than one from the dual solo q'rs.

I am rather sure this could work on most populated servers most of the time. It would be great for casuals and for pvpr's that want good competition.

they do have a system that tries to place premades together first... have you ever been in que with 3+ people and noticed how much longer it takes? ill bet you havnt,

also, you can complain that premades ruin "your" fun all you want but the funny thing is how you seem to act like what you want is what "the average player" wants. im sorry but i did not see a poll with "the average player" completely agreeing to your ideas at all. why is that? because you throw words in other peoples mouths and pretend what you want is golden. that is why bio/ea dont care and will never listen to you.

In all honesty i pug every match i play. I never run in premades and i still finish every single weekly in 1 day.

I also had a full set of BM in 2 weeks when it was on the roulette system. I only have 1 of my toons in full WH but have no problems with the other 2 getting their weeklys done.

the fact of the matter is that you are bad and need a premade to carry you clearly. you act like its because the other team is premade but when you have a thread with hundreds of people saying your wrong its time to move on and either

1. quit pvp - we would all hope for this from you

2. quit swtor- this or 1 would suffice

3. deal with it

4. get good

might i suggest one of the following:

- get better

- make friends

- join a PvP guild

else, you are going to continue to be sorely disappointed

It won't stop the elite PvP guilds going for normal warzones in an ops group of 8 for ****z and gigglz and lulz and eazy commz. I cannot recount how many times I've seen ALL the enemies with the same guild tag in a normal warzone. Until we get cross-server queues and these people go into rated or all the frustrated puggers quit the game, this thread will just keep getting more bloated.

We can place bets on which one is going to happen sooner.

they do have a system that tries to place premades together first... have you ever been in que with 3+ people and noticed how much longer it takes? ill bet you havnt,

also, you can complain that premades ruin "your" fun all you want but the funny thing is how you seem to act like what you want is what "the average player" wants. im sorry but i did not see a poll with "the average player" completely agreeing to your ideas at all. why is that? because you throw words in other peoples mouths and pretend what you want is golden. that is why bio/ea dont care and will never listen to you.

In all honesty i pug every match i play. I never run in premades and i still finish every single weekly in 1 day.

I also had a full set of BM in 2 weeks when it was on the roulette system. I only have 1 of my toons in full WH but have no problems with the other 2 getting their weeklys done.

the fact of the matter is that you are bad and need a premade to carry you clearly. you act like its because the other team is premade but when you have a thread with hundreds of people saying your wrong its time to move on and either

3. deal with it

4. get good

There we have the queen bee of troll's..Tunnel vision to all what happens in this game! Why do you think this is such a big issue.. There is no match making system..It can take just as long queuing as a solo. On this thread there is just as many people that support the OP. I am one. Try reading all the post's..before you speak for the rest of us. Do you think its proper match making to put people with full Elite warhero gear against people that just turned 50? You a official from bioware..seeing as you know that "They dont care"?

Honestly I think they should just separate the queues. If you are in a group you only go against other groups, and they should also move ahead with what ever lowbie separation they are planing on adding. I am sick of getting into a group for on my lvl 47 PVP character, and having a PUG group full of teens and run into a double pre-made of 40s.

lulz at lowbies.

You can synch queue with another group of 4 and most times you'll all get into the same WZ together. There's also those times when a good group of 4 will get paired with another good group of 4. For PUGs, that's usually a disadvantage they can't overcome.

And there'll be times you queue up and 4 guys drop out just as things are loading, they're trying to get their two 4 man premades to queue together to make an 8 man premade. They just need to stop calling it solo queue. If you're grouped, you're not solo.

This could be solved so easily via an intelligent queue system.

Groups of 4 are put into one queue rotation.

Groups of 2 and 3 are put into another rotation. Groups of 2 can only be tacked at the end of an existing team of 6 players.

Solo queue and groups of 2 can be put into a third rotation.

And there'll be times you queue up and 4 guys drop out just as things are loading, they're trying to get their two 4 man premades to queue together to make an 8 man premade. They just need to stop calling it solo queue. If you're grouped, you're not solo.

I'm not sure what your point is. And certainly not, at least in my guild, we do not drop out. If we get to play all 8 of us cool. If end up playing against each other even better so. Why not doing ranked at that point? Maybe because we are missing the key classes in our composition, none else is qing or we just wanna relax. But certainly playing against each other is big fun and the losers will always blame the other 4 :). But certainly we won't drop out because we didn't end up in the same team.

So according to a few guys asking for ...

- Cross server (not my favorite since it finally destroy any kind of community pvp'er on that server, but it has its own upsided, give you that)

- Proper Matchmaking (my favorite, some people will hate it because it push your winrate to 50% except if you are exceptionally good or bad, that means, premade or not, most warzones will be challenging).

... is just beind a baddie.

Full of genius.

Edited by Keldaur

Lol at Redderic. You know nothing about me.

First of all, I have done a fair amount of premading (if you had read my post you would have seen me say that). I got bored quickly when I was part of a very good premade and I stopped doing that. Since then I have spent a decent portion of my time pvp'n with friends of random gear/skill levels. However, most of the time I pug.

I have 6 50s and I only play after work. You prob don't know what work means but it is what adults do to make money and buy things. I complete weeklies every week for 4 of them and usually 5 although I don't play 2 of my 50s much at all. I also do a fair amount of lowbie pvp. I win more than I lose even when pugging, however that doesn't prove anything about me.

My main problem with the current system is lack of any real competition. It is not pugging and facing premades. I would like to make a great premade and fight other good premades. When I bring up the point about the pugs having problems I am talking about the average casual player. If you don't realize that the average casual player pugs more than anything then it just demonstrates your extreme ignorance.

A little about myself...I have played mmos for many years and have led a couple pvp guilds. I am a decent pvpr (and I am sure that I am far better than you Red). My last game was Rift and my premade was by far the best in our server group and I was widely considered the best mage in my server group. Also, many people told me I was the best rogue as well. Now you don't have to believe any of this but I know it is true and so insults like yours are just laughable to me.

Learn to think outside of yourself. If I only thought about myself my only point would be that I want to fight premades, however I understand that what I want would also benefit the average player.

Lol at Redderic. You know nothing about me.

First of all, I have done a fair amount of premading (if you had read my post you would have seen me say that). I got bored quickly when I was part of a very good premade and I stopped doing that. Since then I have spent a decent portion of my time pvp'n with friends of random gear/skill levels. However, most of the time I pug.

I have 6 50s and I only play after work. You prob don't know what work means but it is what adults do to make money and buy things. I complete weeklies every week for 4 of them and usually 5 although I don't play 2 of my 50s much at all. I also do a fair amount of lowbie pvp. I win more than I lose even when pugging, however that doesn't prove anything about me.

My main problem with the current system is lack of any real competition. It is not pugging and facing premades. I would like to make a great premade and fight other good premades. When I bring up the point about the pugs having problems I am talking about the average casual player. If you don't realize that the average casual player pugs more than anything then it just demonstrates your extreme ignorance.

A little about myself...I have played mmos for many years and have led a couple pvp guilds. I am a decent pvpr (and I am sure that I am far better than you Red). My last game was Rift and my premade was by far the best in our server group and I was widely considered the best mage in my server group. Also, many people told me I was the best rogue as well. Now you don't have to believe any of this but I know it is true and so insults like yours are just laughable to me.

Learn to think outside of yourself. If I only thought about myself my only point would be that I want to fight premades, however I understand that what I want would also benefit the average player.

Yea, I can see where you are coming from. I used to run a premade with some friends but after a while the ranked matches just stopped. We tried to get people to start matches up and we don't even wait for the "perfect" setup, just get people that want some competitive matches.

Sadly there are usually only 2 or 3 guilds(maybe even less) that will sign up for these ranked matches. The ranked pvp in this game isn't really driven by any real form of competition. Hopefully some changes can be made to bring life into it.

Yea, I can see where you are coming from. I used to run a premade with some friends but after a while the ranked matches just stopped. We tried to get people to start matches up and we don't even wait for the "perfect" setup, just get people that want some competitive matches.

Sadly there are usually only 2 or 3 guilds(maybe even less) that will sign up for these ranked matches. The ranked pvp in this game isn't really driven by any real form of competition. Hopefully some changes can be made to bring life into it.

If they forced all premades (ie. 3 or more queing together) to use the ranked queue, it most certainly would upstep the ranked queue and give the pug queue a better chance at having a non-faceroll match. The problem with a premade isn't JUST the fact they they tend to better geared, more coordinatd, and on voice chat.. it's also has largely to do with the fact that they have a much better balance. Most premades have some sort of very solid healer, a stealther, a jumper, and a sorc for pulls. You get those 4 in a premade, you can pretty much beat any solo queue group except maybe the rare random one that has 8 very solid players and is well balanced. Most solo queue groups have MAYBE one healer, and at least 2 - 3 recruit gear wearing folks.

have you tried getting good? problem is no one cares. they are not going to stop people from getting in a group in a MMO. if you cant win against a premade make a premade and l2pvp correctly

Some of us have these things called jobs. Many of us within that group work anywhere from 8-16 hours a day, leaving very little time to "get good". But we still want to be able to enjoy the PvP of the game. Why not just have the flippin' matchmaking system, where people like me, who are too busy trying to make sure that model in excel has no formula errors, get matched up with other people like me? Of equal skill? Wouldn't THAT make more sense? To just match people that like occasional video game entertainment, instead of TELLING us to sacrifice time from our professional and social lives just to, as you call it, "get good"?

I used to play SC 2 for a while after it came out. I was in Diamond League 1v1's. You know what? That never bothered me, because I knew I would never have the time to commit to learning uber-micro, high level strategies, or every detail about every unit of every race. I knew I would never get into Master/Grand-Master ranks, but I STILL HAD FUN. If that game had a sub, I would have paid it.

3. deal with it

4. get good

Great post. In fact, #1 and #2, but mostly #2, are what most people did. I love how the suggestions people as ignorant as you ruins the game for the rest of the playerbase. I would suggest you take one of your own options and quit. For every 1 person like you that quits, the game retains 50 people.

• 2 weeks later...
There are too many types of premades to generalise really. We need a matchmaking system period. I have noticed the PVP servers are taking a big population hit. Are these people leaving or switching to PVE servers? IDK

Agreed, there should be a matchmaking system and a cross server pvp que. pugs should never be up against premades with this system in place.

Its fun to see how population on all, and especially on pvp servers slowly decreased:

http://www.torstatus.net/tomb-of-freedon-nadd/history/7d#!/tomb-of-freedon-nadd/trends/60d

http://www.torstatus.net/prophecy-of-the-five/history/7d#!/the-bastion/trends/60d

Think game will be dead after 2.0 :rolleyes:

Edited by TonyDragonflame

Where is our solo queue? Why you let those premades roam around? You like being pushed around by a group of "friends"? I don't. Do something about it.

SWTOR gets boring. We need some fresh air (2.0). I can't wait tbh.

Edited by Givemedanger

• 2 weeks later...
Where is our solo queue? Why you let those premades roam around? You like being pushed around by a group of "friends"? I don't. Do something about it.

SWTOR gets boring. We need some fresh air (2.0). I can't wait tbh.

agreed, we need cross server pvp ques and seperated ques for pugs and premades. allow 2 players to group up so you can still que with a friend.

Less and less people are pvp'ing now, sometimes it takes 45-60 mins for a pop to happen.... I've noticed a trend on certain servers you get a few PvP guilds that do nothing but make up 4 man premades and ruin all the fun for people who just want jump into a quick warzone... What happens is you can go against a fully geared out premade who's on vent/mumble/team speak and they pretty much just own everyone...

I've seen a similar trend on the German-language servers as well.

And because of that, PvP in BGs within the levels 10-20 is no fun. Not At All.

One simply becomes steamrolled over. Nothing but that.

And the professionals in PvP say that this just isn't true, the only problem is that I just don't know how to play my classes correctly.

Within the levels 10-20.

And what's more : None of the "Professionals" never ever goes into the BGs with these levels (10-20) themselves. They just don't.

All they do is say that I'm a "whiner". Because they exclusively play level 50 classes and truly believe that with level 50 they can decide how a level 10 character plays in PvP.

Edited by AlrikFassbauer

I've seen a similar trend on the German-language servers as well.

And because of that, PvP in BGs within the levels 10-20 is no fun. Not At All.

One simply becomes steamrolled over. Nothing but that.

And the professionals in PvP say that this just isn't true, the only problem is that I just don't know how to play my classes correctly.

Within the levels 10-20.

And what's more : None of the "Professionals" never ever goes into the BGs with these levels (10-20) themselves. They just don't.

All they do is say that I'm a "whiner". Because they exclusively play level 50 classes and truly believe that with level 50 they can decide how a level 10 character plays in PvP.

I agree, I like the 1-49 bracket, it adds to a truer sence of player skill vrs gear. the premades are there but again its more about skill with what you have vrs gear unless your a twink, but unlike wow you cant shut off the xp. but i digress, what BW does not realize is with their blatent refusal to add cross server ques the rated players have no place to go so they premade and steam roll over pugs. who wants to wait in a rated que for 20-30 min or longer to pop?

Most new players or casuals which make up a vast portion of the player base are turned off from pvping due to being steam rollered into the dirt.

We need cross server que's to add to the expediancy of the que pops, and throw premades into rateds by default.

I've been absent from 50 PvP for a month and when I left it was nothing but premades. Now I get back and it's even more premades. What chances do people who solo que have against them? Just ran into one with 3 heals and 1 tank on huttbal, lost in like 2 mins and our team wasn't THAT bad.