false history on makeb

What *********** retard designed that mission. Must be someone that dosnt play the game. That mission is a *********** joke. Can't do it with heroic moment and speed boosting skills. And I have asked in chat for someone to join. No takers. Guess people don't bother because its such a joke. And then to top it off, some *********** retard has decitet that all the mobs should respawn, which i was forced to do in another mission, because of ridicules walkmesh in this game. Got stuck in some pipes. Got out of them, then i was stuck in the middle of the group....

What *********** retard designed that mission. Must be someone that dosnt play the game. That mission is a *********** joke. Can't do it with heroic moment and speed boosting skills. And I have asked in chat for someone to join. No takers. Guess people don't bother because its such a joke. And then to top it off, some *********** retard has decitet that all the mobs should respawn, which i was forced to do in another mission, because of ridicules walkmesh in this game. Got stuck in some pipes. Got out of them, then i was stuck in the middle of the group....

What server are you on?

I'll give you a hand if you let me know what server you are on (hopefully a North American one but if not maybe I can transfer a character to a Euro one).

PM if you want to since I check the forums after work to see if any thing new is "raising Cain" in tor.

This quest was designed for 2 people. Even the title tells it [HEROIC 2+]. The fact you can solo most of those heroic (well, all of them) is just a side effect of level sync, but all the passive in the world won't replace players when you have to follow (simple) mechanic.

This logic is false, the devs have stated that all heroic 2+ should be doable solo, as your companion counts as the second person.

This logic is false, the devs have stated that all heroic 2+ should be doable solo, as your companion counts as the second person.

SHOULD be

Let me give you an example..............Star fortress + 2 heroic

HARD mission to solo, chances are you won't make it......untill you do the exct right thing, With the exact Level Companion With the exact Level gear, However what is exact Depends solely on Your class, build, and you as a player.

Other then mission that needs 2 People like 1 heroic on makeeb, that I doubt can ever be soloed, not becuse something is hard to kill but becuse of distances and "triggers" to be used in cartain timeframes.......like traps etc.

Other then this I have yet to meet any mission ( heroic) I can not solo or have a FAIR chance to solo, yet

I solo False History every week on a Sith Inquisitor and a Bounty Hunter. I'd wager an Agent could use Roll to get it done, too. Not sure about a Jug but a Mara using Predation could do it. You just have to be very precise with your clicks and not mess up.

Oh, and you do not have to start over if the DOT kills you after activating the last panel:

http://i.imgur.com/E09XKkr.jpg?1

You can rez right there in the room.

Edited by Makillda

Oh, and you do not have to start over if the DOT kills you after activating the last panel:

This intrigues me. Every time i died in that room, I am kicked out of the room and had to start over. I have never been given the option to rez right there.

Do you always get the option to rez right in the room? Or does it only happen under specific circumstances?

This intrigues me. Every time i died in that room, I am kicked out of the room and had to start over. I have never been given the option to rez right there.

Do you always get the option to rez right in the room? Or does it only happen under specific circumstances?

You have to actually succeed in deactivating the last panel before you die. If you die during the channel, it's back to the start for you.

This one heroic is a 2 person heroic. Period. Superman may be able to do it alone. Most of the rest of us find someone else. I have ALWAYS been able to find someone becasue everyone is looking for someone to do it too.. because nobody can do it alone. ASK in gen chat. Or ask a guildy.

The thing bugs too, if both have the quest, sadly. Only one can have the quest, it's not clickable for the other. So one person gets the quest, 2 do it, then the other person gets the quest and the 2 do it again. Very poor design. Bugged. But...even unbugged, it will still be a 2 person heroic.

After all, this IS NOT a single player game. Skryim is a single player game. Kotor is. This is not. So get social!

I solo False History every week on a Sith Inquisitor and a Bounty Hunter. I'd wager an Agent could use Roll to get it done, too. Not sure about a Jug but a Mara using Predation could do it. You just have to be very precise with your clicks and not mess up.

Are you able to stream your Epic Success with your Sorc or BH doing this solo?

I'm sure everybody would love to see your awesomeness.

I'm with a lot of others who have tried every class and tried every trick known to makind to try and click the first two vents and do the back two before choking to death.

Edited by IslanderRebel

This one heroic is a 2 person heroic. Period. Superman may be able to do it alone. Most of the rest of us find someone else. I have ALWAYS been able to find someone becasue everyone is looking for someone to do it too.. because nobody can do it alone. ASK in gen chat. Or ask a guildy.

The thing bugs too, if both have the quest, sadly. Only one can have the quest, it's not clickable for the other. So one person gets the quest, 2 do it, then the other person gets the quest and the 2 do it again. Very poor design. Bugged. But...even unbugged, it will still be a 2 person heroic.

After all, this IS NOT a single player game. Skryim is a single player game. Kotor is. This is not. So get social!

Not everybody know that his game was originally designed to facilitate Group ( upto 4) of different classes through story mode even.

Too bad, my very first character transfer happened back then, a server where People seemed to have group-phobia.

The fact that you CAN solo a game doesn't mean he game was originally designed as a single player game

:)

Dunno about Bounty Hunter but on a Sorc you can place your phase walk on the other side, bubble+ hot yourself, click the first two panels, PW to the other side + recklessness+instant selfheal (all off the gdc) and click the other two panels. You're still going to die because the damage doesn't immediately stop after you activated the last panel, but you can then rez right there in the room. I did this on a sin only with overcharge saber + medpack as self heals and it worked.

It's easier on a concealment op due to hots and damage immunity on roll.

Edited by Asaxor

Dunno about Bounty Hunter but on a Sorc you can place your phase walk on the other side, bubble+ hot yourself, click the first two panels, PW to the other side + recklessness+instant selfheal (all off the gdc) and click the other two panels. You're still going to die because the damage doesn't immediately stop after you activated the last panel, but you can then rez right there in the room. I did this on a sin only with overcharge saber + medpack as self heals and it worked.

Thanks for the tip Asaxor.

I tried everything possible but not using phasewalk.

I'll have to try it on my op as well.

Too bad we can't use that ugly helmet for the GSI heroic on Hoth that makes you run thru a gas chamber. :eek:

You use Hydraulic Overrides and Kolto Overload on a BH. Grab the first two panels, pop HO and boogie to the other side ASAP to get the other two.

I'm with a lot of others who have tried every class and tried every trick known to makind to try and click the first two vents and do the back two before choking to death.

She is a Sin, actually. Phase Walk makes it cake.

You use Hydraulic Overrides and Kolto Overload on a BH. Grab the first two panels, pop HO and boogie to the other side ASAP to get the other two.

this.

This has been done since the very start.

BH is more viable than some due to how its defences work but back in the day when I showed a sorc how to dash round the room he managed it too.

• 11 months later...
This may be a little late for the thread date, but just completed it without speed boosts by jumping onto the lamp between two panels. Can reach both. Then ran to other table and jumped onto the lamp there. I was even zapped while crossing the floor, but could still 'do' the panel. Hope this helps (I am a 65 marauder in 208 gear).

This may be a little late for the thread date, but just completed it without speed boosts by jumping onto the lamp between two panels. Can reach both. Then ran to other table and jumped onto the lamp there. I was even zapped while crossing the floor, but could still 'do' the panel. Hope this helps (I am a 65 marauder in 208 gear).

Yeah, they nerfed it a while ago. It's now easily soloable for any class, you don't need speedboosts anymore.

• 1 year later...
This is so *********** dumb. I can manage to get to each of the terminals and disarm them without dying, but somehow, even though I timed how long I had till each one reactivates when you're disarming the vault, and saw that it gives you about twenty seconds, I still couldn't manage to actually disarm all of them in time. I don't give a **** if it's designed to be done by two players, I like to do this **** solo. So in cases like this one, where it's apparently literally impossible to do it on your own, it should be classified as Heroic 3+. I don't care if it's SUPPOSED to be a social game, or some **** like that, some of us just like to play on our own.

This is so *********** dumb. I can manage to get to each of the terminals and disarm them without dying, but somehow, even though I timed how long I had till each one reactivates when you're disarming the vault, and saw that it gives you about twenty seconds, I still couldn't manage to actually disarm all of them in time. I don't give a **** if it's designed to be done by two players, I like to do this **** solo. So in cases like this one, where it's apparently literally impossible to do it on your own, it should be classified as Heroic 3+. I don't care if it's SUPPOSED to be a social game, or some **** like that, some of us just like to play on our own.

You can easily do it solo now, no matter what class you play. They've nerfed it like 2 years ago (as you could have seen by reading the last post I wrote, 2 years ago :rolleyes:)

If you can't do it, the problem sits in front of the computer, I'm afraid. ;)

Yeah, I've done this one a few times. I know I've done it on a Powertech, and I think on an Assassin. It's been awhile, and it's not a job I fancy repeating anytime soon. More frustrating than fun, to be honest. All I can say is learn your abilities, note the layout of the rooms, plan ahead and don't get discouraged.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 years later...

Replying to this thread since I got stuck in the banking vault even after seeing videos and "guides" until I figured out how to do it solo without any special abilities or on any specific character. FWIW, I did it with a Sith Inquisitor/assassin.

The first chamber, the one with the gas, it's well established that you'll most likely die because of the DOT, but as long as you click all 4 locations, you'll be able to continue. The trick here is to place your character between the console and either left or right panel so you are ready to click on the 1st panel as soon as you click on the console.

The 2nd and 3rd room are almost identical: 4 terminals, one on each corner, a table in between them on each side, each table has a small lamp in the middle.  The floors in both rooms are traps, but you won't stay on them long enough to affect you, so you can ignore that.

Enter the room ( I went left first), jump on top of the lamp, facing the wall. Make sure you can activate either terminal from that position with your cursor. If you are on top of the lamp you should be able to click on either terminal without moving your character. Click on the first terminal (I clicked the one to my left first).  As the shutdown cooldown progresses, move your cursor to the one to your right, and wait for the 1st terminal to shutdown.  As soon as you can click on the second terminal, do so. As the cooldown on the second terminal starts going, without moving your character, rotate in place180 degrees to face the other side of the room. As soon as the cooldown is finished and the 2nd terminal is off, run across the room, jump on the other lamp, stay facing the wall, and click on the terminals as soon as possible. Again, if you are on top of the lamp, you should be able to click on either terminal without moving and with virtually no time in between clicks. 

The next room is virtually the same.

I hope this helps someone.

Edited by III-Hammer-III