PVP Winning Without Trying Free Components For All

Dowillia

Just thought I would share this. I was in huttball pvp the other day and all the opposite team did was dance around and play with the ball tossing it around to each other until our team took it from them. The opposite team did absolutely nothing to prevent us from running and scoring to the opposing goal (i.e. their goal) Once we scored, they picked up the huttball again and just danced around in the middle where the ball is and played with it until one of us grabbed it from them once again and scored once again. While they were dancing around with the huttball and passing it to each other back and forth, they made absolutely no effort to run to our goal and try to score, and people complain about farming and out matched/over ranked teams? this is why. Needless to say it was an easy win for us with absolutely no effort at all. And I do mean that Literally no effort. All we had to do is take the ball from one of them and run to the goal without ANY worry of being attacked or chased lol. It was also very uninspiring and very very boring. :rolleyes: There was no challenge at all because we were not given one, thanks to the opposing team. The components were nice though as I did not even have to work for them lol. ;) Am I grateful for the given win? Nope it was boring and it also ruined the true essence of what pvp is supposed to be about. Am I surprised? Nope, unfortunately these over ranked farming teams seem to be the norm lately. :csw_yoda:

I get you are a professional ego maniac with a nice golden flair, but being good at this game is much more than ganking.
Edited by Dowillia

Honestly, I have never been a fan of giving rewards for losing, aka, “participation trophies”.

If they won’t make it like this, then they need to increase the rewards for wins and decrease them for losses. There needs to be a distinct reward for winning and a distinct disadvantage for not trying to win.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

FYI if you "won" on the huttball scoreboard but died 8 times each, you didn't actually win. The fact that you came here to complain about it says you didn't have fun getting farmed, and thus, you lost.

Who is the biggest loser? The solo-queue pugs being "allowed" to score, or the VC double premades too scared to queue group ranked, or do a guild challenge? :D At least in this case the farmers let the match end quickly.

Personally, I'd like to see some sort of doubles ranked warzone, where 2 people group up and queue together, then you get mix and matched with other doubles in the queue. Couple that with some sort of "Legacy ELO" for warzones, and don't allow non-subscribers to queue it.

Edited by Rion_Starkiller

Honestly, I have never been a fan of giving rewards for losing, aka, “participation trophies”.

If they won’t make it like this, then they need to increase the rewards for wins and decrease them for losses. There needs to be a distinct reward for winning and a distinct disadvantage for not trying to win.

Unfortunately, some teams go ahead then troll ( or farm) the other team until they quit or the timer ends. Once you are ahead, you're guaranteed the win as long as you aren't completely stupid - whether you deserve it or not.

3 scores ahead in Hutball - and 1 min left on the clock? might as well pad numbers. same as if you're better than 2:1 ratio in ACW, Yavin or have reached the datacore in VS almost as fast as physically possible.

No point in trying to teach the idiots how to PVP properly - some people are simply here for the rewards, regardless of win or lose. - and that isn't going to change any time soon.

BW have little regard and no resources to improve PvP - so we all are gonna have to quit, suck it up or decide to never take it seriously again.

c'est la vie :o

Edited by Storm-Cutter

Unfortunately, some teams go ahead then troll ( or farm) the other team until they quit or the timer ends. Once you are ahead, you're guaranteed the win as long as you aren't completely stupid - whether you deserve it or not.

3 scores ahead in Hutball - and 1 min left on the clock? might as well pad numbers. same as if you're better than 2:1 ratio in ACW, Yavin or have reached the datacore in VS almost as fast as physically possible.

No point in trying to teach the idiots how to PVP properly - some people are simply here for the rewards, regardless of win or lose. - and that isn't going to change any time soon.

BW have little regard and no resources to improve PvP - so we all are gonna have to quit, suck it up or decide to never take it seriously again.

c'est la vie :o

So the solution is you add a deserter timer and remove all rewards for a loss or make them extremely low and make the win rewards much higher,

Well I have suggested ~( a few times) rewards going to the members of the winning team and only the top four or five of the losing team.... maybe a very minor award to the losing 4 - few 100 credits, some Xp/ CXP or whatever.

That at least encourages the losing side to try hard for the win or at least come far enough up the leaderboard to qualify for some meaningful reward.

However, the downside is that BioWare haven't the willpower, money or resources to re-evaluate medals and rewards and awards.... so basically PvPers are stuck with whatever the system is at the moment.

A desertion penalty is probably a good solution if there are scores of people in the queues at all times.... However the populations are so low playing PvP that a few quitters could kill the queue for anyone that remained- especially off peak - when you might have to wait 20-30 minutes for a match already.... and even then only get a 4v4.

- As an aside, the number of matches played for daily/weekly with wins counting 2 ( or more ) is about as far as we can expect BioWare to go on this issue. IMHO 5 for a win and 1 for a loss was a bit draconian. - But since I'm not much of a fan of 4v4 arena, it's not that big a deal for me.

Edited by Storm-Cutter