Alternate game suggestion?

Mobyslick

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm canceling my sub, can anyone suggest another MMO that's fun and rewarding to play?

I'm with you. The important thing to remember is that we can't move on to another EA/BioWare game and give them even more reward for bending us over.

I'm canceling my sub, can anyone suggest another MMO that's fun and rewarding to play?

I'm moving on to playing more Fallout 4 and maybe finally getting the time to kick the SO off of the "good" computer so I can finish Witcher 3. ;)

It'll probably be a while before I immerse myself in an MMO again. Maybe when Blade & Soul comes out in North America. Also tempted to check out Otherland, I loved those novels.

I hear Runescape's not bad. WoW's new expansion will be out eventually. FFXIV if you like anime and really rude people. There's a few good Star Wars Galaxies emulators out there.

Hmm, tried FFXIV when it launched, as we all know it was quite a stinker at that time. But how much better can it be now, unless they completely rewrote the game? Do they still have those weird "leve" things that are basically just kill tasks with no story?

Is WoW very accessible to people who are just starting now? How much grouping is required?

I'm moving on to playing more Fallout 4 and maybe finally getting the time to kick the SO off of the "good" computer so I can finish Witcher 3. ;)

It'll probably be a while before I immerse myself in an MMO again. Maybe when Blade & Soul comes out in North America. Also tempted to check out Otherland, I loved those novels.

Gotta keep expenses down at the moment so I can't blow $79.99 CAD on Fallout 4, much as I'm a big fan of the series. Kicking myself that I did not buy Witcher 3 when it was 33% off on Steam recently.

Also,,, Otherland MMO?! Wow, thanks for the heads-up. They really need to advertise because I've never heard of this before now. I loved those books too, I might pick it up seeing as it can be had for the price of one month sub to SWTOR ;)

I've been investigating other mmos today as well, but just to have a look. I hadn't played Rift or ESO for a while.

Rift downloaded really quickly but is utterly baffling to look at, and a money-grab. LOADS to do tho.

DON'T bother with ESO. You think we had probs today, it took 4 hours to download 13% of the game and searches about the problem only had the usual 'port-fowarding' 'check with your ISP' rubbish. I've downloaded 3 mmos in the last couple of weeks with no problem, so I know it's not an ISP issue, thanks!

Ones I've played a lot fairly recently:-

Lotro is a giggle if you like pretty countryside and the books. People are a bit angry or weird tho.

Secret World is great. Scary and fun combat, but the graphics might not be what you want, and it has a small community - I like it tho.

Then there's always good old WoW, which is nice to go back to, but stop after the Pandas. It all goes wrong after that.

NB: *I'm* not un-subbing. I've been having a good time, and do think the companions were a bit OP (and always solo mmos so it's been cake this last few weeks) However, I can't actually play at all at the moment because I've had to repair the launcher and I'm re-installing the whole game now.

Edited by Jazulfi

Secret world not so bad. Interesting story (well.. for my taste). For Raids and dungeons you need a groups. Except for that, I got through th main story alone. PVP kinda crazy bt you don't need to ask for a group if you want to try it.

I hear Runescape's not bad. WoW's new expansion will be out eventually. FFXIV if you like anime and really rude people. There's a few good Star Wars Galaxies emulators out there.

Hmm.. weird. FFXIV is always praised for having one of the most friendly communities in any mmo currently.

OT: No idea OP. There are so many mmo's but so many are poop. Sure not every mmo will have everything you want, but at least for me personally, too many cons.

I don't know if Korean MMO is your cup of tea, but a friend recommended and gave me a key for Blade and Soul beta last week, and I love it. Need to wait awhile though since the game is in beta testing (more like translations/voice actings since the game feels polished already) and won't be released til like January. (it's free-2-play)

Black Desert is also another game I'm excited for, though this won't be released til like March. (this one is buy-2-play though)

Still have WoW loaded and updated on my PC. Picked up a Xbox1 and Destiny to play with a few people from work.

Still have all three Dead Spaces games I have yet to touch. Same goes for the Witcher series. Always have modded to hell and back Skyrim to jump back into also. So plenty of things I could be playing.

I am absolutely loving the Guild Wars 2 expansion. GW2 doesn't get enough credit for breaking the max-level-then-raid paradigm, because there's just so much to do at max level already, plus level scaling done right. I think a lot of people overlook it because they think you have to play in a guild to enjoy it, and you absolutely do not. Plus the mesmer class is hella fun. Edited by damonskye