Veteran mode Vaylin in the Dark Cave

JeromeStein

The word is that 208 is probably not strong enough for Vet mode.

Ok because I did all chapters before with this gear with no issues in veteran mode. I thought there was a strat or something special to do, weird. Thank you anyways for your response.

Ok because I did all chapters before with this gear with no issues in veteran mode. I thought there was a strat or something special to do, weird. Thank you anyways for your response.

Of course the Dark Cave (Chapter XII of KotFE?) is true-solo, which makes having well-tuned play-style and strong gear more important...

Hello, in veteran mode does anyone defeated Vaylin in the Dark Cave? I tried with my Sith warrior but it seems barely possible. I'm full gear 209 and I cannot find any strat. Thank you

Thing is, that for solo fight (no companion) you need better gear depending on your AC.

If you're a Mara focus on self-heals, if you're a Jugg then make sure to use Enraged Defense on CD for self-heals (unless they removed that).

I was only able to just kill the Veteran Monolith in Chapter 2: A Dream of Empire, because I had a 216/220 mix on my Sentinel. I doubt I could have done the Vet Mono without that gear.

• 3 years later...
I'm playing KOTFE in Vet mode for the first time. I'm playing a guardian jedi. All my equipment pieces are in the range 274-278, my cycle is optimized according to the guides I could find, I use stims... All previous chapters were easy peasy... but not this one. I just cannot reduce Vaylin's health below 50%. This fight seems to be really unbalanced compared to the previous ones. Any recommendation?

I have to agree, I was at my 304 with my Lightning Inquisitor and decided to try it and I almost beat it, but she got me in a loop where I was with all my cooldowns up that I use to break free and even try to heal up... but the DMG was just to high...

I figure I needed to change a few things with the built of my sorc to survive as I admit I'm using more of a RPG built for PvE fun preference but then decided I rather just go story mode for fun. Maybe later I get serious about doing does... However she does seem to hit way to hard for a solo fight and no real assistance beside your survival backpack and its powers.

My suggestion try to go back on this fight with higher item lv and change your passive and bring items according to what your class has to survive a long solo class battle.

PS: Example: Was using *Enfeeble strike*... HEY don't Judge me, Sorc only HAVE ONE MELEE attack! I need something to make me feel like have a saber for a reason... Honestly I really hope we get to go all Darth Traya and use it as a melee ability to wielding three lightsabers telekinetically... or at the very least morph it to something a range DPS can use to get distance from enemies like a knock back, stun, jump back or teleport in and out strike out of range etc. with improve FX animations. Inquisitors and Consular (IMO) should have this PLEASE devs we only have ONE melee attack, give use SOMETHING to make it count at least an Improve FX? please...)

Edited by Zehal