Poll: What do you think about the new changes made to global cooldown UI in 1.1.2?

JovethGonzalez

What do you think about the new changes made to the global cooldown UI in Patch 1.1.2  

3,457 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think about the new changes made to the global cooldown UI in Patch 1.1.2

• They're good!
    • They're terrible!
    • I don't care either way.

If it is really making people sick? its gotta go.

It's true. I really like it, personally, but if people really are getting headaches despite all the flashing, particle effects, and color fades that happen on the entire screen regularly, I suppose it needs to be changed.

Also, proc'd skills need to have a better indicator, imho. Need to know when those proc-activated skills are ready!

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Like the new white surround.

Like the effect.

Seeing what is on cooldown a lot better.

Would be cool if the procs changed the color of the white surrounding to something else to let us know we can activate it.

Don't like the amount of fading used on the unusable skills. I'd disable the white border on those and fade the color just a bit. But just enough to notice it. I like to be able to see the icon still. That's the only thing i don't like.

People are over reacting a bit to this. If they get blinded by the effect, they might want to open a light or two in the room they play.

Chat boxes: Not something i'm fussed on changing, but others certainly are. I do find that my chat box is often not for chat in SWTOR - its too busy telling me what xp or cash i've gained. The ability to create extra chatboxes (one for guild one for trade etc) would be handy.

This is already possible. Right-click on a chat tab and you get a context-menu for creating extra chat boxes and disabling channels or status messages ;)

The GCD should be somewhere else

No! Do not move the GCD off the abilities! We do not need a second place to look, we already have two dozen abilities to keep track of - we do not need to add the GCD to that. Having the GCD over the ability is PERFECT because it allows us to plan our next move WHILE tracking the GCD. Really, you need to make it easier to plan the next move during the GCD by toning down the GCD timer (so we can see what abilities are in range, have the resources, etc.) and making it go in a circle rather than a line (so its easier to see when its finishing). Like everyone else has said, you also need to get rid of the flash at the end of the GCD. Its fine on the normal ability CD, but not the GCD.

I don't even notice small changes like these to be honest, all those little changes , to skills and balancing and stuff don't interest me in the slightest ,as long as the characters work.

Maybe I'll try the new Flashpoint at some point , idk

The flashing has got to go. I feel horrible for the people who are getting headaches because of it. I haven't got a headache, but I couldn't play as much as I usually do, or would like to. After about an hour I just had to log out.

Honestly, this shouldn't even be a poll. If there are numerous reports of the flashing causing headaches and problems, it needs to be fixed in an emercengy patch.

Please don't tell people suffering from these problems to not play, or don't play as much, or turn the lights on in the room brighter or anything else. It is pretty insensative to our fellow playerbase. :mad:

Bioware's priorities:

A tiny % of players aren't getting full credit for Ilum kills.

ZOMG!!! Panic!!! Bring down the servers immediately and deploy an emergency fix!!!!

A significant chunk of players cannot play without getting a migrane, nausea, and/or vomiting.

Yawn. We'll fix it whenever. No big deal.

subjective.

a LOT of people had the ilum bug, hardly any people suffer from the oh so serious health issues.

So this isnt going to be changed til march?!

No; as I said, "changes will be made to the global cooldown and we'll bring you more information when we have a solid timeline to share." Discussions on that specific issue have been happening since early yesterday and will wrap up today. Hopefully I'll be able to share more later on when you can expect a patch, but it won't wait until March or until 1.2.

I mentioned that broader UI customization options are coming during Game Update 1.2 because many others in the thread had opinions on the UI of the game, generally.

Last but not least; add-ons are still under discussion, but there's no current timeline for when that functionality might be implemented. While add-ons would give a lot more potential options (assuming a robust add-on community), there will still always be many people who want to use the game's default UI (new players, for example!). Therefore it's important for us to ensure the UI that we have works well, hence our ongoing development and expansion of UI options.

Ok so people actually get physically sick because of this change and BW does nothing? One thing is it being just worse UI as you can't see what ability you can use due to constant gray out. But completely different one is people suffering from illness while playing due to crazy flashing. This is no longer whine because I don't like it case, this is people not being able to play because they are just simply getting sick. If this doesn't call for immediate fix then you just lost another ton of subs BW, good job!

No; as I said, "changes will be made to the global cooldown and we'll bring you more information when we have a solid timeline to share." Discussions on that specific issue have been happening since early yesterday and will wrap up today. Hopefully I'll be able to share more later on when you can expect a patch, but it won't wait until March or until 1.2.

These would have been helpful to say yesterday. As it is, the post yesterday created confusion because it offered no timeline, but then immediately began discussing UI changes in 1.2, which made a lot of people tie the two together and think "oh, no more changes to the UI until 1.2 in March."

I mentioned that broader UI customization options are coming during Game Update 1.2 because many others in the thread had opinions on the UI of the game, generally.

Last but not least; add-ons are still under discussion, but there's no current timeline for when that functionality might be implemented. While add-ons would give a lot more potential options (assuming a robust add-on community), there will still always be many people who want to use the game's default UI (new players, for example!). Therefore it's important for us to ensure the UI that we have works well, hence our ongoing development and expansion of UI options.

Is there a way we can make these addons available by the official swtor.com website? Third party sites like curse.com were shady and I'm pretty sure they were the reason I got hacked back before the Authenticator came out.

i like the way it is now, however i understand that it is physically bothering some people.

I would like to see the mechanics remain but the color, transpanency, and flashes be custommizable. also things that are out of range need to be a different color etc.

What about abilities that proc on having dot on target like bounty hunter. You have absolutely no hope to see it as useable because everything is grayed out all the time.

That's my biggest problem with it. It isn't making me sick or anything. It is just not functional, state-dependent abilities were the main reason I was looking at the hotbars to begin with. Some long cooldowns were hard to see before and the new UI does fine for that with the flash for me.

Ultimately, I'd prefer countdown numbers at 10 seconds below.

Is an option to enable chat bubbles for /say, /yell and /emote chat also slated to be part of these "broader UI customization options during Game Update 1.2"? They are an important and much requested (G)UI feature that's been promised to be a high priority item but still missing, after all. Edited by Glzmo

Thanks Stephen. I'm interested to see what you guys have planned.

I kinda like the new Global Cooldown looks. It may be a bit too bright and flashy, so perhaps it could be subtle-ized a little, but overall, I think it is on the right track for making it noticable, and actually better than the previous. So just tone down the "flash" a little, and it should be good.

I missed the poll. May I suggest in the future that a poll of significance be advertized on the launcher? That way, those of us who don't live on the forums (and playing the game) can have a say in this game.

The new UI works fine for me.

These would have been helpful to say yesterday. As it is, the post yesterday created confusion because it offered no timeline, but then immediately began discussing UI changes in 1.2, which made a lot of people tie the two together and think "oh, no more changes to the UI until 1.2 in March."

Yup, and he was repeatedly told yesterday before he made that post that they had to tell people they were fast tracking a solution for people who are being made ill by the UI changes as well being reminded afterwards. He didn't and not peep in acknowledgement that there's a problem with the UI beyond lack of usability that many people (who aren't made ill) are finding with it. The next billing cycle isn't that far away.

It wouldn't let me vote but I would've picked "it's good!"

I definitely didn't like the first change you made. But now that you made the abilities on CD darker again I'm happy. GCD is displaying properly now, it's easy to tell what's up and what's not. I don't have any complaints about it now. Except that maybe the flashing could cause a problem for epileptic people...