Chapter X - Hours of Play ?

Lexhorn

Hours??? Hahahahahaha good one.

Maybe an hour if you go slow and explore all the alternative conversation options, otherwise I'm expecting it to take maybe 30-45 minutes if you play at a decent pace and watch the cut scenes.

It is possible a Bioware apologist could demonstrate it takes more than an hour if Bioware adds some time sync grinding in old / recycled areas to obtain more companions - but to me that isn't fresh / new content, and at this point I certainly don't need another never use companion added to the list of 20+ I already have on my crew.

Chapter X likely a hour.

Blizz and HK both about 30 minutes or so each, unless they have an additional grind on top of the quest(like Pierce or the crocodile)

HK though, I'm getting ready to laugh at all the rage when his recruitment mission is an exact copy of the HK 51 find pieces grind. The tears will provide me and my village salt for years to come.

I'd say the cutscenes themselves might take about 30-35 min. Then the actual gameplay of kill x, y, z will be maybe another 20-30 min. Then we have Blizz's alert (and whoever they add in there all ninja stealth-like, if they do). Maybe another 20-60 min. So, overall for EVERYTHING coming in chapter X, a max of two hours...maybe.

Any clue on how many hours this chapter need to be finished ? Can we expect something like 10 hours of play to finish this new content ?

Going by the experience from chapters 1 - 9, i'd estimate 15 - 30 minutes actual playtime tops. The actual length of it depends entirely on how much they decide to bloat the chapter with, in terms of cut scenes, forced encounters, and so on.

Any clue on how many hours this chapter need to be finished ? Can we expect something like 10 hours of play to finish this new content ?

Have you played Ch I-IX?

Not space barring, my *first* time through I think it took 5 hours or so to get through Chapter IX. So at best you are looking at 30-45 minutes.

They said the chapters would be about an hour long over the summer. Some of the ones are shorter than an hour and some have been right around an hour.

Plus how long it takes to get Blizz.

*"They"* also said it would take 200 hours to get to level 50.

*"They"* also said it would take 200 hours to get to level 50.

Pretty sure it was close to it, assuming you listened to the story, and were not rabidly spacebaring through it.

Now, I do not recall how long exactly it was back in the launch days, but I think I had some 7 days /played when hitting level 50 for the first time, and I was spacebaring a bit (especially the alien gibberish, once I read the subtitle)

I wonder what the reaction would be if it turns out to be something around 3-4 hours worth of time. One would think it would get very cold in hell. :p

It is probably not going to, we have been given statements by developers that each chapter relased after 9 is going to be about hour in length.

However, if it actually was long as you say, I would be glad if the devil's butt froze to his throne.

And you still believe that? After what they've been changing on what's been stated/posted by them! lol

I found KotFE to take an average of 1 hour for the first play through. That's what they mean when they give time estimates. They aren't talking about spacebaring and especially not talking about once you already know every mob placement along the path.