Marauder Player looking for different DPS

GetGowens

I have been using my marauder for around a month as a dps in ops. My parse holds at around 2.9k with a 3.8 opening burst, full 192 mixed with 198. I am now looking to try a different dps with easily sustained DPS and a high opening burst. The rotation of the marauder seems so clunky to me and I want to try out a different dps. Ranged or Melee does not matter, I'm just looking for easy sustainability with a working rotation. Thanks!

I have been using my marauder for around a month as a dps in ops. My parse holds at around 2.9k with a 3.8 opening burst, full 192 mixed with 198. I am now looking to try a different dps with easily sustained DPS and a high opening burst. The rotation of the marauder seems so clunky to me and I want to try out a different dps. Ranged or Melee does not matter, I'm just looking for easy sustainability with a working rotation. Thanks!

My sent is always my main, but my AP PT (Advanced Prototype Powertech just to be sure) is my 2nd in command now. You really should try it, dead easy, insane burst.

But also I must ask: which discipline do you use? What gear you have? Massassi+Deceiver or Resurrected+Revanite? Did you optimalize, augment your gear?

My slightly forgotten Mara is in a combination of maximized 186s and 192s, with a 192 hilt, so he's probably about as geared as the OP or slightly worse, yet he can pull 3.1 - 3.2k dps. I'm thinking you're doing something wrong with the rotation and/or gearing.

Anyways,, if you want to try something different, maybe go completely different and try ranged dps?

Plenty of options there, so I won't name just one option, but there's a lot of different ranged classes and specs to suit your playstyle.

The general rule of thumb is that the rotation of burst DPS spec is more flexible and easier to play (Arsenal, Carnage, Marksmanship) but deals less damage over time compared to sustained DPS spec (Innovative Ordinance, Annihilation, Virulence). I like to consult Parsely chart; Annihilation Marauder parses just behind Viru/Engineering Sniper and IO Merc, but as the case of all sustained spec you have to follow the static rotation or you'll be resource-starved, or lose significant amount of DPS due to mismanaging your DOTs.

Edit: the chart is outdated by three months.

Edited by iusCogens