Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Emperor's Wrath vs. Darth Nox (spoilers)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Emperor's Wrath vs. Darth Nox (spoilers)

ethanredmace
07.28.2016 , 01:08 PM | #301
Quote: Originally Posted by Codedrago View Post
Then should we not count the majority of the feats Nox performs as they are the walking definition of 'the plot demands it'.

Jeff? As in Jeff the 'I-am-such-an-edgelord-tool-' killer? How is one of the worst products of creepypasta relevant here?

No one here cares if you're bashing him or not, but it's pretty clear that you have a big bias for Nox as you continually write off anything the Wrath does as luck or plot, when the same could easily be applied to Nox.
Anyways, I was using Jeff as an example of how easily Nox would crush the Wrath in a fight. That's how he's relevant here. He's the best, but you can have your opinion. Now back on topic, Nox is less plot demand it than the Wrath in my opinion and would easily annihilate the Wrath because of reasons in threads listed above. I respect your right to have opinions.

Also, who would you think would win the battle between each other, The Wrath or Darth Nox? I think Wrath would easily destroy Nox in a lightsaber duel, but in a force duel, Nox would easily win.

Codedrago
07.28.2016 , 01:20 PM | #302
Quote: Originally Posted by ethanredmace View Post
Anyways, I was using Jeff as an example of how easily Nox would crush the Wrath in a fight.
I want to explain how bull that comparason is... but at the same time I want to forget those stains of literature.

Quote:
Nox is less plot demand it than the Wrath in my opinion and would easily annihilate the Wrath because of reasons in threads listed above.
Most of your reasons purposly ignore any feat the Wrath performs, it doesn't matter if you think one or the other is built upon 'plot demands it', what does matter is that whether either of them are is irrelevant. Because it doesn't change the fact that they were still able to preform those feats.

Quote:
Also, who would you think would win the battle between each other, The Wrath or Darth Nox?
Nox's saber wins when he accidentally stabs himself, he had been warned not to stare down the hilt of his saber.
It's not that you disagree, it's how you disagree
You're a white knight if you like Bioware, you're a whiner if you hate them, you're a scummy fence sitter if you're in the middle.
Why don't go and click this referral link . Please? Pwetty Pwease with a Vette on top?

Rhyltran
07.28.2016 , 02:29 PM | #303
I don't remember a lot of the Wrath's force abilities. The only ones I remember lore-wise are basic ones like force choke and force push which aren't very impressive compared to force telekinesis, force lightning, force-walking, and all the other lore-abilities that Darth Nox has.

Force choke and push are abilities that even lowly Sith Acolytes can use, so yeah. In my opinion, the reasons the Wrath didn't get injured is because of the Wrath absorbing everything Baras has with his lightsaber and also because of the plot demanding it. Also, its pretty impressive of how The Wrath got Baras to not be able to channel anymore force abilities or powers, I admit, but it also might have been because of luck.

I do admit that the Wrath is a great light-saber duelist if not the second greatest lightsaber duelist in SWTOR, the first being Arcann, and he would definitely easily annihilate Darth Nox in a lightsaber duel. If you take in Nox's force abilities, powers, force connection, and other things, Nox would easily crush the Wrath like how Jeff would of easily killed Slenderman and won instead of a draw if someone reasonable was writing the long story in like 1.2 seconds, 5.3 seconds, or something like that.

PS. Sorry if sounds like I'm bashing the Wrath, I'm not, and he's very great in general and very powerful. The Emperor's Wrath is my second favorite class/character in the SWTOR game, first being Darth Nox (Sith Inqusitior) but again, he's not as powerful and couldn't beat Nox in a force duel, again a lightsaber duel yes, but the point of this thread is to discuss who is more powerful and who would win a fight. Also, I do admit the Wrath's feats are amazing, but Nox's feats are better and more flashy in my opinion.
Luck isn't apart of star wars, especially when it comes to force users. See Episode 4. Just because he doesn't use force lightning doesn't mean he can't beat someone who does (See his fight with Baras.) There is no "The plot demanded it" because the warrior has been stated by everyone to be a wrecking ball. The plot made it clear that facing the wrath is equivalent of a death sentence. In fact, he has the title The Emperor's Wrath because he was chosen by the Emperor himself to be his personal executioner. It doesn't work that way. Another example is how Darth Maul is pretty close to Dooku in power despite Maul never showing force lightning. You're mistaking flashy force powers as a sign of superiority. That isn't the case.

You also completely missed the Emperor's voice feat or chose to willfully ignore it. Especially since the Emperor himself, even his voice, is pretty much above everyone else on the council.

ethanredmace
07.28.2016 , 03:14 PM | #304
Quote: Originally Posted by Rhyltran View Post
Luck isn't apart of star wars, especially when it comes to force users. See Episode 4. Just because he doesn't use force lightning doesn't mean he can't beat someone who does (See his fight with Baras.) There is no "The plot demanded it" because the warrior has been stated by everyone to be a wrecking ball. The plot made it clear that facing the wrath is equivalent of a death sentence. In fact, he has the title The Emperor's Wrath because he was chosen by the Emperor himself to be his personal executioner. It doesn't work that way. Another example is how Darth Maul is pretty close to Dooku in power despite Maul never showing force lightning. You're mistaking flashy force powers as a sign of superiority. That isn't the case.

You also completely missed the Emperor's voice feat or chose to willfully ignore it. Especially since the Emperor himself, even his voice, is pretty much above everyone else on the council.
I don't think the Emperor's Voice is above everyone on the Council in terms of power/strength, Thanaton and Baras alone are stronger than the voice. Therefor, even the weakest members are stronger than the Voice along with the strongest members/leaders Darth Nox and Darth Marr who are also stronger. Nox's powers and feats, while being flashy, are more impressive than the Wrath's, not because their flashy, because of what they do/are, and etc.

You're right, I was confusing it with my head-cannon/SWTOR fan-fictions of where luck is all there just like in real-life.

PS. I hope I'm not confusing my SWTOR head-cannon/fanfiction and etc where Nox is the most powerful being in the galaxy with actual game lore and mechanics but those don't count in this thread. Also, I think the battle between Darth Nox and The Emperor's Wrath would be a close fight, but it would be a draw though. Nobody would win, nobody would die.

d_dominic
07.28.2016 , 05:07 PM | #305
I don't think the Emperor's Voice is above everyone on the Council in terms of power/strength, Thanaton and Baras alone are stronger than the voice. Therefor, even the weakest members are stronger than the Voice along with the strongest members/leaders Darth Nox and Darth Marr who are also stronger. Nox's powers and feats, while being flashy, are more impressive than the Wrath's, not because their flashy, because of what they do/are, and etc.

You're right, I was confusing it with my head-cannon/SWTOR fan-fictions of where luck is all there just like in real-life.

PS. I hope I'm not confusing my SWTOR head-cannon/fanfiction and etc where Nox is the most powerful being in the galaxy with actual game lore and mechanics but those don't count in this thread. Also, I think the battle between Darth Nox and The Emperor's Wrath would be a close fight, but it would be a draw though. Nobody would win, nobody would die.
Emperor's Voice contains Emperor's full power and is above Dark Council in power multiple times. Emperor (using emperor's voice) even single handedly wiped out all of the Dark Council members at the same time when they tried to overthrow him.

Rhyltran
07.28.2016 , 05:14 PM | #306

If that was the case the Jedi order would have been easily wiped out. Some of the strongest members of the Jedi Council, alongside the Jedi Knight the first time, were completely overwhelmed and defeated by the Emperor's voice force storm. If each member of the Dark Council was that strong or stronger then the Jedi order would have completely collapsed. To assume the Sith are that far above the Jedi doesn't really make any sense. Likewise, as the poster above me mentioned, there was a time when the previous Dark Council tried to stand up to the Emperor and got slaughtered. No, most of the members of the dark council are NOT stronger than the Emperor's voice.

Zbljuv
07.29.2016 , 04:47 AM | #307
Well the Jedi and the Republic could have been wiped out but Vitiate didnt want to do it since he had other plans.

Rhyltran
07.29.2016 , 05:25 PM | #308
Quote: Originally Posted by Zbljuv View Post
Well the Jedi and the Republic could have been wiped out but Vitiate didnt want to do it since he had other plans.
Except the Emperor was absent for a long time. My point still stands. If each council member is strong enough to one shot the majority of the jedi council.. the war would have been over no contest. The only logical explanation is.. the emperor's voice is far more powerful than most of the dark council.

Rolodome
07.29.2016 , 06:06 PM | #309
I think we should remember though, that the Sith way is not always about power and strength. Though power is certainly sought as is strength, it's practically a tradition for Sith to overwhelm each other through treachery and cunning. Some Sith cling to the idea that "the strong killing the weak" strengthens the Sith order, but in reality, many Sith use tricks, rather than raw strength.

I think Nox was always supposed to be an example of power through treachery and cunning (like Sidious) and Wrath was always supposed to be an example of raw power through midichlorians (or whatever lore reason you want to go with), like Anakin/Vader.

Sidious is powerful and so is Nox, but it's a different kind of power compared to Vader/Wrath. Strength mostly through cunning for the former. I mean, I know the lore says Sidious is really powerful (and probably way more powerful than Nox) but remember we're talking about types of power. If Sidious had had the kind of direct battle prowess that Anakin/Vader did, there'd have been no point in him plotting in such a convoluted way. He could have just led a brutal war with himself at the helm, slaughtered the Jedi, and taken over. Much simpler. (By the way... side note... if Sidious created Anakin, why the **** didn't he just kidnap him at a young age and train him to be a Sith? Would have been such a more straightforward path to corrupting him lol.)

In other words, we shouldn't forget that who is stronger isn't necessarily about raw power because in this world, raw power can be readily overwhelmed by cunning if executed properly. In pure strength, I think the Wrath would wipe out the Dark Council and munch on Nox as a snack, but that's assuming a straightforward confrontation, with no plotting and no tricks. Which is highly unlikely to happen among Sith.

In short: The more I come back to this idea, the more I think that what it really comes down to is... who plotted to be in a better position at the right time? Under controlled circumstances, I think Wrath wipes the floor, but that's not how the SWTOR world works. There are no "controlled circumstances." Nox would never challenge the Wrath to a direct duel, or accept such a challenge, without having a trick up his sleeve.

Codedrago
07.29.2016 , 07:53 PM | #310
Quote: Originally Posted by Rolodome View Post
I

I think Nox was always supposed to be an example of power through treachery and cunning (like Sidious) and Wrath was always supposed to be an example of raw power through midichlorians (or whatever lore reason you want to go with), like Anakin/Vader.
But that's the thing, Nox isn't an example of power through treachery and cunning, he's an example of raw power. Though the Wrath isn't entirley an example of power through treachery and cunning either.
It's not that you disagree, it's how you disagree
You're a white knight if you like Bioware, you're a whiner if you hate them, you're a scummy fence sitter if you're in the middle.
Why don't go and click this referral link . Please? Pwetty Pwease with a Vette on top?