Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Emperor's Wrath vs. Darth Nox (spoilers)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Emperor's Wrath vs. Darth Nox (spoilers)

Spetulhu's Avatar


Spetulhu
07.26.2016 , 06:37 AM | #271
It's not a simple question of who is stronger, it's a question of who is prepared for the fight. The Wrath is the ultimate Sith Warrior and always prepared for a fight - if things got heated and a fight started without the Inquisitor having made preparations that's game over in two strikes. If the Inquisitor planned for a fight it's a different matter, then he'd have all sorts of Force rituals done before it to enhance and protect himself. And yes, I don't see the Inquisitor as fool enough to start a fight with the Wrath unprepared - he's suffered for bad planning before and learned his lesson I hope.

So IMO the Wrath wins if it's a sudden decision to start exchanging blows. If it's a long-term plan of the Inquisitor (or both) it gets a lot more even, reaching the "immovable object vs irresistible force" scenario.

Codedrago's Avatar


Codedrago
07.26.2016 , 07:32 AM | #272
Quote: Originally Posted by Spetulhu View Post
It's not a simple question of who is stronger, it's a question of who is prepared for the fight. The Wrath is the ultimate Sith Warrior and always prepared for a fight - if things got heated and a fight started without the Inquisitor having made preparations that's game over in two strikes. If the Inquisitor planned for a fight it's a different matter, then he'd have all sorts of Force rituals done before it to enhance and protect himself. And yes, I don't see the Inquisitor as fool enough to start a fight with the Wrath unprepared - he's suffered for bad planning before and learned his lesson I hope.

So IMO the Wrath wins if it's a sudden decision to start exchanging blows. If it's a long-term plan of the Inquisitor (or both) it gets a lot more even, reaching the "immovable object vs irresistible force" scenario.
You say it like the Wrath can't set up a plan too
It's not that you disagree, it's how you disagree
You're a white knight if you like Bioware, you're a whiner if you hate them, you're a scummy fence sitter if you're in the middle.
Why don't go and click this referral link . Please? Pwetty Pwease with a Vette on top?

ethanredmace's Avatar


ethanredmace
07.26.2016 , 09:49 AM | #273
I think that Darth Nox would annihilate the Wrath because of all the rituals he's learned, the force abilities he's learned, the ghosts he has bound, the enemies he has killed, his feats, and him being able to use Sith Sorcery in extremely powerful ways. The Wrath can't use it because he is a warrior. Wrath's enemies were strong yes, but not as impressive as Nox's. Wrath might be very powerful in general, but compared to the Inquisitor he's like a fly to him, waiting to be swatted.

You might try to argue that the Wrath is above the Dark Council in terms of power level/potential, but he's not. He might have a higher/same potential as all of them, but the only reason they fear him is because he's the Emperor's Wrath. We all know if you mess with the Emperor, you die horribly. Also, because its the Wrath, the Dark Council members or a Dark Council member would just let him do justice to them for the crime that they committed and let him win, but Darth Nox even if he used a quarter of his power and went easy, he would again crush the Wrath and make him wish he was never born.

Keep in mind, I've played both stories once and also through the expansions, so my opinion isn't too biased. Also, this is editted in, so I hope I didn't confuse this with my head-cannon of Darth Nox being the most powerful being in all of the galaxy's and also amazing at lightsaber dueling even more so than Arcann, The Wrath, Senya, The JK, and every other good saber duelist combined. I still think Nox even out of head-cannon would still utterly destroy the Wrath which I gave all my reasons and etc above.

CrownofGold's Avatar


CrownofGold
07.26.2016 , 09:50 AM | #274
What it all comes down to is if it is a melee battle The Wrath will undoubtedly win, if Nox/Occlus/Imperius begins the battle from a distance, The Wrath will be fried quickly.

Darth Nox/Occlus/Imperius could also use stealth and get behind The Wrath and run him through.

It's all situational.

Let's keep it simple.
Mia Goespewpewpewpew Pewpewpewpewpew, Grand Champion of the Great Hunt
<Twi'lek Lives Matter>
The Harbinger

ethanredmace's Avatar


ethanredmace
07.26.2016 , 10:13 AM | #275
Quote: Originally Posted by CrownofGold View Post
What it all comes down to is if it is a melee battle The Wrath will undoubtedly win, if Nox/Occlus/Imperius begins the battle from a distance, The Wrath will be fried quickly.

Darth Nox/Occlus/Imperius could also use stealth and get behind The Wrath and run him through.

It's all situational.

Let's keep it simple.
-

I still think Nox would win against the Wrath in every single way with the exception of saber dueling.

Rhyltran's Avatar


Rhyltran
07.26.2016 , 11:08 AM | #276
Quote: Originally Posted by ethanredmace View Post
-The battle begins with Darth Nox easily lifting the Wrath into the air and rag dolling him across the Dark Council chamber up against a strong metal wall, and uses the force to forcefully take the Wrath's lightsabers, leaving him helpless. He starts hurling lightning at the Wrath, he tanks it in an Arcann style fashion for a few seconds, but then falls to the ground, beaten and broken. Nox then only uses a quarter of the 'Unlimited Power' that he has and before he kills the Wrath, he says "Go to sleep!" and then strikes the killing blow to the Wrath.

Plot twist, the Wrath survives, comes back more powerful than ever, gets his lightsabers back, force pushes Nox against a wall, Nox flies with lightning and lands perfectly with his feet on the ground, but then two sharp knifes abruptly fly out of the darkness, and with perfect accuracy, impaling Nox and The Wrath straight in their chests. "How dare you steal my catchphrase, you little-"

"Its my catchphrase now, peasant! I can use it whenever I please," Nox replied to the unknown figure lurking in the darkness, trying not to sound in pain.-

You guys can continue the short story if you want to. The reason I made the Wrath survive is because of you guys that are Wrath fangirls/fanboys and for other reasons. I still think Nox would win against the Wrath in every single way with the exception of saber dueling. Also, the reason I didn't tell y'all who the figure was, is because most of you guys already know who it is and I was also admittingly try-harding to sound mysterious.
The wrath isn't getting ragdolled lol. You have to be far superior to your opponent in order to ragdoll them and claiming that Nox can ragdoll the wrath would mean that Nox can ragdoll the Emperor's voice. That's not happening. Also the wrath is VERY adept at using the dark side to the point where he can use dark side energy blasts (which is a form of Sorcery btw.) It would take someone of Palpatine's power to potentially ragdoll the Wrath, Jedi Knight, or Consular.

P.S. Nox isn't Palpatine level.

ethanredmace's Avatar


ethanredmace
07.26.2016 , 12:09 PM | #277
Quote: Originally Posted by Rhyltran View Post
The wrath isn't getting ragdolled lol. You have to be far superior to your opponent in order to ragdoll them and claiming that Nox can ragdoll the wrath would mean that Nox can ragdoll the Emperor's voice. That's not happening. Also the wrath is VERY adept at using the dark side to the point where he can use dark side energy blasts (which is a form of Sorcery btw.) It would take someone of Palpatine's power to potentially ragdoll the Wrath, Jedi Knight, or Consular.

P.S. Nox isn't Palpatine level.
Spoiler


Also, above, I made some edits to my uncompleted short story to have it make more sense and to be a better story.

Rhyltran's Avatar


Rhyltran
07.26.2016 , 12:22 PM | #278
Quote: Originally Posted by ethanredmace View Post
Spoiler


Also, above, I made some edits to my uncompleted short story to have it make more sense and to be a better story.
Arcann isn't weaker than Nox. If you play as Noxx he does the same to him as he does the wrath. In fanon anything can happen. I can write a short story where Nox gets schooled by the smuggler.

Until chapter 16.

Arcann > The player characters.

ethanredmace's Avatar


ethanredmace
07.26.2016 , 12:26 PM | #279
Quote: Originally Posted by Rhyltran View Post
Arcann isn't weaker than Nox. If you play as Noxx he does the same to him as he does the wrath. In fanon anything can happen. I can write a short story where Nox gets schooled by the smuggler.
Lol. Anyways, Arcann only won against Nox simply because the plot demanded it and if the plot let Nox's true colors (true power) shine, he would have annihilated Arcann without Valkorian's help. Because at this point in the game, Nox's lightning might be stronger than Valk's who may or may not be holding back, but probably is, but I do know that Valk's lightning is stronger because of him killing Marr in
Spoiler
and etc.

Also, Valkorian>Nox>Vaylin>Baresen'thor>Marr>Arcann>Sith Warrior>Jedi Knight>Senya in terms of raw power. But, The Wrath, The Hero of Tython, and Arcann are the top 3 best lightsaber duelists in this game at this point in KOTFE as far as we know of, but there might be some NPC's who are better.

PS. another reason why Nox lost is because of the carbin sickness that's barely got a chance to heal. If I remember correctly, in chapter 3, Lana injected a cure into our characters that needs time to cure them.

Sage_of_Battle's Avatar


Sage_of_Battle
07.26.2016 , 01:18 PM | #280
Quote: Originally Posted by ethanredmace View Post
Lol. Anyways, Arcann only won against Nox simply because the plot demanded it and if the plot let Nox's true colors (true power) shine, he would have annihilated Arcann without Valkorian's help. Because at this point in the game, Nox's lightning is stronger than Valk's who may or may not be holding back, but probably is, but I do know that Valk's lightning is stronger because of him killing Marr in
Spoiler
and etc.

Also, Valkorian>Nox>Vaylin>Baresen'thor>Marr>Arcann>Sith Warrior>Jedi Knight>Senya in terms of raw power.

PS. another reason why Nox lost is because of the carbin sickness.
And... because he simply isn't stronger. You're grossly overestimating Nox. Arcann was trained by Valk/Vitiate. He simply isn't stronger than Arcann. Neither is the Wrath. That may change by the end of this, but if he becomes stronger, so does the Wrath.

Bottom line is Wrath's achievements are on par with everything Nox ever did, if not greater. As an apprentice, the Wrath was already beating Lords and Jedi Masters single-handedly. They defeated a Sith Lord that used the force to become nearly unkillable, they defeated a Voss Mystic possessed by a dark side entity who was also supercharged by the Emperor ffs. Go to page 26 and you can see for yourself a more detailed list. If the Wrath is a "fly" then the Inquisitor is an ant, waiting to be stepped on.

Let's go over what it means to be the Wrath. The last Wrath, the Dark Council didn't dare mess with. Scourge left the Council in fear. And it's not just because "no one ****s with the Emperor" because at this point, the Dark Council is hardly even affiliated with the Emperor anymore. The Emperor is living in seclusion, plotting on his own. No, they fear the Wrath because they know that not just anyone becomes the Wrath. Not only that, but the Wrath had already fought and killed two Dark Council leveled Sith before Baras, so yes, he IS stronger than the Dark Council. Want to know what happens when Nox threatens them? Marr hardly even takes it seriously. The idea that they would "let" him punish them for any transgressions towards the Emperor is foolish. They would fight back, like any Sith would, and they would die.

None of this is to say that Nox isn't competent, a Force Walker is also incredibly rare. But the only two scenarios I, and what it looks like is many others on this thread, think that they either kill each other(or cancel each other out and no one wins), or the Wrath takes this.