Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Emperor's Wrath vs. Darth Nox (spoilers)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Emperor's Wrath vs. Darth Nox (spoilers)

Sith-Viscera's Avatar


Sith-Viscera
02.25.2014 , 04:30 AM | #191
Quote: Originally Posted by Rhyltran View Post
Depends. I've had a similar debate with a buddy of mine. We settled with two possibilities.

They are equal.

Wrath is more powerful.

As for the second conclusion it goes like this.. Nox just gained a seat on the council by defeating a member of the council that the others felt barely deserved the position in the first place. Nox also did it with the help of various spirits rather than his/her own power. In a sense you can still argue it Is Nox's power but.. not the point of this thread.

The wrath on the other hand is second only to the emperor himself. He/She was chosen specifically by the Emperor himself in order to serve. Even the council has acknowledged him/her as the wrath and outright states he/she may do whatever he/she wants as long as it doesn't contradict their own goals. Despite this the council seem nervous and even state they won't get in Wrath's way.
Listen to this person.
Well said, well Said.....
Referral link, Use it, don't use it. It's what ever. But if you do, Thank You.
http://www.swtor.com/r/22Ct9G

ToMyMa's Avatar


ToMyMa
02.25.2014 , 04:13 PM | #192
Quote: Originally Posted by RojahDojah View Post
I think it's a matter that'd be decided by the terms of engagement. In a toe to toe duel the Wrath's martial prowess wins out, but the likelihood of that happening is nil. Far more likely is that Nox, should she choose to, can bring a far larger and more vital powerbase to bear and annihilate the Wrath from afar. After the ash settles she can sift through for any ghostly morsels that remain and chalk it up to the experience of coming up the hard way as opposed to the warrior's relatively cushy ride to the top.

The third option (and most likely in my mind) is that Jadus returns upon the news of the Emperor's demise, burns their minds out with terror and leaves them and the rest of the Dark Council gibbering at the foot of his throne as madness and fear spread through the galaxy in his wake.
Dread Master Jadus

Girdeux's Avatar


Girdeux
02.25.2014 , 07:54 PM | #193
Quote: Originally Posted by RojahDojah View Post
After the ash settles she can sift through for any ghostly morsels that remain and chalk it up to the experience of coming up the hard way as opposed to the warrior's relatively cushy ride to the top.
The wraths "cushy" ride to the top? You realize the Wrath has the best feat out of anyone in the game right?

Ruddertail's Avatar


Ruddertail
03.02.2014 , 11:29 AM | #194
Quote: Originally Posted by Girdeux View Post
The wraths "cushy" ride to the top? You realize the Wrath has the best feat out of anyone in the game right?
I don't remember the warrior starting as a slave and through sheer willpower clawing his way up the ranks, with every single person he meets trying to kill him.

That said I'm fairly sure Nox would win, given that he has five force ghosts enslaved within him. I have a hard time imagining the bloody emperor himself being more powerful than five ancient ghosts AND Nox himself. To say the lore paints him as being overpowered is understating it.

Of course, when it actually comes to in-game combat I have the hardest time beating maras.

Bird_of_Thunder's Avatar


Bird_of_Thunder
03.02.2014 , 09:23 PM | #195
Quote: Originally Posted by Ruddertail View Post
I don't remember the warrior starting as a slave and through sheer willpower clawing his way up the ranks, with every single person he meets trying to kill him.

That said I'm fairly sure Nox would win, given that he has five force ghosts enslaved within him. I have a hard time imagining the bloody emperor himself being more powerful than five ancient ghosts AND Nox himself. To say the lore paints him as being overpowered is understating it.

Of course, when it actually comes to in-game combat I have the hardest time beating maras.
WARNING: Heavy spoilers from warrior story to ensue
Do you remember the inqusitor

Spoiler


No? My point exactly. The warrior's way to the top was far from cushy.

Spoiler
One Trick Marauder
Ebon Hawk, U.S --> Star Forge, U.S.

Iyzel's Avatar


Iyzel
09.01.2015 , 10:12 AM | #196
I disagree. The fact that Thanaton blackmailed his way into the Council is irrelevant. Baras had to do the same and he was pretty powerful. The Emperor only made Scourge immortal. And he isn't exactly immprtal in the sense he can't die but rather he doesn't age. I'll agree that the Wrath should technically be stronger since he's supposed to execute dark council members if he needs to. But I still think Nox/Occlus/Imperius is stronger. Oh and btw Nox can be killed even with the ghosts. Thanaton tried killing him through force. If you decapitate him he'll die for example. Anyways the Wrath was hard pressed by Baras. So I'd say Sith Inq id more powerful.

Oh and : Darth Imperius - light side
Darth Occlus - neutral
Darth Nox - dark aide

Rhyltran's Avatar


Rhyltran
09.01.2015 , 11:07 AM | #197
Quote: Originally Posted by Iyzel View Post
I disagree. The fact that Thanaton blackmailed his way into the Council is irrelevant. Baras had to do the same and he was pretty powerful. The Emperor only made Scourge immortal. And he isn't exactly immprtal in the sense he can't die but rather he doesn't age. I'll agree that the Wrath should technically be stronger since he's supposed to execute dark council members if he needs to. But I still think Nox/Occlus/Imperius is stronger. Oh and btw Nox can be killed even with the ghosts. Thanaton tried killing him through force. If you decapitate him he'll die for example. Anyways the Wrath was hard pressed by Baras. So I'd say Sith Inq id more powerful.

Oh and : Darth Imperius - light side
Darth Occlus - neutral
Darth Nox - dark aide
You do realize Baras was given power by Sel Melkor who was trying to control the voice of the emperor and he siphoned off power from The Entity which is the spirit of Kreia, right? Baras at that point was no longer a normal Darth. It's also why the council states in the wrath story they'll believe whoever wins because they could already sense Baras got a power "upgrade" from somewhere. If Baras wins then clearly the Emperor did choose him to be his voice. Where did the power come from? If the Wrath wins then clearly he was chosen by the Emperor to act as his personal executioner.

No. I am not stating the wrath is more powerful than Nox but people don't give enough credit to Baras. He schemed his way into a lot of power and almost had the council answering to him. If Baras was a nobody why would they consider your claim as well? Just because you said it? Why bow to you? It's because at that moment Baras was significantly powerful and they acknowledged your power for defeating him. Now that doesn't mean none of them could do the same but it does mean they would have severely struggled to do so.

Realize that for a moment. Baras had Kreia's spirit under lock down and managed to trick the voice of the emperor. Pretty impressive really.

SithKoriandr's Avatar


SithKoriandr
09.01.2015 , 02:57 PM | #198
Inquisitor kills Darth Zash! Or has her put into another body anyways
"It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more...than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so *********** what." - Stephen Fry

WorldSmasher's Avatar


WorldSmasher
09.01.2015 , 07:45 PM | #199
Before The Emperor's plans became known, Darth Nox would have avoided conflict with The Wrath at ALL COSTS. Going against the Wrath (even if he won) is the same as going against The Emperor, and Nox dose not stand a chance against The Emperor, neither through knowledge of Dark Force rituals, nor politically against the entire Dark Council.

After the plans of The Emperor are become known, and Vitiate is disavowed as Emperor of The Sith Empire, is another story. Hmmm.... The Wrath is raw, unbridled brute power, mostly directed through his mastery of lightsaber techniques augmented by The power of the Dark Side, as he channels his wrath and hatred.

Darth Nox, on the other hand, could not compete as well, lightsaber to lightsaber against The Wrath, but his extensive knowledge of Dark Force rituals would give him a decided edge. He could play "keep away" from The Wrath, while draining The Wrath of his life force.

The Wrath would frustratedly chase Darth Nox around, while Nox drained away Wrath's life and strength away. Nox doesn't care about honorable combat, the way Wrath does, so Nox has no problem with cheating and running, to win.

Nox wins, because he doesn't have to fear losing his place on the Dark Council by defying The Wrath, and by extension, the former emperor, Vitiate. In fact, Nox finds that this is an excellent opportunity to exert his will over the Dark Council. They fear him already. With Vitiate out of the way....

ForiDani's Avatar


ForiDani
09.03.2015 , 11:00 AM | #200
Quote: Originally Posted by WorldSmasher View Post
Before The Emperor's plans became known, Darth Nox would have avoided conflict with The Wrath at ALL COSTS. Going against the Wrath (even if he won) is the same as going against The Emperor, and Nox dose not stand a chance against The Emperor, neither through knowledge of Dark Force rituals, nor politically against the entire Dark Council.

After the plans of The Emperor are become known, and Vitiate is disavowed as Emperor of The Sith Empire, is another story. Hmmm.... The Wrath is raw, unbridled brute power, mostly directed through his mastery of lightsaber techniques augmented by The power of the Dark Side, as he channels his wrath and hatred.

Darth Nox, on the other hand, could not compete as well, lightsaber to lightsaber against The Wrath, but his extensive knowledge of Dark Force rituals would give him a decided edge. He could play "keep away" from The Wrath, while draining The Wrath of his life force.

The Wrath would frustratedly chase Darth Nox around, while Nox drained away Wrath's life and strength away. Nox doesn't care about honorable combat, the way Wrath does, so Nox has no problem with cheating and running, to win.

Nox wins, because he doesn't have to fear losing his place on the Dark Council by defying The Wrath, and by extension, the former emperor, Vitiate. In fact, Nox finds that this is an excellent opportunity to exert his will over the Dark Council. They fear him already. With Vitiate out of the way....
I think you discredit the Wrath as just a simple enforcer like literally every enemy in the game. The Wrath is not just a brute used for intimidation, but also a strategist (Taris), a master of the Dark Side, a supreme duelist, very persuasive (he gets information out of anybody and when he speaks people tremble) and absolutely unrelenting. If Nox decided to underestimate the Wrath he would just end up the same fate as Nomen Karr who discredited him as a blunt instrument. I also don't think the Wrath craves "honorable" combat, but is just a touch more direct than the scheming Nox. I also don't think he would have much difficulty dealing with Nox's force powers as he fought many people with strong force powers or at least people who were empowered by the force, but Nox doesn't have the training nor the experience to deal with the Wrath's dueling abilities I think.