Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Class Changes in 6.1 - Feedback

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Public Test Server
Class Changes in 6.1 - Feedback
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

JediMasterAlex
01.15.2020 , 08:41 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Stncold View Post
Good ol BW. Anytime Lightning/TK is in a good spot it gets nerfed the first patch while mercs got to stay stupid for an entire expansion. Also lol at nerfing it before deception gets nerfed and not even nerfing the real problem with concealment. Even better in order to nerf lightning they're going to make madness unplayable and mess with corruption's survivability in this burst meta.
Exactly. Even though my expectations weren't all that high for the next balance patch, this is even more incompetent than I thought possible.

They haven't fixed the vents on Mandalorian Battle Ring. They haven't fixed tactical swapping. They haven't nerfed maul spam. They haven't nerfed volatile strike.

These changes are a disgrace.

-Highsteel-
01.15.2020 , 10:32 PM | #12
Wow you guys just dont give a damn anymore. Just basically writing it in I see.
EZIO CHESTY-LARUE SCARFACE JUGGSORNOT SODA POPINSKI CHEZIO DUKE NUKEM

STAR FORGE

DarthFenris
01.15.2020 , 10:37 PM | #13
You guys really don't like Troopers. Why not just remove them from the game since you're taking away the only good armor set bonus out of all the Vanguard/Powertech sets. I mean at least give us a tanking set that's worth a crap. I mean you give Guardian/Juggernauts a decent tanking set not to mention their DPS sets, even Shadows/Assassins have better tank sets than Vanguard/Powertech. Meteor Brawler was pretty much the only set that was worth it and now you are nerfing it and putting the Vanguard/Powertech even lower. I mean just take them out of the game already or stop nerfing them to the point no one wants to play them anymore.

fractallated
01.15.2020 , 10:39 PM | #14
I logged in on my phone to make my very first post on this here thread. Mobile is a trip

PVE and PVP are two separate games and trying to balance them together is always gonna be a cluster. Y’all are gonna nerf sorcs again while the openly broken OP stays OP and/or gets buffed?? Y’all are giving PVP whiner wanks too much weight and should nerf them instead.

Hoppinswtor
01.15.2020 , 11:19 PM | #15
The sorc changes are half-baked; more adjustments need to be made to prevent the class from getting neutered to a ridiculous extent. I agree that current Polarity Shift uptime is excessive for PvP, mainly because it provides massive boosts to kiting, burst, and interrupt prevention. But keep in mind that 6.0 Sorc DPS is actually pretty low without Polarity Shift--especially in PvE--and the Gathering Storm set bonus helps players compensate for this issue. Plus, Madness is currently under-performing even with the overpowered Polarity Shifts.

If the developers are going to (rightfully) nerf Gathering Storm, then they need to compensate by buffing certain abilities and passives; otherwise, both specs will struggle to hit 22k dps while all other ranged DPS specs are eclipsing 23k. I suggest the following changes, in addition to the set bonus nerf, to help balance things properly:

Sorcerer:
(1) Increase the damage of Affliction by 20 percent. (This will negate about half of the dps loss from the Gathering Storm nerf, while also giving healers a much-needed boost to their off-DPS in PvE.)

Lightning:
(1) Decrease the damage of Chain Lightning by 10 percent. (Thanks to Elemental Convection, Lightning Sorcs have insane output during cleave situations in PvP; this nerf will help take the edge off. Chain Lightning will still be more damaging than a Lightning Bolt, so the rotation will be unaffected.)
(2) Chain Lightning's root and snare effects can only occur once every 9 seconds. (The root spam caused by Elemental Convection is an absolute killer for melee at the moment.)
(3) Increase the Shock bonus perk to 85 percent, up from 35 percent. (This will compensate for the nerfs to Gathering Storm and Chain Lightning. When paired with Recklessness, Shock will complement Thundering Blast nicely. Plus, the move isn't reliant on the RNG nature of Forked Lightning procs, which is part of what makes Polarity Shift so strong for Lightning in the first place.)

Madness:
(1) Increase the damage of Force Leech and Force Lightning by 10 percent. (This will help to further negate the Gathering Storm nerfs while also giving Madness a much-needed boost to its single-target DPS.)

Changes like these will help Sorcs absorb the massive DPS loss caused by the changes to Gathering Storm, while also mitigating the excessive cleave of Lightning and buffing the lackluster single target DPS of madness.
Hoppin, The Cutest Mercenary <Death Smile>
Hoppinator (Merc), Hoppin (Sorc), Hopposites (Mara),
Hoptimal (Sin), Hopalicious (Jugg), Hopperative (Operative), Hoptimize (PT)

DarthEndonae
01.15.2020 , 11:20 PM | #16
What's the rationale for the changes to the Gathering Storm set bonus? You gave an explanation for the changes for all the other classes except for sorc. Do you guys think the Gathering Storm set bonus is too powerful? Is Lightning too powerful? Is it just sorc DPS in general too powerful? If it's just the set bonus, why wouldn't you give some buffs to Lightning and Madness alongside the set bonus nerf so they stay at the same power level? If it's just Lightning, nerfing the set bonus is gonna hurt Madness too, even if it isn't as much. The only way this course of action makes sense is if you guys think Sorc DPS is too powerful in general, but I really don't see how you can arrive at that conclusion since Madness is currently performing so poorly.

A small increase to the healing from the bubble is also not gonna buff sorc heals to be as strong as Merc and Op. Really it just comes down to the fact that the Sorc heal tacticals and set bonus are worse than what the other two specs have (and some of the tacticals for sorc heal are bugged). The Revitalized Mystic set bonus is just flat out worse than what they had in 5.0 while literally all of the other BiS set bonuses are significantly stronger than the old 5.0 bonuses and so is Empowered Restorer, but it has the added bonus of going completely against how sorc heal is supposed to be played. You're never supposed to get stacks of Weary or use Dark Heal without the proc that makes it instant and free and you don't need to either, and it also won't make much sense to use the Force Bending proc on Dark Heal since that increases the crit chance by 60% will negate the 10% crit chance from the set bonus. I really don't get thinking here, in what world is +5% healing done and +15% crit chance on abilities like operatives get with the tactician set bonus or the 10% critical chance and increased supercharge gain equal to 10% crit chance and 20% heal increase (sometimes) to only 1 ability. Both set bonuses need an extra effect or two like what has been done with the PT sets.

Also, why hasn't anything been done about Volt Rush? Even if you use the Endless Offensive set bonus and a Volt Rush tactical item, it's still a terrible ability and Endless Offensive won't be better than Gathering Storm even after your proposed nerfs.The only time Volt Rush is at all useful is with the Elemental Convection tactical for Lightning, and even then it's only used because it's required for Lightning to get any sort of AoE damage increase, but you're still much better off switching to Madness and using Slow Mercy if you really need the AoE damage. There's another catch too, in order to maximize Chain Lightnings, you don't get to benefit from the damage increases from using Volt Rush successively. In Madness, using The Rushdown tactical item, your DPS is actually lower than if you aren't using a tactical item at all (and no, 2 extra GCDs of mobility every other cycle is not enough. In both specs, disruptions occur when Volt Rush is used because it's shoehorned into their rotations/priority so you end up having to delay things and in general the specs become more difficult and clunky to play because they aren't built to handle accommodate another ability.

Honestly it feels like sorcs only got a new ability because nothing could be given an extra charge like merc got and all the other classes got a brand new ability so you guys decided to make a new ability but then make it so terrible that no one would actually want to use it. I feel like you could have accomplished the same goal by just giving sorcs some really flashy and totally impractical ability instead, like a 6 second cast, 2-3 min cooldown, 100k damage Valkorion-style Force Explosion type thing like what he uses to kill Darth Marr.

septru
01.15.2020 , 11:36 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoppinswtor View Post
The sorc changes are half-baked; more adjustments need to be made to prevent the class from getting neutered to a ridiculous extent. I agree that current Polarity Shift uptime is excessive for PvP, mainly because it provides massive boosts to kiting, burst, and interrupt prevention. But keep in mind that 6.0 Sorc DPS is actually pretty low without Polarity Shift--especially in PvE--and the Gathering Storm set bonus helps players compensate for this issue. Plus, Madness is currently under-performing even with the overpowered Polarity Shifts.

If the developers are going to (rightfully) nerf Gathering Storm, then they need to compensate by buffing certain abilities and passives; otherwise, both specs will struggle to hit 22k dps while all other ranged DPS specs are eclipsing 23k. I suggest the following changes, in addition to the set bonus nerf, to help balance things properly:

Sorcerer:
(1) Increase the damage of Affliction by 20 percent. (This will negate about half of the dps loss from the Gathering Storm nerf, while also giving healers a much-needed boost to their off-DPS in PvE.)

Lightning:
(1) Decrease the damage of Chain Lightning by 10 percent. (Thanks to Elemental Convection, Lightning Sorcs have insane output during cleave situations in PvP; this nerf will help take the edge off. Chain Lightning will still be more damaging than a Lightning Bolt, so the rotation will be unaffected.)
(2) Chain Lightning's root and snare effects can only occur once every 9 seconds. (The root spam caused by Elemental Convection is an absolute killer for melee at the moment.)
(3) Increase the Shock bonus perk to 85 percent, up from 35 percent. (This will compensate for the nerfs to Gathering Storm and Chain Lightning. When paired with Recklessness, Shock will complement Thundering Blast nicely. Plus, the move isn't reliant on the RNG nature of Forked Lightning procs, which is part of what makes Polarity Shift so strong for Lightning in the first place.)

Madness:
(1) Increase the damage of Force Leech and Force Lightning by 10 percent. (This will help to further negate the Gathering Storm nerfs while also giving Madness a much-needed boost to its single-target DPS.)

Changes like these will help Sorcs absorb the massive DPS loss caused by the changes to Gathering Storm, while also mitigating the excessive cleave of Lightning and buffing the lackluster single target DPS of madness.
Completely agree with Hoppin. Polarity uptime was excessive, but damage overall is weak, except when using the elemental convection tactical in cleave situations. All of his suggestions should be regarded as the bible.
-Prum, Satele Shan
"The real endgame is general chat."
The only real top 3 operative btw

Beyrahl
01.15.2020 , 11:39 PM | #18
Ionfall is not getting an auto crit or a super crit from superheated fuel, while firefall is. Please fix this.
Also can we please look at triple auto crit maul for assassin or the triple auto crit for concealment? Veiled strike tactical is too strong, spamming auto crits back to back period is too strong.

FerkWork
01.15.2020 , 11:57 PM | #19
The lack of comment on Gathering Storm is perturbing. In any case, please revert these changes they are unnecessary. Thanks.

Farferello
01.16.2020 , 12:24 AM | #20
So... nerfing Sorc whilst Deception Assassin's are still untouched? And then nerfing Acid Lash when one of the other tacticals is the main problem in pvp? ...Okay then.