blaster rifles with unique bolt effects?

Tenacity

Been a while since i've played (2-3 years) and i'm just now returning. A lot has changed.

One thing I've noticed is that there's a lot more lightsabers with unusual visual effects now, lightning-y blades and such. I'd like to know if they've done the same thing with any blasters, giving them anything other than the standard 'laser bolts'.

In particular looking for something that looks like it shoots any kind of plasma or electricity with the visual effects, since I want to use one on a vanguard and have it match up to their class attacks that look like electrical blasts.

Tunings seem to only change the visuals of the weapon itself not so much the actual shot coming out of it.

The only thing that seems to change the actual blaster fire itself is color crystals from what I can tell.

On my commando, if I load a black/red crystal versus a red/black crystal, the blast fire is quite different looking because one has black as the color outline while the inner part is red.

I'd say check out different color crystals on a training dummy, if you use a weapon you can copy from your collections you could load up 10-20 of the same rifle with different crystals and just plink away till you find what you like.

You could stick tunings in too, but I don't think they alter the shot appearance at all, just the weapon appearance when it's held in hand will show the tuning effect.

Been a while since i've played (2-3 years) and i'm just now returning. A lot has changed.

One thing I've noticed is that there's a lot more lightsabers with unusual visual effects now, lightning-y blades and such. I'd like to know if they've done the same thing with any blasters, giving them anything other than the standard 'laser bolts'.

In particular looking for something that looks like it shoots any kind of plasma or electricity with the visual effects, since I want to use one on a vanguard and have it match up to their class attacks that look like electrical blasts.

If you are referring to the lightening effects on a small number of the more rare sabers... no.. no blaster equivalent. With Blasters and Cannons when they added a special effect it was typically an animation (like spinning barrel, or flashing lights) or a laser pointer.

That said.. you can modify most weapons that have a tuning slot in them with one of the various weapon tunings. These will add particle effects to blasters if it is a particle effect tuning.. but it will not specifically be tied to the blaster bolt itself only to the weapon itself. There is simply no equivalence between a light saber blade and a blaster bolt in terms of any animation effects.

Edited by Andryah

Thanks for the replies. Tunings are definitely looking like my best option, those didnt exist last time I played so I had no idea what they were. the lightning tuning should work out well, especially if I go with a blue color crystal on one of the less blaster-looking rifles (trying to find something that looks like a lightning cannon, rather than a blaster rifle). I'll have to take a look through collections and see what I can find.